• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Fentanyl is ‘single greatest challenge’ U.S. faces, DHS secretary says

Really? I would have thought it'd be all the mass shootings/school shootings...

Or to LISTEN to actual americans, it's apparently Drag Queens

Obviously not ALL Americans. Like yourself...you seem awesome :)

Wow, the "solutions" proposed for the problem (lets prohibition even harder!) and the comments on that article suck

How about pharmaceutical-grade diamorphine or hydromorphone for people with "opioid use disorder", and a relaxed standard of prescribing when it comes to opioids for chronic pain?

thats kinda what landed us in this situation isn't it? Making a super highly addictive compound so readily available in the first place? Most people I know didn't start with H they started with Oxy then H......
BUT NONE THE LESS, I do agree with you ass th damage is done and the only recourse is to handle the situation at hand which is the majority of opiates out there are RC's and the risk of dying is so great that giving people who are heavy addicts the ability to wean off themselves or with pharmacy assistance is a great answer. But how many junkies go and sell those pills go grab the fent?

The number of people who suffered fatal overdoses from oxycodone at the height of the original opioid epidemic were a fraction of the number dying now from fentanyl. Nobody (or practically nobody) prefers fent to oxycodone or heroin, if they had those on hand. Both have the benefit of a long history with extensive knowledge about their respective properties, both positive and negative. Such a solution ("omg, then people will be allowed to get high! Getting high represents a moral failing! oh noooooo"), while it would result in less lives being lost and would save quite a bit of money if done right, amounts to a symbolic "surrender" for the diseased minds of the prohibitionists, though, so I"m not holding out much hope for that

The number of people who suffered fatal overdoses from oxycodone at the height of the original opioid epidemic were a fraction of the number dying now from fentanyl. Nobody (or practically nobody) prefers fent to oxycodone or heroin, if they had those on hand. Both have the benefit of a long history with extensive knowledge about their respective properties, both positive and negative. Such a solution ("omg, then people will be allowed to get high! Getting high represents a moral failing! oh noooooo"), while it would result in less lives being lost and would save quite a bit of money if done right, amounts to a symbolic "surrender" for the diseased minds of the prohibitionists, though, so I"m not holding out much hope for that
I agree with you brother, were saying the same thing

The statement was from the Department of Homeland security.

So after 9/11 they invaded Iraq. Any sign of them invading Mexico? No?

thats kinda what landed us in this situation isn't it? Making a super highly addictive compound so readily available in the first place? Most people I know didn't start with H they started with Oxy then H......
BUT NONE THE LESS, I do agree with you ass th damage is done and the only recourse is to handle the situation at hand which is the majority of opiates out there are RC's and the risk of dying is so great that giving people who are heavy addicts the ability to wean off themselves or with pharmacy assistance is a great answer. But how many junkies go and sell those pills go grab the fent?
Fentany is not a research chemical.

Fentany is not a research chemical.

Trust me - the list is almost endless and new databases allow anyone to find potent opioids and importantly, find the references and pateents to produce them.

I'm someone who thinks that if opium were legal, the Afghan economy would be better and nobody would end up using this shite.