Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fentanyl in cocaine and methamphetamine

mo27

Greenlighter
Hi everyone

The NSW Ministry of Health has put out drug alerts about fentanyl in ice and coke last Nov/Dec

Why is this happening? Is it a case of contamination like in the USA?

And does anyone think the heroin in Australia will be cut with fentanyl eventually ? Is anyone seeing it yet?

This discussion from 18 months ago is interesting, particularly andyturbo's post

Thanks Aussie bluelighters!

I think it's happening because the drug black market is controlled by completely unscrupulous psychopaths. Quality control isn't really a hallmark of these types. I'm sure it will just get much worse tbh.

As @Vagabond696 says, test everything.
It's because multiple substances are packaged and processed in the same rooms and buildings so you get cross contamination.

Unfortunately, fentanyl is something that you have to be careful of, even at extremely low doses.

What I'm posting below is a search of drugsdata.org for cocaine that has any other substances.

On the first page there is one What sodas cocaine but was obviously misidentified by the dealer because it's basically fentanyl with a trace amount of cocaine.

The other three, two have approximately one part out of whatever amount which is trace, and then one has five parts out of about 120 which seems like cross contamination as well and not intentional.

I have a feeling that sometimes the people that send the samples in may inadvertently contaminate them during handling if they're a poly drug user.

Hi everyone

The NSW Ministry of Health has put out drug alerts about fentanyl in ice and coke last Nov/Dec

Why is this happening? Is it a case of contamination like in the USA?

And does anyone think the heroin in Australia will be cut with fentanyl eventually ? Is anyone seeing it yet?

This discussion from 18 months ago is interesting, particularly andyturbo's post

Thanks Aussie bluelighters!
I told everyone once, and I'll say it one more time. Fentanyl is already firmly in Australia. Heroin used to come up on coke tests in 2012, slowly it's changed to fent.

Walk around Melbourne parks late at night (with pepper spray at bare min, yes it's illegal but I'd prefer to avoid an issue where I could bash someone to death or I get got) users are already turning into what you can find on YT in South Kensington.

Melbourne is in for a fucking plague.

Watch this space.

And I will say again that acquiring substances always brings dangers and I just assume there to be fent or one or more of a thousand other substances/ingredients whipped up in there. Our day and age.
years ago i thought of it (fent) as like chemical warfare and know theres a thread on this now but it is certainly a force to deal with and prevalent aplenty. Cant be a business plan (or not a decent one, anyway) when you do not have return customers eventually....
Lets try to think safe today, yeah?
May BL save a life today.
:group hug:

ed:
from what i understand even pharmacies cannot be trusted to dispense the proper meds (think it was news in the background recently and it gave me a chuckle - not cause of any perilous outcomes just in that "told ya" type of look.... Cant trust nothing these days; maybe it the tech of it idk.

When I use the safe injecting rooms in Melbourne I try too talk to the staff about. Inown fentanyl reports they just shrug....

I also suggest they really need to start testing people's used rigs every week that have been thrown out like they have once in the past. The government is too busy arguing with them self about a new injecting room in the CBD. Where it's not fucking needed i don't see a high volume of users in the city, mentally unwell and homeless sure, teenagers trying to sell me weed sure... Sorry flown off topic

I've never understood the logic in putting fentanyl in coke or meth. Heroin? Sure-- it's unscrupulous but it makes sense.
Fent in stims? Ridiculous! Nobody doing coke or meth is wanting to nod out, nor would they enjoy it. Extremely stupid from a business perspective.
I suspect that any fent appearing in coke or meth is a result of sloppy dealing techniques.

When I use the safe injecting rooms in Melbourne I try too talk to the staff about. Inown fentanyl reports they just shrug....

I also suggest they really need to start testing people's used rigs every week that have been thrown out like they have once in the past. The government is too busy arguing with them self about a new injecting room in the CBD. Where it's not fucking needed i don't see a high volume of users in the city, mentally unwell and homeless sure, teenagers trying to sell me weed sure... Sorry flown off topic
you have obviously only scratched the surface with what you have seen that is going on in the Melbourne cbd. I've been living in the Melbourne cbd for over 3 years and i am also a person who injects drugs as well as does outreach work in the Melbourne CBD. we need drug consumption rooms there a long time ago and its only been getting worse.

I think it's happening because the drug black market is controlled by completely unscrupulous psychopaths. Quality control isn't really a hallmark of these types. I'm sure it will just get much worse tbh.

I'm basically just making this up, but I think the mob likes both fent and meth because they're easy to *smuggle*.

Basically if you're a baller, you don't want to be balling on like the Phillipines market or the Mexico market. You want to be dealing in the USA. Maybe London, but for all intents and purposes USA is the only market that matters.

