Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: The Matrix: Reloaded living up to original?

I see what your saying josh and I can see your point but not be mean you can drag that point into a couple other movies as well but dude its just a movie with kick ass f/x if you ask me lets just smoke a blunt and go watch the movies

yes..there clearly was a jesus reference, but i didn't it think it pertained to neo. didn't morpheus talk about there "once was a man who could make the matrix into whatever he wanted...he freed the first humans"...i took THAT person to be "jesus", which i guess wold make neo the second coming.

it's not a big deal that the story has religious basis...the bible is full of stories that are easily adapted, updated, etc.

josh125a, you should pay attention to Blue Lava.

The Matrix is not merely about Christianity. It has ties to Greek philosophy, Marxism, Buddhism, you name it. It's a post modern melting pot.

For instance, when Neo goes to see the Oracle, above her doorway, the sign says "know thyself" in Greek. The same was true of the Oracle who Socrates visited. Just as the Oracle in Greek mytholgy/philosophy breaths in vapors before speaking, the Oracle in the Matrix breaths in smoke & cookie odor.

The ties to Marx are clear (human labor as a commodity in the form of energy).

For a fairly intelligent discussion of these issues, check out:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...002-0980002-3991209?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

So, your analysis is a gross oversimplification.

I believe the movies will both be brilliant.

Here's my prediction for the final movie:

The matrix is real, there is no Zion, and everyone in the matrix is pacified by believing they are Neo.

posted above--"once was a man who could make the matrix into whatever he wanted...he freed the first humans"...i took THAT person to be "jesus"

I don't know who they're referring to. I suppose they'd bring it back up in the sequels since almost every line in a movie is painstakingly thought out.

It's been four years since the world first entered "The Matrix," and on Wednesday night celebrities like Lance Bass, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Fred Durst and of course the "Matrix" stars themselves came out to see the first of this year's two sequels.

Will Smith, no stranger to blockbuster films, showed up at the premiere of "The Matrix Reloaded" with wife Jada Pinkett, who appears as a new character called Niobe in "Reloaded," November's "Revolutions" and the "Enter the Matrix" video game. Although she has a franchise of her own now, the pair insisted there's no competition in the Smith household.

"I became part of this franchise because I really love what the movie represents, it really wasn't about being a part of all this," Jada said, motioning to the flashing bulbs of the paparazzi and multiple television crews (click here for photos from "The Matrix Reloaded" premiere). "I know that sounds crazy, but really right now, in my life, I wouldn't be able to keep up with all of this on a consistent basis. I'll leave the blockbusters to my husband."

As celebrities arrived, expectations were running high. "We're big fans of the first movie, and we heard that the directors topped themselves with this one," said Linkin Park's Joseph Hahn. "So we're pretty excited to see what they've done."

"I know it's going to be better than the first one," Durst said. "I think it's gonna raise the bar and set the new standard for what you can do in a movie with special effects. I think it's going to be the best movie with special effects to this day."

"It was beyond my expectations," proclaimed a very pregnant Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity), who had seen a finished cut of the film for the first time only days before. "I think it was an incredibly rich film. It has so many different ideas in it, it makes you really think. It's not a no-brainer. It's visually stunning. The special effects are just incredible. The fighting is amazing, the story is amazing, and I loved making it."

k in 1999, "The Matrix" dazzled audiences with its revolutionary motion-capture and "bullet-time" fight scenes, since copied by pictures like "Charlie's Angels" and "Bulletproof Monk" and parodied in films like "Scary Movie." But fans also embraced the sci-fi action thriller for its philosophical elements, which questioned the very nature of reality while blending Eastern religious ideas with Christian-like messiah prophecy.

"I think that people at a core level are moved by the messages of this film," Moss offered, "and I think we as human beings are asking the questions that are being asked in the film. And I think people are into how it looks and how it feels, but there's something underneath it that makes them want to see it again and again."

"One of the aspects that I like about the film," said Keanu Reeves, who returns as Neo, "is that it can be thought-provoking, but it's also the accessibility of the piece. And the way that the writers and directors, Andy and Larry Wachowski, have interwoven and synthesized so many different elements — the emotional aspects, the plot that they have, the ideas that they want to communicate, and [the] great action sequences and spectacle that's connected to the story."

