• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite on screen sociopaths

TouchN' Stuff Blvd

Bluelighter
I tend to enjoy believable portrayals of sociopaths, or characters which kill or use other people in a perfectly cold, emotionless way. Don't get me wrong, It's not a good way to be, but I suppose I am a jealous of the power that I imagine comes from having complete control of your emotions / no having them at all.

Some of my favorite portrayals are No Country for Old Men, the Russian guy in Fargo, and especially Marlo Stanfield from the wire.

Voldemort (Tom Riddle), The Joker(TDK), Anton Chigurh, Dexter Morgan, Kathryn Mertuille

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAwL_Fh54oA
I think that this scene of Tom Riddle (Voldemort) is excellent, and the acting is superb. In this scene, we know that Tom Riddle has used legilimency to read Professor Slughorns mind about Professor Marythort retiring. We also know that he is 16, and killed his uncle already for the ring on his finger (to turn it into a horcrux).
The way his facial expressions betray his vocal facade at times is great.

There are many socio's in film and literature that don't kill, but fulfill their sadistic needs by exploiting people in different ways than that of physical violence. Kathryn Mertuille is a good example.

The thing about The Joker and Voldemort that I like, is that they are in a position of power to where they don't have to hide who they are. Dexter Morgan states something relevant to their situation in season one, now this is roughly quoted but.. "I wish there was no one left to act normal for, no one to hide who I really am."

The cool thing about that Tom Riddle clip, is that we can compare and contrast how Tom was before he liberated himself from having to hide.

Last edited:
Well, the tenant played by Polanski in the same named film (The Tenant - Le Locataire) slowly but surely slips into severe psychosis where he's a total sociopath.

That's true, but I don't think House fits the profile of a sociopath.

Psychosis is where you completely loose touch with reality. Like schizophrenia. Sociopaths are quite sane, and in touch with reality. I'm sure there's cases where psychotic disorders have been co morbid with aspd, but they must be rare, cause I haven't heard of any non fiction ones.

easily
NSFW:
Char_6989.jpg

Really, the key difference between Psychopathy and Sociopathy is that soiciopathy is a result of societal influence, like Travis Bickle (who should've already been on this list - shame on you). Psychopathy is a result of genuine psychological malfunction.

armin-müller stahl and vincent cassel in eastern promises. cassel also was pretty entertaining in dobermann. and public enemy no. 1
dries van hegen in ex drummer. this is a rather unknown belgian movie that completely blew me away. i highly recommend that you all watch it.

MV5BMTI5MjIwMDIyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTUwOTY0MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

oh and eric bana in chopper. he was phenomenal in that role

600full-eric-bana.jpg

Last edited: