• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Fear&Loathing, Natural Born Killers, and 2c-I

piffle yo

Bluelighter
i've seen both of these movies dozens and dozens of times and on a veritable kaleidoscope of substances and had never even come close to seeing the kinds of things i saw on 2c-i. i watched both on two separate occasions with two different people and saw the same incredible shit both times, but no one who was there when we were watching the movies believes me. i get things like "well maybe you were just on drugs LOL!" and other equally asinine comments and i'm yet to talk to anyone else who's watched either movie on 2C-I so i'm here to urge anyone who's experimenting with my new favorite phenethylamine to give it a shot. the "underlying"[i don't really know what else to call them] visuals are laced pretty much throughout f&l but there's 3 or 4 in natural born and those blew me away. i killed a balloon filled with four whippets for the scene in natural born where malory's dancing in her prison cell with weird red patterns everywhere and i felt melted to my seat and those same patterns grew up out of the walls and floors around me. downright one of the coolest things i've seen and felt in my entire life.

also, assuming someone else has seen this weird stuff, any ideas on how in the hell they filmed it? the only way i can imagine it was done was to have someone who was on acid present at the filming and using trial and error until he saw really sweet patterns and shit and that's obviously not feesible at all. i'm really baffled how they did it. i watched all the extra content on the "director's cut" dvd for NBK and the extra stuff on the new edition of f&l that's out and the visuals weren't mentioned anywhere in either.

oh yeah, i wouldn't recomend watching f&l on 2c-i if you've had bad experiences with acid. me and the guy who was with me the second time heard 'lucifer' when depp says "lucy called" really quickly towards the end of the movie and it scared my pal shitless. he got up and left the room and we had to go for a walk after hehehe

I watched some movie while zooming on really good geltabs, i thought that there were bodies in the background, and the whole point of the movie was for these "things" to communicate with me. i was freaking out about it until my friends told me to shut up. and then i did shut up, because it was stupid.

that's the thing tho, i watched some of mulholland drive, brazil, and then just some random stuff on TiVo on 2ci too and the visuals just weren't there. what i saw was definitely planned. in f&l at one point[i think the cop convention scene where they show the "know your dope fiend" movie] there's a great glowing pattern on a wall and someone in a white shirt stands up and walks away and the pattern sticks to his shirt with him while he walks. alot of the stuff is american flag themed in color and general shape too which matches the general attitude and the flags throughout the movie that are visible to sober people too. i really almost wish i was making this up so that everything i watched on 2c-i was that cool, but it wasn't and isn't and it blows my mind that no one else has seen this shit

No way I'd watch NBK on any psychedelic.. maybe it's just me, but watching random people who are minding their own business get targetted and killed for no terribly apparent reason doesn't even appeal to me sober, nevermind on psychedelics..

As for Fear And Loathing, I don't think I could follow that movie on psychs.. it's a trip when you're sober, doesn't really strike me as the kind of movie I'd want to watch under the influence. I think I'd just get confused and lose interest.

I find children's movies VERY entertaining on psychedelics, I pick up TONS of hidden metaphors that I'd normally completely overlook. Ice Age is an awesome example.. it's just one big metaphor for humanity, it's great. I love how the characters are all designed so that you can relate them to people you know with similar personalities. The "short" clips on the bonus portion of the DVD are also really awesome tripping. Each one is like.. awe-inspiringly metaphorical, heh.

Or maybe I was just on drugs!

yeah my point was lost again ;O the movie and story itself were secondary to the visuals in both. you don't really have to follow anything that's going on, just watch the cool shit going on behind everything. glowing american flags, stripes and patterns crawling all over and sticking to people, shapes pushing themselves out of the ground: very cool stuff to see while faded

i havent watched any of these films on a psychadelic...but i love the scene in Natural Born Killas when he shoots the bike rider from his car.

fear & loathing

subliminal sound sequence in fear & loathing ?
Yes there is.
subliminal sound & images in natural born killer?
Probably.
subluminal use in blockbusteres and in tv programs/adds ?
Yess there is.
what do these subliminal stuff tell us to do/think?
Could be interesting to investigate...just to see what they make us do, what they program our brain with.
is subluminal only found as "short image sequences, too short to be percieved by your eyes"?
No, this was 50 years ago, now audio visual technology is much more developped (using computers we can easly program an image to contain another one at the same time so nobody can consciously detect it unless you have high technology material to analyse it)
would subluminal work for true on our spirit, deeply influencing our mind and our thoughts (and this way guiding our behaviour)?
Of course, they would not spend great money (probably millions)
in advenced researchs concerning audio/visual complex technologies (needed to concieve subluminal stuff), neither would they take the risk of using it illegally in medias if it wouldn't well worth it.
does the governement ever used it?
Yess. That's why, 50 years after the devellopement of subluminal, they still don't even mention it, still don't even talk about a law forbiding its use (and yess we are supposed to live in a system respectful of human rights!)

Last edited:
well... this thread is quite coincidental since last night i turned on NBK while tripping on a sufficient ammount of acid. we turned the sound off though and turned on a burnt cd. started the movie with the "shaman" scene aka the scene where mickey shoots the indian. the song that we played first had a NBK sample in it so i figured it would be interesting to try playing the cd with the sound off on the movie... and believe it or not (being a mix cd) it went rather well. not to mention... when it got intense at "drugzone" and they started doin some shooting... "body count" by usual suspects came on... hmmm... could that be planned any better??? :)

wow

piffle yo

i watched fear and loathing last night on 2ci and can not believe what i saw!!! i have watched that move on acid, shrooms, everything and have never seen what i just saw!! thank you. ezwhips shot my experiennce through the roof i cant believe what i just saw..... none of us can. it tripped me out so much i had to register and tell the rest of you.....

if you scared of f&l just shut it off half way through and you'll be fine.... you don't even really see the movie its just crazy visuals that you cant see on anything else.

i recommend watching it with other music....but my friends liked the movie sound.

i do guarantee that you have no idea what 2Ci can do until you watch this movie with it! Im watchin natural born tonite!

I'm certain is something specific with 2C-i that causes this. I too have seen amazing things in films that aren't there normally but are there with 2c-i (on seperate occassions). Very wierd. And they do seem to be in keeping with the film. I'd try watching kill bill vol1 or Spirited Away- n you'll see loads of these things.

I would have to say that neither of those movies would appeal to me on 2c-i, but futurama is freaking awesome. Watching any good anime during 2c-i is extremely enjoyable.