• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl mylan-matrix patches, i really do not understand the negative hype on them

t6apb

Bluelighter
i have been using them for the past couple months roughly half a patch a week.

my ROA is buccal, by sticking the sticky side to my inner cheek and leaving it there without swallowing for roughly an hour then take it out.

i get the 100mcg per hour patch, total of 16.8mgs. i cut the patch into 8 equal strips.

ive seen alot of people on here saying this route is a waste and even that any effect is a placebo! this is madness as i have definitly been getting nicely high with this route everytime to the point of nodding, itching, euphoria and general feeling of well being.

i understand yes to the opiate naive i wouldnt reccomend (maybe smaller doses, my housemate is opiate naive and he takes tiny strips and has a good time)

i just want to clear this up with my own experiences that fentanyl is not as dangerous as people make out, as long as you are careful and not stupid by sticking the entire patch in your mouth and falling asleep...

i even mix with benzos (albeit small doses) but i am very tolerant to benzos.

im in no way dick sizing here with my use but just sharing my experience with fentanyl and proving to the people that say buccal should have no effect.

Ppl make out that Fent is a dangerous drug because it IS!

Please don't anyone try this method of absorption unless you are extremely familiar with opiates, especially Fentanyl.

Better yet, in the interest of HR,- keep it the f*** outta your mouth.

Rtp

If you are opiate dependent and have a known solution or concentration yes u can safely dose fentanyl. The problem lies with illicit fentanyl powders,anologues included, that are cut by street dealers and may have hot spots as they can not mix the powders equally without knowing the molecular weight etc. Or the old school gel patches which were dangerous to abuse especially IV as a small glob of gel could contain little to no fent to a massive possibly life threatening dose of fentanyl. Fentanyl is a dangerous drug, and the city I'm currently living in has seen a large spike in heroin users overdosing due to points of H cut with Fent.

why would anyone cut h with fent? you would need lethal amounts of fent in with the H to match it, a whole patch of the strongest one is 16.8mg which is basically a few sprinkles...

why keep it out of your mouth? if you dose correctly you are fine, if you feel it too strong just take it out, simple.

yeah the gel patches are the dangerous ones but the matrix patches are safe as its evenly distributed, easy to cut into equal doses. i only buy the matrix ones, comes in legit pharmaceutical packaging.

They cut low quality heroin with fentanyl made clandestinely from piperidine which is much easier to obtain apparently recentely. They have tested several batches of heroin when there was a spike in opioid overdoses among IV users, and several were found to contain heroin cut with fentanyl or no heroin with a buff and fentanyl (probably buffed with lactose or some shit.) Lots of people I know have been trying to stick to the more brown dope as they think it is less likely to be cut with Fent then the white h.I don't know if ud even tell as there's such a small amount of Fent in a point,size wise not dosage, that I can't see it changing the colour significantly.The Potency yes.

There are Warnings at my Methadone clinic for anyone using heroin about the Fent tainted points of H and advises people to try am extremely small hit,like a quarter point just to test it if you score from a new dealer or your dealer re ups a new batch.

Im in Toronto at the moment.

And you wouldn't need to match the heroin in weight to have a fatal dose of fentanyl. If u had 100 mgs of what was supposed to be heroin but it had 3 mgs of pure powdered fentanyl in it (an extremely small amount of powder) that could easily be fatal to a first time user or someone who is used to shooting street dope that contains 15-20 % diamorphine.I don't think anyone is cutting it to add weight.if they buy a quarter ounce of pure fentanyl powder, they can heavily cut the H down to very low levels to give it weight then cutting it with a small amount of cheaply obtained fentanyl to bring the potency back up, the user gets a strong opioid hit, is no longer sick,that's all they care about.u could probably crush up a 30 mg hydromorphone and make 3 flaps out of it and sell it as heroin and no one would care so long as they got a good hit.

People stress the dangers of fentanyl as this is a harm reduction site. A drug with the potency 40x that of pure diacetylmorphine should be used cautiously and by heavily opioid dependent people IMO.

Last edited:
Because the adhesive, on all patches i may add, cause your body to overproduce enzymes in attempt to break down the impossible to break adhesive leading to damage on the liver, kidney, or something as the excess enzymes start killing the organ themselves.

I keep reading posts that mention when using Fentanyl via the buccal route they don't swallow while the patch, or section of patch, is in their mouth.

Can anyone tell me why that is? It would seem to me that it will get into your system one way or another once it's in your mouth. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

^^^you don't want to swallow it as fentanyl is barely active orally. When you have it in your mouth the goal is to have the Fent absorbed by the buccal mucous membranes and the ones under the tongue as well

I keep reading posts that mention when using Fentanyl via the buccal route they don't swallow while the patch, or section of patch, is in their mouth.

Can anyone tell me why that is? It would seem to me that it will get into your system one way or another once it's in your mouth. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!
For the exact reason I mentioned. I mentioned above about the overproduction of enzymes on attempt to digest the adhesive leading to internal organ damage from the enzymes... Don't know exactly, which, but I know I mentioned in the post right before yours if you cared to read and put 2+2 together.

Ya, I like these also, though I've always wanted a gel one to smoke..But I'm on 8mg subs and got the 12.5mcg per hour ones held in mouth and chewed for like an hour and got a buzz, soo did another one and was acutally kinda high, saved the last one for night time...so yes I like these to. Most people don't cuz you can't really smoke or shoot, although I'm sure there is a way how.

^^^I see people IV non gel patches all the time.Ivew done it. I can personally prepare OxyNeos what in the states is OP Oxycontin for IV injection with household tools (spoon,plates,freezer and an oven) the hardest chemical used is the water used to dissolve the oxycodone.granted its not as good a method from a harm reduction standpoint as somehow extracting relatively pure oxy powder with chemicals. But when people are sick and use IV Dilaudid,morphine or H, and all they can find is OxyNeo 80s they will buy them and prep them for injection as the price for the new oxys has dropped big time as the demand has dropped...my point being when you said you were sure there's a way, that yea most IV users are pretty crafty and usually find a way to get their drugs into a syringe.... Whether it's health friendly is a whole other matter. ( crude injectables made from tablets or patches are usually not very user friendly)