• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Fell for a recovering heroin addict TWICE in a row.

OP it sounds like you may be just kind of infatuated with the whole heroin lifestyle. If you have mused taking it, if you've met a couple gals who are into dope and they have interested you.

I would say, and I am a recovering heroin addict myself, that if there was to be a sweeping generalization, that drug addicts tend to NOT be needy, and try to take the world upon their shoulders, therefore becoming addicted to a substance that helps them cope.

Other factors: you said you were in Washington. There's a lot of dope there. Pure odds.

I know plenty of people who have the "bad girl" syndrome and are into chicks who sort of live on the edge and are attracted to the dark side of life.

Either way, I would not eat from the Tree of Knowledge when it comes to heroin.

OP it sounds like you may be just kind of infatuated with the whole heroin lifestyle. If you have mused taking it, if you've met a couple gals who are into dope and they have interested you.

Yup. I love living viraciously through the heroin life. I have a dude friend who is huge into opiates, not heroin, but everything in the same family.

Other factors: you said you were in Washington. There's a lot of dope there. Pure odds.

Second girl was in WA. First girl was from my home state.

Yup. I love living viraciously through the heroin life. I have a dude friend who is huge into opiates, not heroin, but everything in the same family.

Second girl was in WA. First girl was from my home state.

It's "voraciously" :)

i think he means vicariously actually %)

seriously, heroin IS NOT the answer. i think i can say that heroin only causes misery without too much controversy.

OP you are talking to women at a kind of vulnerable stage in their life.

After coming off opiates I am willing to lower my standards just to get off a few times and one time got trapped into a relationship I really did not want to be in.

I am a man, but everyone is horny after coming off of opiates. When you get off a drug like that your sex drive which has been dormant for years for the most part is in overdrive not to mention the change from being emotionally numb to being overcome with emotions.

So getting involved with someone with problems habitually is a problem for you. It probably is not going to lead to the type of relationship you want. Also if you catch heavy feelings and the girl starts using are you going to use with her or throw an AA guilt trip at her? It is just a stupid thing to get involved with.

Let me put it this way, I am an addict and I don't like to deal with other addicts emotional bullshit and try to avoid other addicts for the most part. You got to be as cold blooded, emotionally numb, and make the best of everything to be someone I want to be around on a regular basis. As a result of my drug use I don't have much and not just financially so I try to enjoy shit most people take for granted and it pisses me off when some people spend all their time bitching about what they can't have at that time, sometimes you have to wait, even for drugs.

But people never count their blessings and well you ain't counting the blessing that you ain't an opiate addict and well getting involved with one is not a good idea unless they have done some recovery footwork. At AA/NA they advise against jumping into relationships but I just play it the way I usually do and try to avoid catching feelings early on, its just easier that way.

I don't see the point in giving a fuck about a relationship that is only a week or two old unless it is with a woman I was already close to but in that case we already had a relationship, it just evolved. If I just met a woman and get involved with her, well I am gonna be weary at first and if she is the type to say "I love you" fast I will probably be lying when I respond. There are exceptions where I have met a woman and got feelings way to fast and things worked out well and dated for a while.

But damn dude, this is like masochistic dating behavior in my opinion. Why are you putting yourself though this when you could get with a woman that doesn't have baggage. I got baggage and believe me I check it at the door because I know it would make me undateable but most people don't. You are talking damaged goods with most addicts as at least I am fucked up sexually due to having sex for drugs. I am fucked up emotionally and have trouble emphazing with other peoples problems after some of the crazy shit I have had to deal with and some people's problems seem fucking trivial to me.

You like bad girls.

Like some women like bad boys, it's a hard habit to break but you gotta realize that until you change the type of people you date, the relationship will be a clusterfuck every time cause you essentially keep falling for the same girl over and over again. Speaking from experience as an addict who dates other addicts, when I dated a non addict it caused problems every time.

But it was my fault so I'll stick with those who understand my substance abuse issues, as I don't want to drag normal people into that lifestyle and hurt them.

I wouldn't say bad so much as fucked up as in emotionally dead and drug addicted.

I suppose if that is attractive, well I do get laid....

In my experiences, recovering ones usually are, especially if they have no money. They usually ask for smokes and shit to help them recover. Idk. I still don't know why those like me. And that being said, I know it's just two people, however, I rarely get girls, I'm a bit of a lonely loser.

anybody who is in recovery for any reason tends to be needy...not just heroin addicts