Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

favorite erowid stories??

its.euphoric

Bluelighter
I seriously love erowid... It really has changed my life for the better. Reading people stories about different drugs and how people have such amazing experiences that to me, just make me so happy.

Like... something that is so looked down upon by society could actually be so much more if people would actually know about the drugs and not just listen to the media. It makes me sad that some people will never know anything about them and will live their whole lives unaware..

Anyways, what's your favorite story. I've read soo many different experiences. My favorite are the ones about mdma and lsd. close behind is the ones on dxm and ketamine.

But my favorite is this one on nitrous.. here it is if you want to read it: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=36803

I like reading experiences that you learn something from... or that changed a persons life for the better. I like to see different ways of how people's lives were changed by drugs. Like the one I posted... I love it because it changed how I thought about nitrous and how far one can go with something thought to have little value. Plus it just was really amazing how he just made a summary of how great nitrous was and... I just love how he wrote it and made kind of a "moral of the story" which I really love.

So yeah... the crazy trips are kind of interesting, but I feel like I don't really get anything out of them. (unless they show how it changed them or whatever)

Which is the main reason I read on erowid because I feel like I'm learning new and more ways of how one can better their lives.
But yeah, just post your favorite erowid experiences and tell what section it's in and if you want, something you thought about it.

Last edited:
Just read "Restitution", and my jaw is on the floor...bizzare.

iv always found the datura and other hardcore deleriant trip reports amusing

iv always found the datura and other hardcore deleriant trip reports amusing

Yeah Datura trips are fun to read. I find it fascinating how people on Datura see old friends who aren't there and talk to them for hours on end. Or straight up talking to plants (its as if they can really talk to you). And the whole time, Datura-users don't even realize they are tripping.

It's too bad it has so many negative physical side-effect and you can't even remotely control yourself. I would actually try it if not for the dangerous side effects and I could at least control myself to the point where I could make sure that I stayed inside and/or didn't randomly start wandering around.

Yeah, the datura train wrecks are pretty good. Those are probably my favorites. Theres also one about Klonopin where this guy gets all fucked up and starts shooting at signs while driving...it's pretty funny.

If my memory serves me, a distressing amount of the butane and duster reports end with people driving off the road and crashing into things. It seemed like 20% of em.

But my all time favorite was of a career gasoline huffer. He kept getting closer to his breakthrough experience, and at 14 years of age, after about a year of huffing, his world split apart and he fell down in the woods behind his house and a saw a giant Blue Dog's Head with Crossbones descend from the sky and burst around him.

After seeing the Dog and Crossbones he didn't huff gasoline anymore. It had some sort of spiritual, life changing meaning and he was simply finished with gas.

Thanks for making this thread. I think the trip report is one of the most intrinsically vital literary genres. I just wish more professional writers wrote in it.

It's cool that people are playing with structure (see 77k's dialogue or the scientific method outline of "I Did it For Science," both linked to above).

Regarding datura, diphenhydramine, and friends: I always read the last few paragraphs of deliriant reports to make sure no one dies or gets murdered at the end first. That way I don't feel so bad laughing as I read.

egor: I think your report really underscores salvia's status as a true psychedelic rather than as a deliriant. It's highly sensitive to context and the trips can sometimes maintain coherence despite their complexity. Once when I was a teenager and feeling depressed, I tried smoking some to escape my sadness. I assumed I would travel to some radically altered mindscape where notions of sadness were incomprehensible, and that I'd come back laughing. That's what happened every time before it and every time since, anyways. But it just compounded the depression heinously--no visions or unfamiliar thoughts at all! It was very strange to experience a drug that is usually so reliably bizarre transformed into something so seemingly simple as an emotional amplifier.

I'm not sure this is my favorite, but it's a really fun and fascinating one about a guy who stays up for 10 days on meth trying to achieve "psychic overdrive". It's also among the highest-rated reports in the vault.

The Ritual of the Rising Sun excerpt:
And then it all seemed to somehow come to fruition; to a seemingly logical conclusion or consummation. As I had abandoned my earlier activities and sat there silently watching out through the bush at the abandoned highway below, a huge flatbed semi truck pulled up and rolled up to a dead stop on the freeway. Soldiers came down from the surrounding forresty slopes and began piling up on the flat bed of the truck. I simply cannot adequately describe the associated headspace here but it all seemed perfectly 'normal' to me that there were so many soldiers there in the first place, that they were reverently and expectantly awaiting some seemingly transmundane event in the second place and lastly that so many of them piled onto the bed of the semi to form a huge pyramid of people, somewhat like cheerleaders albeit on a much larger scale for the pyramid was at least nine rows of people high.

And there they all stood so silently and reverently facing due east, of all things. I don't know why but I wept over the austere holiness of it all back then and I weep even now just recalling and transcribing it. It all became so crystal clear to me just then - this was the Ritual of the Rising Sun and they all remained there, in the bushes surrounding me and in that huge pyramid structure on the flatbed of the truck until dawn finally arose and the first rays of the sun flashed upon the pyramid of people ... and it was at that precise moment that they all let out a big, unified cheer of unimaginable joy and exaltation and the ceremony was then complete.

Last edited: