Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Brazil

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Time Bandits

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Jabberwocky

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm gonna go on a limb here and vote for Baron Munchausen. The Kick-assery of the pimpalicious Baron and the the outrageous characters and situations in this movie definately put it miles above the rest in my book (although they are all damn good and among my favorite movies of all time).

Of course a drug forum would vote for Fear and Loathing, but come on...it wasn't HIS story!

His "trilogy" of dreams (Time Bandits, Brazil, Baron Von Münchhausen) were favorites of mine for many years, with Baron being my personal fav (ah I remember seeing Uma Thurman rise out of that shell as my young awakening hormones bubbled and churned--love!!) but then 12 monkeys came... very well may be one of the best movies ever made.
Of course Fear n Loathing is great if you're stoned and was one of the few movies I've seen that I enjoyed more than the book. But ultimately I'd have to go with 12 Monkeys. Genius is too average a word for mr Gilliam.

Time Bandits. No question.

"I always wondered what an invisible barrier looked like..."

genius film maker

can we get Imaginarium added to film selections please?

Terry Gilliam and visual effects artist Tim Ollive are teaming for "1884" which is described as an $8 million "mixed-media adventure" reports Variety.

The project is described as an espionage story set in an alternate 1884 where the industrial revolution went a lot further and faster along than it has - resulting in a futuristic imperial metropolis beset with steam-powered flying cars and the scientific advancement of mankind.

The story will mix animation, live-action puppetry and CGI while the backgrounds will blend period photography, miniatures and graphics. Ollive will direct while Gilliam will serve as both producer and "creative advisor", and says that the visuals are "not slick and sleek CG work, such as studios in L.A. particularly produce. It looks crafted by an artisan, and the scale and design are spectacular."

Ollive co-wrote the screenplay with Dennis de Groot, while famed Monty Python cast members will provide voices (though which particular names have yet to be revealed).

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18966/gilliam-goes-steampunk-with-1884-

^ Thanks for spreading the good news!

'Live Action Puppetry''...Happiness!!! :D

12 Monkeys for sure. I'm surprised I have seen so many of his films, considering I had no idea who he was until a little while ago.

I didn't like Brazil very much, and I got assraped when I accused the dude of plagiarism (and rightfully so, my bad for not looking into it) for its similarities to 1984. But the movie still doesn't sit right with me for some reason. I guess I'll watch it again to see if I can come up with a more cogent response, or if I like it more the second time around.

But 12 Monkeys is perhaps my favorite post-apocalyptic film. It is bananas.