Votes: 8 17.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters
Yeah, I think if I actually remember this would be one I want to see when it comes out on DVD.

Can people please have less varying opinions? It's easier for me when people all have a similar opinion.

Oh well I guess I'll have to see it and then decide whether it was worth seeing.

I wasn't so happy with it... it was funny but left it feeling like i had wasted a bit of my time, loved all their other movies though.. ah well

I was entertained for about the first 25 minutes. After that it seemed like the plot took a dive facefirst into a flaming pile of dogshit.

As far as stoner movies go Harold and Kumar >>>>>>pineapple express

i had very high hoped for this movie and my expectations were not met.

still a good comedy though

i gave it 4 stars

If you take it too seriously or have too high expectations, there's no doubt you're not gonna enjoy it. So just sit back, light up a few beforehand, and just laugh your ass off I say :p .

With that aside, I thought Pineapple Express was really fun to watch. Considering me and some of my friends were watching and talking about the preview way back in February or March we think, we had some pretty high hopes. But I think it delivered still, sure the plot was lame but the jokes were good. I also thought the opening scene was really good for some reason as well :D .

Care said:
As far as stoner movies go Harold and Kumar >>>>>>pineapple express

As far as movies go, Harold and Kumar is leagues above Pineapple Express.

But as far as depicting the stoned / stoner experience, I think that Pineapple Express is better.

Although I found myself getting a little bored and tired by the end, the ending itself was absoulutely kick ass.

Did anyone else pick up the Pulp Fiction reference? The dealer that James Franco's character was getting off was called Red. And his shtick through the movie was basically that we was inches from death. He "got shot like seven times", and the characters 'couldn't believe he was still alive'. Through the whole movie I was just expecting him to finally die and then one of the characters to exclaim "Red's Dead", just like Butch in Pulp Fiction... but the joke is that he doesn't die.

Also, I thought the scene where Seth Rogen's characters ear was shot off was a reference to Reservoir Dogs. Especially when he was asking Franco in a worried tone 'whether his ear looked bad?', very reminiscent of the cop in Reservoir Dogs asking Tim Roth whether his mangled ear "looked okay".

2.5/5

As has been mentioned, don't take it too seriously, it has it's moments. Probably more of a rental however.

^^i think you're reaching with both of those comparisons which is really a testament to how unentertaining this movie actually was ;)

Well yea, I did give the movie a 2.5/5, obviously my mind was wandering a bit when I thought of those. ;)

Did I read correctly where people here actually think HnK is BETTER than Pineapple Express? You have got to be kidding me?

Lets see, Harold and Kumar has a cheetah that smokes weed...riiiight. Maybe HnK would be better is I was say, 5, but I am an adult and I like movies that I can relate too more.

Now I'll admit the last 15 minutes were a little too lame, but I found myself laughing throughout this entire movie, even when nothing funny was happening I was still laughing because I was still thinking about the last joke!

I really enjoyed this one because I felt like the depiction of being high was much more accurate than any other stoner flick I've ever seen. They didn't try to make the camera all psychedellic when they got high, and I thought the dialogue was right on.

I'll be honest when Knocked Up came out I thought the movie was gonna be nothing more than Pro Life propoganda and I hated it even before I saw it. My girlfriend made me watch it and it is now one of my favorite comedies of this decade. After than I was a Apatow/Rogan fan. Superbad was quite funny, even if it was PG-13, and I thought the Pineapple Express was rotflmao funny!

I think Apatow might be my favorite current director.

I give this movie 10 out of 5 stars.

This movie is absolutely hilarious!

I enjoyed this more than anything else I've seen this year. It was just plain fucking funny. Coupled with the over the top violence, I was entertained throughout.

2.5 / 5 I just couldn't get into it. Superbad and knocked up are 2 of my favorite movies ever

2.5 / 5 I just couldn't get into it. Superbad and knocked up are 2 of my favorite movies ever

cravNbeets said:
exactly correct. seth rogan movies no longer get a free pass :(
Exactly. I heard this is the last movie Seth Rogan is coming out with. The first two were good but I wouldn't call myself a fan anymore after this film.

I did laugh, and James Franco was a total babe--other than that I wish I had NOT paid $20 to see this in theaters 8)

yeah only suckers pay for movies, music and other copywritten materials...

Anyhow the black hitman was pretty fun....that Bel Biv Devo song playing made me laugh

I watched this recently (stoned) and me and my gf couldn't stop laughing. I love stoner movies, I'd say it was better than HnK, dunno if its better than HnK2 though :p

guess i missed this thread. i think escape from gitmo was the movie i saw in theatres before this one, but i prefered this one by far to watching kumar cross the line with harold. shit... i would compare franco to chong, he played a stoner just so fucking well. so did rogan, who i've never seen a movie of before because i typically hate seeing dipshit movies but cmon it's not like i'd ever miss a stoner flick.

it was pretty banal yeah but what the fuck i mean that was painfully obvious from the trailers that it would be so. they stretched it a bit too far and it was almost like a cartoon at some points but the characters themselves were pretty solid for a laugh through n through