Votes: 4 17.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

dshock

Bluelighter
I have seen two different previews for this movie, and despite having justin timberlake in the cast, it looks really good. Am not too sure about when it will be released, or if it will even be released nationwide, and not just "In select cities" which is total bullshit.
Has anyone seen this movie yet, or have any comments?

i really want to see this, jesse james n' his crew were from my neighborhood, thats why im interested in it really.

im with you, i wish timberlake wasnt in the movie, but what ya gonna do. i was watchin an msnbc special about it recently n' i recall jesse's lawyer trying to delay the release of the movie till after jesse's trial n' also the prosecuter helped the filmmakers so i think they got some legal shit to work out before the movie can be released.

got this from wikipedia

n January 2006, the movie Alpha Dog, loosely-based on his life, premiered at the Sundance Film festival. The film stars Emile Hirsch, Justin Timberlake, Bruce Willis, Sharon Stone, and Harry Dean Stanton. Universal Studios will release the film in theaters late 2006 for awards consideration later opening the film widely in early 2007. During the making of the film, citing his desire to have Hollywood captured, Santa Barbara County Deputy District Attorney Ronald J. Zonen, who prosecuted Hollywood's codefendants and was poised to prosecute Hollywood, gave copies of virtually every document in his file to the filmmakers and served as an unpaid consultant to the film. On October 5, 2006, the California Court of Appeal for the Second District ruled that based on Zonen's disclosure of the file, which included confidential information, and service as consultant to the film, he should be recused from further involvementin prosecuting Hollywood.[1]

its a wild story, those kids seriously lacked common sense or was detached from reality, probally a bit of both. anyways look forward to the movie.

i gave it 4 stars. i though it was cool and had good actin by the kid that played zack. well i think timberlake was also good in his part. i aint gonna hate just cause he from a boy band. the actor who played jake, WOW, this dude had to be tweakin hardcore, LOL seriously watch that shit n' tell me different.

id be watchin certain scenes n' think to myself.. what was nick( the kid who zack was based on) thinkin in real life 6-7 years ago. what was he thinkin on his way "home" really on his way to being murdered, n' all that shit. well anyways i think it was a good movie 4 stars, over n' out, holla.

RIP Nicholas Markowitz

dshock said:
justin timberlake ?
LMAO!

After seeing a preview I thought it looked like an MTV original, but, wow, I had no idea.

I seriously doubt I'll ever be watching this movie. :D Hilarious...yet sad.

the previews and the real story have my very interested. BUT i don't think i can take it seriously w/ justin timberlake playing a badass w/ all those horrible fake tattoos.

i don't know whether or not i'll bother to go to the theaters for this one, but i'll definitely catch it when it comes on tv.

interestin, everyone in this thread said somethin bout timberlake n' nothin good, LOL, as u can see i myself said i wish he wasnt in the film.. before i saw it.

timberlake just plays a regular white guy, that happens to have some tattoos. after watchin it, i will say i dont mind him being cast in the movie one bit. some scenes i thought his actin was really well n' believable, especially the scenes with anton(zack)

anyways i guess in my case this was a perfect example of "cant judge a book by its cover"

one more thing... when i heard about the actual kidnappin murder n' read about, saw it on the news, etc, id think that these guys all went along with the plan to carry out the murder with no conflicts amognst each other. watchin the movie i got the feelin the director was tryna to get the point across that not everyone in the group wanted to go along with this n' maybe DID ACTUALLY try n' stop it (cant stop a guy with a machine gun tho when he is dead set on doing somethin :( ), what led up to this.
NSFW:
how i read the killer/shooter was the "bitch" of the group, people always cracked jokes on him n' made him do shit, but was loyal to the "alpha dog" so when he was asked to carry out this murder, he didnt hesitate n' got off on the power trip n' wasnt gonna let anyone else involved stop him from killing the kid.
alot psychological shit

ok, LOL last thing ill say. ben foster gave the best preformance as a crazy cracked out tweaker. believe thats reason enuff to see it!

A couple of my buds and their gf's went last night and they both said the movie sucked real bad, one of the girls said it was alright didn't talk to the other about it.

Movie "Alpha Dog" breaks world record

Most assgasms given to me by a movie.

EDIT: didn't see the other thread - mods, feel free to merge.

Last edited:
they over did it like always pushing the story to further extents

Just saw this movie and I liked it quite a bit. Easily reminded me quite a lot of the late 90's, just the kind of people and shit that was going down. (not the kidnapping) JT did a surprisingly good job along with most of the rest of them too. A little overdramatized near the end but over all a pretty damn good flick. 4 out of 5 stars.

sounds like make-out-with-possibility-of-discreet-sex material

i looked over this film in the video store so many times because justin timberlake was in it. finally i rented it because there was literally nothing else.

imo it was an incredible story as i had never heard of the actual events. so it was intriguing to watch it play out until the end when everything gets really fucked up. which actually disturbed me enough to do additional research on the actual events.

my synopsis is of course it was definitely dramatized especially Emile Hirsch's character Johnny Truelove aka Jesse James. his performance was great as an actor but he played a way too intelligent character than the actual Jesse was. if you search 'Jesse James Hollywood' on youtube there is actual video of him talking and as you'll see he's a complete fucking idiot and deserves life in prison.

Justin Timberlake is so hot!
I can't believe that he could be bad in anything he does!

Ooooh JT! I wanted to check out his acting skills. The role wasn't that difficult so he did alright. he is still sweet to look at with his shirt off. My husband was the one who wanted to see the movie. I think it was for JT candy. Homo ;) Beyond that, I did enjoy the movie.

we just watched it today. i recognized the story as it went on....seriously just pisses you off. frustrating to watch. i am glad they found that asshole, and hope he dies in the chair very soon.

the film itself was pretty good, except for the end, i thought the interview with the mom was pretty awful. iit was cheesy, bad acting and bad makeup