⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Sherlock Holmes

Rate this movie!

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have a huge hard-on about this.

You can get all the original Sherlock Holmes books for free at Gutenberg project. On audio even! I've been downloading the MP3's and going through them in order. The guy who reads them is great.

I'm sure the movie prolly won't portray Sherlock as the raging cokehead that he is in the books. I can live with that. But Sherlock MUST NOT get the girl in the movie. I will be pissed if he does. His complete disinterest in women and romance is an important part of his character.

Trailer looks good. I'm stoked.

edit: according to wikipedia, the female lead character is Irene Adler and is Holmes' love interest. I can somewhat buy this as Adler was the closest to a love interest Holmes ever has in the series.
I withdraw my previous objection.

Last edited:
Awesome... Cant wait

I'm glad to see Robert Downey Jr back in full swing. With this and Iron Man 2.. He's gonna be a busy busy boy

this is gonna be awesome
im super excited. im so glad hes making movies again and he has a HOT body <3

I really want to see this.

I mean, aside from all the interesting setting/funnies/plots... I am happy enough to see Robert d. j. tied up naked in a victorian setting ;).

mr madonna is long spent. the trailers to this look lame to me. a mate saw it and liked it.... for an ACTION movie. bleh!

This is a great film and definately worth a watch, although i had to sit at the very front and had to tilt my neck up to a point where it hurt it was still very enjoyable :)

It was ok-ish. I really liked some of the techniques Guy Richie used. But the plot was pretty silly and there wasn't enough naked Jude Law (;)). I don't know what they did to Rachel McAdams but she looked like she had the plague or something. That said, I was pretty much entertained 90% of the time. Worth a rental when bored but not much else IMO.

Did anyone else notice all the hebrew throughout the dark mysticism/sorcery scenes? I was sort of wondering if it's a slight poke at Madonna's faith in Kabbalah.

I thought it was great :). I liked when he would think about how to beat someone's ass, and then he'd do like 7 moves in a row and walk away from an immobile body lol.

^ Yeah, those parts were really cool. :)

NSFW:
I also really liked the end where Holmes explained all the ways they were able to pull of their tricks

since when was schlock holmes a kung fu master and not a detective?

since when was schlock holmes a kung fu master and not a detective?

Sherlock Holmes in the original stories was a master boxer as illustrated in this exchange from The Sign of the Four

"Oh, yes you do, McMurdo," cried Sherlock Holmes, genially. "I don't
think you can have forgotten me. Don't you remember the amateur who
fought three rounds with you at Alison's rooms on the night of your
benefit four years back?"

"Not Mr. Sherlock Holmes!" roared the prize-fighter. "God's truth! how
could I have mistook you? If instead o' standin' there so quiet you
had just stepped up and given me that cross-hit of yours under the jaw,
I'd ha' known you without a question. Ah, you're one that has wasted
your gifts, you have! You might have aimed high, if you had joined the
fancy."

"You see, Watson, if all else fails me I have still one of the scientific professions open to me," said Holmes, laughing.

OK, so Shelock prolly wasn'tr skilled in Kung Fu specifically but he could fight.

My thoughts.

If you watch this movie expecting to see another LS&TSB, you will be disapointed. If you look at it as a big budget blockbuster action, I think it comes out all right. Compared to other big-budget blockbuster movies, SH stands up very well. It's not quite The Dark Knight or Spiderman but it's immensely more njoyable than Transformers/Avatar/G.I.Joe/StarTrek, etc etc etc...

Watch it baked. You'll have fun.

It was ok. I didn't hate it. I was hoping that he would IV a lot of morphine though instead of just drinking liquid out of small unlabeled bottles.

2/5

movie sucked...fell asleep like 2 mins into it...shit is WAY too long too
so you're rating a movie you didn't see,right?