• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Carlito's Way

captainballs

Bluelighter
I don't place this movie at all on any sort of comparison list with Scorcese flicks, but I must say that I watch this movie all the way through in its entirety about once a week. It is dramatic in a fun, almost broadway-ish way given its strange tendency to remind me of a musical (does anyone know whether the writers and/or producers took musicals or stage plays as a basis for this film?). I always cry at the end even though it's a little cheesy. I think it is the best acting Sean Penn has ever done - he plays the perfect foil to Carlito's calm and cool demeanor. What does everyone else think of this movie? I give it four stars.

great fuckin movie. braodway-ish ? hmm never thought of it like that. yea sean penn is dope as hell in this and also john leguizamo as benny blanco from the bronx. my fav scene after the in court when he tells the judge what was who.

Carlito: Now I ain't sayin' that my way would have been different had my mother been alive when I was a kid, 'cause that's all you hear in the joint. "I didn't have a chance." No. Bullshit. I was already a mean little bastard while my mother was alive, and I know it. But I learned about women from her.

Judge: Mr. Brigante, there are cases on the court's docket for this morning. Why am I listening to this?

David Kleinfeld: Your Honor, Mr. Brigante is understandably excited having been vindicated after five years of incarceration.

Judge: There's no vindication here, counselor. Or absolution, or benediction, or anything other than an incredible convergence of circumstances which you've exploited to your client's benefit.

David Kleinfeld: Your Honor, these circumstances that you speak of include illegal wiretaps and tainted evidence. This is a classic "fruit of the poisoned tree" situation. I think after five years of unjust incarceration it's reasonable to request Mr. Brigante be indulged his right to speak.

Judge: Okay, Mr. Brigante, I'm all ears.

Carlito: Your Honor with all due respect past and present, and without further to-do. Let me assure this court that I am through walkin' on the wild side. That's all I've been tryin' to tell you. I have been sick with the social ills known in the ghetto but my time in the Sterling Correctional facilities of Greenhaven and Sing Sing has not been in vain. I've been cured; born again, like the Watergaters. I know you've heard this rap before, your honor, I've changed. I've changed, and it didn't take no thirty years like your honor thought, but only five. That's right, sir. Five years. And look at me. Completely rehabilitated, reinvigorated, reassimilated, and finally gonna be relocated. And I want to thank a lot of people for that. I look over there and I see that man there, Mr. Norwalk. I want to thank you, sir, for making the tapes in an illegal fashion. I would like to thank the Court of Appeals for reversing you, Your Honor. And I want to thank AImighty God, without whom no case gets tossed.

I can't believe this. I must have forgot. How could I forget my dear, close friend and lawyer David Kleinfeld, who never gave up on me through everything, thick and thin. Why don't you just stand up?

David Kleinfeld: I'm sorry.

Judge: Mr. Brigante!

Carlito: Davey Kleinfeld!

Judge: You're not accepting an award. Court of Appeals' decision and the District Attorney's unfortunate investigative techniques now devolve upon me the painful duty of unleashing upon society a reputed assassin and convicted purveyor of narcotics.

Carlito: No. Never convicted on no dope.

Judge: The indictment is dismissed. Prisoner is discharged. Call the next case.

OKAY, I'M RELOADED!

i always felt this was underrated for an al pacino movie.

sean penn was nuts as the lawyer

once a week is a bit much, cb!

sean penn and viggo mortensen are both stellar in this.

So much better than Scarface, it's incalculable!

And agreed, this was Penn's best of all of his great all-time performances.

Know wat u mean about broadway-ish. Good movie but once a week bit much:D

You watch it once a week and u give it 4 stars???? so a 5 star movie you watch how often? every 6 hours:)

I remember really enjoying this one. Stuck in my mind for a long time. Highly recommended.

great fuckin movie. braodway-ish ? hmm never thought of it like that. yea sean penn is dope as hell in this and also john leguizamo as benny blanco from the bronx. my fav scene after the in court when he tells the judge what was who.

Carlito: Now I ain't sayin' that my way would have been different had my mother been alive when I was a kid, 'cause that's all you hear in the joint. "I didn't have a chance." No. Bullshit. I was already a mean little bastard while my mother was alive, and I know it. But I learned about women from her.

Judge: Mr. Brigante, there are cases on the court's docket for this morning. Why am I listening to this?

David Kleinfeld: Your Honor, Mr. Brigante is understandably excited having been vindicated after five years of incarceration.

Judge: There's no vindication here, counselor. Or absolution, or benediction, or anything other than an incredible convergence of circumstances which you've exploited to your client's benefit.

David Kleinfeld: Your Honor, these circumstances that you speak of include illegal wiretaps and tainted evidence. This is a classic "fruit of the poisoned tree" situation. I think after five years of unjust incarceration it's reasonable to request Mr. Brigante be indulged his right to speak.

Judge: Okay, Mr. Brigante, I'm all ears.

Carlito: Your Honor with all due respect past and present, and without further to-do. Let me assure this court that I am through walkin' on the wild side. That's all I've been tryin' to tell you. I have been sick with the social ills known in the ghetto but my time in the Sterling Correctional facilities of Greenhaven and Sing Sing has not been in vain. I've been cured; born again, like the Watergaters. I know you've heard this rap before, your honor, I've changed. I've changed, and it didn't take no thirty years like your honor thought, but only five. That's right, sir. Five years. And look at me. Completely rehabilitated, reinvigorated, reassimilated, and finally gonna be relocated. And I want to thank a lot of people for that. I look over there and I see that man there, Mr. Norwalk. I want to thank you, sir, for making the tapes in an illegal fashion. I would like to thank the Court of Appeals for reversing you, Your Honor. And I want to thank AImighty God, without whom no case gets tossed.

I can't believe this. I must have forgot. How could I forget my dear, close friend and lawyer David Kleinfeld, who never gave up on me through everything, thick and thin. Why don't you just stand up?

David Kleinfeld: I'm sorry.

Judge: Mr. Brigante!

Carlito: Davey Kleinfeld!

Judge: You're not accepting an award. Court of Appeals' decision and the District Attorney's unfortunate investigative techniques now devolve upon me the painful duty of unleashing upon society a reputed assassin and convicted purveyor of narcotics.

Carlito: No. Never convicted on no dope.

Judge: The indictment is dismissed. Prisoner is discharged. Call the next case.

OKAY, I'M RELOADED!

Indeed. the movie is full of profound dialogue. u got good memory!

GREAT movie, I got the DVD and everyone else should as well.

One of Al Pacino's best work. I also recommend HEAT for anybody that hasn't seen it. Great acting by both Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro.

before heat i would suggest donnie brasco, depp and pacino at their finest. BASED ON TRUE STORY

^good movie, but not better than HEAT IMO.

Yeah i think most people would agree with u, i think it's cuz i watched Heat when i was very young so i don't remember how good it was. I'm going to watch it again and will get back to u;)

heat>carlito's way>donnie brasco

db is far to melodramatic.