On the red carpet, Reeves, Moss, Pinkett Smith, Laurence Fishburne (Morpheus) and Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith) promised that "The Matrix Reloaded" will push all of those things further.

Mythically, ['Reloaded'] gets closer and closer to the old Greek myths," Weaving said. "Gods fighting gods, demigods fighting gods, and humans fighting demigods. By the time you get into ['Revolutions'], that element of it becomes even clearer. So it has a huge mythical element, and that's kind of increasingly introduced as you go through the three films."

"The Matrix Reloaded" hits theaters May 15.

^^^^^^Just so i can personally gage your cinematic intelligence, would u be so kind as to name off your top ten favorite movies? Best movie ever is a pretty bold statement, and i was just wonderin if maybe you're an action buff, or u haven't seen enough movies, or if it really is the greatest movie of all time. thankyou.

I haven't read all the posts. Matrix is not original, watch dark city and ghost in the shell, or any anime for that matter. It's cool to get an influence, but this goes beyond that. The special effects look dope though. It's just eye candy

got my ticket for the 15th. can't wait. report back here soon after...

it's on at the Coronet in San Francisco which is a great cinema - not a multiplex - nice big screen...

alasdair

I don't know if anyone knows who Mancow is (he's sort of a Howard Stern of the midwest, big in Chicago) but he was talkin about it this morning and basically said Matrix 2 was a big disappointment.

the special effects and fight scenes are good. eye candy at its finest. the plot is weak though. i liked it but the first matrix definitely made me think more.

(previewed it last night..a perk of being best friends with a theater manager).

Righty1776 said:
I don't know if anyone knows who Mancow is (he's sort of a Howard Stern of the midwest, big in Chicago) but he was talkin about it this morning and basically said Matrix 2 was a big disappointment.

While I haven't seen the movie, I think Mancow is an idiot.

I light of the sheer anticipation/magnitude of this movie, I hereby recommend that people who see it on Thursday give the rest of us a week before they post 'spoilers'.
:X :X :X

Thanks that is all...:)

^^^ and to add to that...

Movie critics (not your average joe with an opinion but media personalities whose job it is to pick apart films) think that if they bash a movie that is either very highly anticipated/ hyped or is already immensely popular, it sets them apart from the crowd and gets them the attention they think they deserve. You hardly ever hear bad comments from a critic who had something to say about a sleeper hit. Just my experience but it seems like deep down they love the flick but feel inclined to pan it because no one else has yet.

Ronin said:
I light of the sheer anticipation/magnitude of this movie, I hereby recommend that people who see it on Thursday give the rest of us a week before they post 'spoilers'.

let's not discourage timely discussion of this much-anticipated movie event.

as long as people heed the Forum Guidelines - notably #6, then we should not have a problem with spoilers.

you have been warned - spoil the movie with an inappropriate comment and i'll get neo on your ass. i'm serious... i know kung-fu!

alasdair

Dick_Ritchie said:
Movie critics (not your average joe with an opinion but media personalities whose job it is to pick apart films) think that if they bash a movie that is either very highly anticipated/ hyped or is already immensely popular, it sets them apart from the crowd and gets them the attention they think they deserve. You hardly ever hear bad comments from a critic who had something to say about a sleeper hit. Just my experience but it seems like deep down they love the flick but feel inclined to pan it because no one else has yet.

I couldn't agree more.

And for some reason, it seems to reduce my enjoyment of the movie.

Die, Nay-sayers, Die!

I saw the movie yesterday, two days before it's scheduled release (working at a theater has it's advantages).

I'm not going to post anything specific.

All I'm going to say is that this movie does indeed live up to the first one.

Adios,
Steve

^^^^ Bastard!

I have to wait 6 and a 1/2.

Watching the Matrix 1 and the Animatrix's should kill some time... slowly :)

Just saw the new movie. I'm going to have to agree with Lingo.

Man this movie kicked ass! What was cool was over half the theater stayed there even after the credits rolled because they were still talking about it. :) And if you haven't seen it yet, please don't be silly and leave before the credits are done so you can see the preview for Revolutions.