So America then. Generally in America it's easy for mob to figure out where the domestic labs are. And with meth and fent? Basically there are no domestic labs. Fent is actually so dense my understanding is that a gangster can physically mail a bag of fent to his distributor stateside. You don't need a boat, you don't need a truck. You need Fedex.

What I heard is that about ten years ago, the (West Coast) mob just went around shooting up (redneck) meth labs. No warnings. No driving up with the lads to have a quick chat about allegiance. Just a drive by.

What I'm convinced, based upon nothing more than instinct, is that most of the mobs have spotters that wander around parties checking out what everybody is using. If a new supply appears, they find out about it quicker than you'd think. Much quicker than the police.

The labs are the new chokepoint. The mob likes it because it eliminates any number of headaches for them.

You want to be dealing in the USA
Yeppers....
You don't need a boat, you don't need a truck. You need Fedex.
And again.... Most all of the popular substances are already here (merica) and imo/e are here to stay.
Viva FedEx :cool:
Just picturing in mind's eye the warehouses. Think I know where one is at. lol

I'm basically just making this up, but I think the mob likes both fent and meth because they're easy to *smuggle*.

Basically if you're a baller, you don't want to be balling on like the Phillipines market or the Mexico market. You want to be dealing in the USA. Maybe London, but for all intents and purposes USA is the only market that matters.

So America then. Generally in America it's easy for mob to figure out where the domestic labs are. And with meth and fent? Basically there are no domestic labs. Fent is actually so dense my understanding is that a gangster can physically mail a bag of fent to his distributor stateside. You don't need a boat, you don't need a truck. You need Fedex.

What I heard is that about ten years ago, the (West Coast) mob just went around shooting up (redneck) meth labs. No warnings. No driving up with the lads to have a quick chat about allegiance. Just a drive by.

What I'm convinced, based upon nothing more than instinct, is that most of the mobs have spotters that wander around parties checking out what everybody is using. If a new supply appears, they find out about it quicker than you'd think. Much quicker than the police.

The labs are the new chokepoint. The mob likes it because it eliminates any number of headaches for them.

Good theory, but you haven't gone deep enough down the rabbit hole. Gangs and your low level drug dealers are losing a LOT of business from people dying of accidental overdoses. This is a small factor in a much larger and more sinister agenda...

Good point with sinister agenda..I mean yes easier to smuggle powder than a pounds of buds(for example) BUT the shit doesn't make sense from a business perspective...chemical warfare I'm leaning towards but possibly by accident? What I mean is this may have started out as great $$$ making opportunities and easier to transport and hella addictive(&deadly) but has got to the point of no return and is now getting sloppy into coke or meth?
I remember when ppl were worried about their weed being laced.

Shit the only plausible way to solve this is LET PEOPLE BE FREE TO DO WHAT THEY NEED and grow what they need. Manufacture what you need? Possibly. Especially if you can't trust your local pharmacies..

I'm really surprised they don't test it. They've already got the residue there, just order a box of testing strips online, you can get them from DanceSafe in the States and they'll ship for free too, and test a random bunch of used spoons/used fits every day to make sure fentanyl isn't showing up in the supply, not a lot of extra work and they keep it on the downlow if they're worried about the government not approving drug checking.

For what its worth tho I think if fentanyl was being regularly cut into the heroin supply here we would see a massive increase in overdose rates. We get some of the highest purity from the Golden Triangle and pay a fuckton for it, fentanyl seems mostly a problem in the States and Canada cos the cartels dominate their supply, I feel if fentanyl showed up here it would be thru cocaine and anything else that's produced and distributed from South America or some dickhead ordering it online and cutting it into their product to increase their profits

I spoke with a common poor street dealer once. He told me that there is no point to sell quality...There is always someone who will come and buy...not from me you will go to another who got same bad shit and probably come back anyway... it's a circle where we all suffer. Legalisation under strict control....is the only way....

Last edited:
I've never understood the logic in putting fentanyl in coke or meth. Heroin? Sure-- it's unscrupulous but it makes sense.
Fent in stims? Ridiculous! Nobody doing coke or meth is wanting to nod out, nor would they enjoy it. Extremely stupid from a business perspective.
I suspect that any fent appearing in coke or meth is a result of sloppy dealing techniques.

It's because of cross contamination as the cocaine/meth is manufactured and proceed in the same equipment and labs that fentanyl is manufactured and they packaged up in the same rooms/areas. All of which leads to cross contamination and that's the reason we see it happening

It's the Mexican Cartels that manufacture and traffic large amounts of the fentanyl in the US