Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favourite Drug based Movie

Which is your favourite drug themed movie?

• Around The Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barfly

• The Basketball Diaries

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Belly

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Blow

Votes: 29 6.3%
  • Candy

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Cheech & Chong ...

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Clockers

• Deep Cover

• Drugstore Cowboy

Votes: 28 6.1%
  • Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Votes: 92 20.1%
  • Go

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Grass

• Half Baked

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • How High

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Human Traffic

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • hurlyburly

• It's All Gone Pete Tong

• Layer Cake

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Leaving Las Vegas

• Less Than Zero

• Little Fish

• Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • The Man with The Golden Arm

• Maria Full of Grace

• Naked Lunch

• New Jack City

• Paid in Full

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Reefer Madness

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Requiem For A Dream

Votes: 54 11.8%
  • Rush

• The Salton Sea

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Scarface

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Sid & Nancy

• Spun

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • Traffic

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Trainspotting

Votes: 75 16.4%
  • True Romance

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Wasted

• ......none of the above.....

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • A Scanner Darkly

• Total voters
^ Except that's awesome

QFT

I personally wish I had bought an acryllic bong. I'm a dumbass and ended up cracking my glass one, cellotaped the bad boy up but still leaks. Kinda have to speed smoke my bowls over a plate now :(

Back in my early days of smoking I turned one of these into a bong:

9551-2.jpg

Ended up being one of the best pieces I ever owned.

Ha my friend has a yard of ale, but seeing as it was a birthday present from his dad and that he doesn't smoke weed regularly I doubt he'll let me turn it into a bong. Where there not leakage issues due to the wide mouth? Or do you just press it up against your face so that it's covering your chin as well. Whatever happened to yours in the end? I noticed you using the past tence there.

Anyway movies? Watched Ted the other day.

^ That is my favourite scene although its a slightly different (better IMO) version to the one in the movie. Strain names a fucking retarded, if only they were funny retarded like those rather than just retarded.

I jury-rigged various lids to fit over the top of he glass to make it more comfortable to smoke from, but it worked fine without them too - you'd just need to stick half your face into it. ;)

Back in my early days of smoking I turned one of these into a bong:
Ended up being one of the best pieces I ever owned.

You're not the only one, friend

Edit: wait a minute! You're not a real friend bangulating my dead gma man, damn brah that hurts deep

Fear and Loathing
Trainspotting
Drugstore Cowboy

Those are not only my three favorite drug movies but three on my favorite movies period.

I got an idea for a thread too: Which movie starts better...Trainspotting or Fear & Loathing? Those opening monologues are fucking magic.

"Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin? "

OR

"Raoul Duke: [narrating] We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like:
Raoul Duke: I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Raoul Duke: [narrating] Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming:
Raoul Duke: Holy Jesus. What are these goddamn animals?
[swatting the air]
Raoul Duke: Huh! Huh! Huh! Fucking pigs.
Dr. Gonzo: Did you say something?
Raoul Duke: Hm? Never mind. It's your turn to drive.
Raoul Duke: [narrating] No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

I would pick Trainspotting but it's close.

Also, i'm really looking forward too "Side Effects".

"Emily and Martin are a successful New York couple whose world unravels when a new drug prescribed by Emily's psychiatrist - intended to treat anxiety - has unexpected side effects."

Sounds like a better version of Limitless. Also, I wonder when the first movie about the research chemical scene will be made? Hell I would make it if I knew how to make movies, would be an interesting movie for sure :D

Last edited:
You're not the only one, friend

Edit: wait a minute! You're not a real friend bangulating my dead gma man, damn brah that hurts deep

Haha, I forgot why I did that. I was probably drunk.

Your grandma is/was a beautiful lady and I enjoyed every second of our time together. If you feel the need for revenge, both of my grandmothers are still alive and probably DTF.

I'm one of those guys that loves terrible B grade movies . . . so anything from the 80's about bad guy drug dealers, I love!

oh its close between Fear and Loathing and Trainspotting for me! I think Trainspotting just clinches it for me though :) Blow was very good aswell though, particularly Johnny Depps performance. I watched requim for a dream but in all honest just found it incredibly depressing. Spun is alright but I found the strange cut scenes which happened every time he railed a line hard to deal with after awhile. Also in terms of meth films, everything just got blown out of the water by Breaking Bad for me.

to be fair there arent really alot of meth films
what is there

spun
the salton sea
and thats all i can think of

I'm one of those guys that loves terrible B grade movies . . . so anything from the 80's about bad guy drug dealers, I love!

i just watched a really good, really 'bad' movie called 'disco godfather'(1979) starring rudy ray moore(think of a Samuel l Jackson/Charlie murphy/denzel type guy, just add cheese), it's on netflix

in the movie watch the disco godfather, who of course is a retired cop, try to single handed take down the PCP epidemic in da hood
here are some reviews:
You'd be hard pressed to find a more awesome Blaxploitation film on this site. Seriously, this thing is even better than "Darktown Strutters." The infamous "Disco Godfather" WILL reign supreme -- watch and learn! SEE Rudy Ray Moore (i.e. "Dolomite") kick butt karate style while rocking out in unbelievably tight polyester and velvet jumpsuits, straight up high heels, huge carnation corsages, and shades like something out of an Outkast video. HEAR ridiculously eccentric disco accompanyment, with song lyrics like "Sherm-in-eye-zin - one-way-ticket to hell. Sherm-in-eye-zin - one-way-ticket to hell." FEEL overpowered by the awesomeness of a scene in which the Disco Godfather and his afro sporting sidekick crash a PCP party, erstwhile facing down with a group of liesure-suited pimps and a fu-manchu-sporting, pajama wearing, blaxploitation kung fu speedfreak master. I really can't recommend this movie highly enough; it has everything. You want surrealistic PCP-induced basketball scenes? Sure, it has a couple of those. How about cartoon face morphing while being strangled in slow motion? Yep, check. Roller skating disco music video, with man in straight up BVD underwear twirling a roller-skating afro gal? Yep, this has two scenes like that. I could go on forever. Recommended to all and now a personal favorite.
70's Blaxsploitation, kung-Fu, sword bearing monster ladies, poor sound quality, broiled babies, platfrom shoes, severed limbs, lots of James Brown look alikes, pcp hallucinations, night club massacres, jive talk, slow-motion basketball with guns, bad dancing, bloody noses, gold chins, getting funky & getting down, tight polyester junpsuits, aged and lined analog film, mirror balls, faith/ soul based drug rehab, mustaches, roller skating, anti-drug propaganda, dance tights, a crusade to attack the wack, huge afro hair cuts, scene chewing over-acting, disco squads, package exposing short shorts on a hairy guy, smelly angeldust production, capesbloody bathtub suicide, leisure suits, and street justice. Can you dig?

the best part is that it's rated PG, even though it's easily an R rated movie lol