• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Fellow religionists. The non-affiliated and secular people mean our religions no harm

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter

Fellow religionists. The non-affiliated and secular people meanour religions no harm. Why do you choose to kill them?

Sometimes we religious people bring needless oppression tothe non-affiliated and secular people. We religionists often think we should useforce to impose our ideology unto others who think differently. Some call theseInquisitions and Jihad. In my case, I use the force of argument and nothingelse.

The non-affiliated and secular people do not hate usreligious people. They just see us as idol worshipers with good minds that wehave allowed to be compromised by faith and delusional supernatural thinking.

Knowing that non-affiliated people only feel pity for usreligious people, --- and more importantly, --- mean us no harm, --- why do youchoose to kill non-affiliated and secular people?

You and I have no just cause. If you think you do, pleasearticulate it.

I do not expect many replies from my fellow religionists tothis question so let me end without a question but a plea instead.

Fellow religionists please stop killing the non-affiliatedand secular people who only feel pity for the way we religious people think.

Killing those who wish us no harm is rude.

Regards

DL

uh, that is not historically true....

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-denis diderot

are you at all familiar with the history of communism? how about the paris commune?

No, and such is not relevant or a refutation of what I put.

If you are to pick an exception to base anything on, then you should recognize it as an exception.

Regards
DL

not an exception - what exactly is going on in tibet right now? the chinese communist party, which denounces religion in all forms, is systematically erasing tibetan buddhism. although the chinese constitution has some protection for religions, in order to be a member of the communist party, you must have no religious affiliation.

The USSR anti-religious campaign of 1928–1941 was a new phase of anti-religious persecution in the Soviet Union following the anti-religious campaign of 1921–1928. The campaign began in 1929, with the drafting of new legislation that severely prohibited religious activities and called for a heightened attack on religion in order to further disseminate atheism. This had been preceded in 1928 at the fifteenth party congress, where Joseph Stalin criticized the party for failure to produce more active and persuasive anti-religious propaganda. This new phase coincided with the beginning of the forced mass collectivization of agriculture and the nationalization of the few remaining private enterprises.

Many of those who had been arrested in the 1920s would continue to remain in prison throughout the 1930s and beyond.

The main target of the anti-religious campaign in the 1920s and 1930s was the Russian Orthodox Church, which had the largest number of faithful. Nearly all of its clergy, and many of its believers, were shot or sent to labour camps. Theological schools were closed, and church publications were prohibited.[1] More than 85,000 Orthodox priests were shot in 1937 alone.[2] Only a twelfth of the Russian Orthodox Church's priests were left functioning in their parishes by 1941.[3]

In the period between 1927 and 1940, the number of Orthodox Churches in the Russian Republic fell from 29,584 to less than 500.

how the khmer rouge treated religions:

One estimate is that out of 40,000 to 60,000 monks, only between 800 and 1,000 survived to carry on their religion. We do know that of 2,680 monks in eight monasteries, a mere seventy were alive as of 1979. As for the Buddhist temples that populated the landscape of Cambodia, the Khmer Rouge destroyed 95 percent of them, and turned the remaining few into warehouses or allocated them for some other degrading use. Amazingly, in the very short span of a year or so, the small gang of Khmer Rouge wiped out the center of Cambodian culture, its spiritual incarnation, its institutions. ... As part of a planned genocide campaign, the Khmer Rouge sought out and killed other minorities, such as the Moslem Cham. In the district of Kompong Xiem, for example, they demolished five Cham hamlets and reportedly massacred 20,000 that lived there; in the district of Koong Neas only four Cham apparently survived out of some 20,000

the paris commune

From the beginning, the Commune had a tense relationship with the Catholic Church. On 2 April, soon after the Commune was established, it voted a decree accusing the Catholic Church of "complicity in the crimes of the monarchy." The decree declared the separation of church and state, confiscated the state funds allotted to the Church, seized the property of religious congregations, and ordered that Catholic schools cease religious education and become secular. Over the next seven weeks, some two hundred priests, nuns and monks were arrested, and twenty-six churches were closed to the public. At the urging of the more radical newspapers, National Guard units searched the basements of churches, looking for evidence of alleged sadism and criminal practices. More extreme elements of the National Guard carried out mock religious processions and parodies of religious services. Early in May, some of the political clubs began to demand the immediate execution of Archbishop Darboy and the other priests in the prison. The Archbishop and a number of priests were executed during Bloody Week, in retaliation for the execution of Commune soldiers by the regular army

Moral of the story? Humans use arbitrary groupings to commit atrocities against each other. It's happened all throughout history and will likely continue as long as we exist, though I hope that we can move past it eventually.

Moral of the story? Humans use arbitrary groupings to commit atrocities against each other. It's happened all throughout history and will likely continue as long as we exist, though I hope that we can move past it eventually.

It will when we all see ourselves as a part of one human tribe and not just a part of a small tribe within the larger one.

We all have many differences but all share the same humanity.

Regards
DL