Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film: Hannibal Rising (trailer included)

rate this movie

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

• Total voters
They're really milking the tits off the franchise, aren't they?

I think I gave up on it after Jodie Foster wisely bailed out.

don't get me wrong, i do enjoy the films. Well, Silence and hannibal much moreso than the remake of red dragon. I mean come on, Brett rattner? Wtf were they thinking?
Although at the screening i went to there was a Q&A with rattner and hopkins, which was rather enjoyable.

I will see HR, but the Lecter character is becoming this generations freddie krueger. I'd imagine in some future incarnation once hopkins gets old and loses all his money on hookers, there be a predator vs hannibal crossover. One in which the climax involves fonzie jumping a motorcycle over a pool full of man eating anphibian pola bears holding tec 9's.

You forgot the part about the killer robot driving instructor that travels back in time for some reason... and he's got a heartbreaking decision to make about whether his best friend lives ... or dies. And his best friend is a talking pie!

The sequel "Hannibal" marked my limit. Although the original Manhunter had it's moments.

personally, i'm really excited about this, to say the least. i've read all the books and seen all the movies... so i'm really excited to see how it all began. i haven't gotten a chance to read the book yet.. but i will have to soon.

anyone else excited about this? it'll be weird since anthony hopkins won't be in it (ahem, "manhunter"?) but i'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

ugh
terrible film. full of bad pacing, plot holes and nonsense.

incredibly unfrightening.
1 star

^Im going to see it tomorrow. I (hope)wont be let down as I have very little expectations for horror/drama type movies such as this. After the movie Primeval, ANYTHING would see interesting and good.

I enjoyed it, mostly because I was watching with the book in mind, watching what they left in, what they left out and how they told the story on film. So it was interesting in that way, but it definitely isn't a fantastic film, although I did like the actor playing Hannibal, there were a few scenes where he was just so intense, which was fantastic, but there were other scenes where you couldn't really see the point.

But overall, it was enjoyable :)

i just got the book from my dad (we've both obsessively read and watched all the movies in the hannibal series) so i plan to read it this week and catch the movie this weekend. my dad wasn't too thrilled w/ the book- he said it can't compete w/ his other books. but... i'm still looking forward to reading it.

i thought the movie was great, disturbing but good, i understand how he is the way he is and to be honest that is the most gangsta payback. you cant fuck with hannibal

xena said:
i just got the book from my dad (we've both obsessively read and watched all the movies in the hannibal series)

i also read all of the books besides the latest. silence of the lambs is great, red dragon a little less so. not too sure about the other one...

Even though I liked it I'm giving it a 2... it really isn't 3 material... but was still good :)

riddle me this plotholeman

EIGHT YEARS after the war and the murder of the entire Lecter family, the "Lecter Castle" is taken over by the government and turned into an orphanage, yet during that entire time, not one person looked into Mrs Lecter's draw nor removed the items within. This is despite the room being used as an office and sleeping quarters.

right?

riiiiiiiight

If this one ridiculously fortunate set of impossible circumstances did not occur, then the major plot developement of Hannibal finding and molesting his chinese looking japanese aunty in law would never have happened and neither would any of that fucking annoying sword nonsense thus ridding the audience of the atrocious sword sound effects. I mean, seriously, was that scabbard and polishing cloth made of cement or what?!

L2R said:
riddle me this plotholeman

EIGHT YEARS after the war and the murder of the entire Lecter family, the "Lecter Castle" is taken over by the government and turned into an orphanage, yet during that entire time, not one person looked into Mrs Lecter's draw nor removed the items within. This is despite the room being used as an office and sleeping quarters.

right?

riiiiiiiight

If this one ridiculously fortunate set of impossible circumstances did not occur, then the major plot developement of Hannibal finding and molesting his chinese looking japanese aunty in law would never have happened and neither would any of that fucking annoying sword nonsense thus ridding the audience of the atrocious sword sound effects. I mean, seriously, was that scabbard and polishing cloth made of cement or what?!

OK... it is explained a hell of a lot better in the book. In fact that whole period is explained better in the book, the film took a lot of liberties and created some gaping axe wound size plot holes because of it... that whole section could have been done a hell of a lot better.

CB.

funnily, this is the only hannibal film to have a harris screenplay!

after finishing the book yesterday, i saw the movie this morning. as i mentioned earlier, my dad and i have read all 4 books and have now seen all 4 (technically 5) movies. out of the 4 books, this was probably my least favorite.

after reading horrible reviews, i went to the movie expecting nothing, but was pleasantly surprised. you can tell harris wrote the screenplay as well- with a few exceptions, the movie follows the book quite accurately. the story was ok- it was good to see/understand where this hannibal character came from.

as glad as i am that this book/movie came out, i honestly think that if this were the first story he wrote, i wouldn't have gotten into the hannibal series at all.

Just borrowed the dvd from my officemate, and 20 minutes into it late last night I fell asleep :( I guess seeing Gong Li in her role with that house full of props was so INCREDIBLY corny I cringed a bit :(
So...whaddaya guys think...should I give it another chance? watch it again later?