Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
I watched it, and I generally liked the way teenage heroin addicts in late 70's early 80's were shown. I am also somewhat a David Bowie fan, so his appearance was also a plus.

Negative opinion is that this movie and book were intended (and to my knowledge widely used in some european prevention programs) as scare tactics for teenagers. There was also a rumour circulating that Christiane F. got back on heroin and OD'd (suicide), but this proved false. Actually girl earned more than a million DEM, became somewhat a star of the early 80's berlin scene, hung around with Nick Cave, dated Alexander von Borsig from Eingestürzende Neubauten (german experimental band), and even sung on a few albums. She also spent some time modelling in italy and hung around Felini and the artsy/glamour crowd there too... Of course, as she said, only bad thing was that she had plenty of money for smack all the time. She is still alive and well today, and off drugs.

Not really a story to keep kids off smack huh?

I haven't seen it yet, but it's been recommended by someone whose opinion is generally worth listening to.

I saw this when it came out, ages ago now, must’ve been the early 80’s. Can’t remember that much about it, except it was pretty grim and there was a bit when she went to a Bowie concert, although it was shot specially for the film, not real concert footage. Bowie being in it was the main reason it was released internationally and became a minor hit – otherwise it would’ve remained an obscure German release that nobody would’ve seen. I happened to go to Berlin around the time it came out and I remember that there were some fucking scary people used to hang around the Bahnhof Zoo area, and the film was fairly accurate in the way it depicted it as I remember (in case you don’t know, Bahnhof is German for railway station and it’s called the Zoo because the Berlin zoo is nearby – although it was a pretty appropriate name considering some of the human specimens that used to hang around there!). After all this time I wouldn’t mind seeing it again, but it’s not something I’d want to watch very often so I wouldn’t bother buying it. Die-hard Bowie collectors would probably be the only ones who’s want to own it. I didn’t know about Christiana’s life after the movie, so thanks for that.

I've read the book and would like to see the movie. I hope it's not too hard to find.

I've read the book and seen the film. I really liked the use of light in the film that partly obscured their features and made them look ghost like, one day I will get around to watching the German language version.

I always get freaked out thinking about those young kids reusing and sharing the same needle, sharpening it on a match box and rinsing it out in the toilet bowl afterwards.

bump, only 5 replies in 5 years 8o surprising on bluelight. really good film, better than requiem for a dream, and marvelous soundtrack <3

RussellG said:
I've read the book and would like to see the movie. I hope it's not too hard to find.

LOL thats my old account (didnt update my email address when they did the password change).

I ended up buying this film. The film ends waaay before the book does. However the book did get a bit tedious with her stopping/starting/stopping etc. I liked the part with Bowie and a few of the scenes of them shooting up were... interesting. Not a movie I've watched many times since buying it though.

DoctorShop said:
The film ends waaay before the book does. However the book did get a bit tedious with her stopping/starting/stopping etc. I liked the part with Bowie and a few of the scenes of them shooting up were... interesting. Not a movie I've watched many times since buying it though.
right on, ima get around to ordering the book sometime, at least have it in 'the collection'

what i really liked about the movie was how real it came across showing chrstiane's descent into drug addiction as a young girl with no 'sugar-coating'

the bowie concert part was cool, i really love that song 'heroes' it fits the movie so well. great stuff
14.gif

A music video for "Christiane F" made as a tribute. Song "Heroes" - David Bowie. by LizardkingNUFC on youtube

Christiane F.

Is there any site(youtube) that i can watch the full movie?

It changed my life!

I first read the book Christiana F. as an 11 yr. old girl in germany.
I was in awe.
I met her in Berlin on a train.
I was in love.
I was obsessed with heroin already, as my mom was an American who had escaped the addiction to the drug in the late 60's and early 70's by moving us to Germany when I was 5.
I was born all f----ed up with major birth defects due to her addiction, but I still was just mesmerized by this girl in the 'Bahnhoff's Zoo"
I was her!
I moved to USA, and I picked up my life as a 14 yr old heroin addict in NYC after my bf and I moved there from Atlanta.
I wasted an awesome mind, a great education, and my wonderful spirit on heroin and my addiction to it, and the whole facade that accompanied it for me.
I am now a 39yr old woman who still does not know her way.
I lost my mom t heroin addiction and hep C four years ago, and frankly, I wish I had some dope right now.
Though I have not touched it in 9years!
No NA, no nothing. But I struggle with my love affair with Detlef, Christiana, and H all day, every day of my life!

This is on my list of 'films I still haven't seen'.

And I really wanna see it. :D

This film is amazing! It is one of only a few films that actually depict drug addiction accurately and authentically..... Defiantly one of my all time favs!!!!!!! And the soundtrack is simply brilliant! BOWIE BOWIE BOWIE (what more could you want).

Must see this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfWa38trn5A

Last edited:
Watch

One of my favorite movies of all time. Still really need to read the book.