• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Favorite designs for interior/home/furniture/workspace?

Amin-Design-1.jpg

vienna1.jpg

cat-sofa-v_0.img_assist_custom.jpg

squaring_low_lg.jpg

lomme%20bed%20.preview.jpg

gah! this thread is awesome! i cant believe i havent seen this before.

maria, i love most of the stuff you have posted. :) modern design is awesome.

the 'floating' house in LA is the Stahl House, designed by Pierre Koenig. i think i would kill to live in a house like that!

Hariri and Hariri:

rj2qvd.jpg

Oppenheim Architecture:

a32ljr.jpg

Arthur Erickson:

209259d.jpg

13ymixj.jpg

Takao Shiotsuka Atelier:

10zr22r.jpg

ill post more later. hope you enjoy. :)

Love all these houses! And yessss, I would lurve a sleepover with TG and MC... even if it were in a crappy trailer. ;)

^^Glad you like it luv =D

JV...that Hariri and Takao Shiotsuka Atelier is to die for !

Amy...I'd love to have a sleepover in a trailer <3

The Spiegel Publishing House in Hamburg was a treasure-trove of magnificent 'modular' interiors when it was renovated in 1969. I strongly believe that looking back at past triumphs can assist in better 'modern' design.

..Panton designed the entrance area with courtyard and lobby, the canteen and the bar areas, the swimming pool for the employees in the basement of the building, the rooms for the editorial conferences and the lounges, as well as the colour schemes for the hallways of the administration or editorial highrise buildings.
Here again the colour schemes became a major design element, providing Panton’s typical fusion of room design.
All designs were his own – lamps, textiles and wall claddings, only the furniture had to be ordered from Knoll International according to his contracts.
The specially designed mirror lighting used on walls and ceilings was of major importance. While the swimming pool area was destroyed soon afterwards by a fire and the entry and lobby saw major redesign in the 90s, the canteen has so far remained in the original version and today represents a unique and valuable historic document.

Vitra-192.jpg

This is the canteen. So retro. So cool. The repetition of the circle is mind-blowing but a little busy. I generally really love orange in interiors, it's such a cheery colour, but this kind of swamps you.

VP-17-H805-D.jpg

VP-18-H805-D.jpg

This is a waiting area. I marvel at the ceiling and lights every time I look at it. How could you not feel calm when in this space?

2276.jpg

The swimming pool awash with reds and blues creates a sumptuous atmosphere.

015.jpg

This wall covering is beautiful and so fluid with the repetition of fluid lines and curvature. Amazingly it 'goes' with the shell drop lights that have been used.

Everything is just so moody in this place! I love it. :D

^I like orange/oxblood red interiors too, but I dont think I'd be able to relax in em! =D (colors affect me a LOT I am very sensitive to them)...but that lovely green waiting area is divine...I adore that color so much! And the atmosphere is so kitschy 70s (to me of course) and I just love it....

Some interesting stuff I've come across...

(a tad uncomfy though!) a pillow would be nice
fishbol.jpg

Very nice....so Japanese !
3dff2b38f85b21d39bf8a750c181e7bc21859928_m.jpg

Bed with a moat (lol!~ Imagine being drunk and having to go to the bathroom....)
bedmoat.jpg

Floating magnet bed
floatingmagnetbed.jpg

Accent table
bookshelftable.jpg

Bedtime reading
readingbedsheets01.jpg

readingbedsheets02.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Hrm, these images aren't coming up for me..

Bed with a moat (lol!~ Imagine being drunk and having to go to the bathroom....)
Floating magnet bed
Accent table
Bedtime reading

I am designing a piece of *fantasy furniture* at school at the moment. I have a fantastically wonderful and whimsical idea on the boil, inspired by a piece posted in this thread.. I'll be sure to report back with the technical drafting and some images of my plans! :D

i think this is my favorite thread in all of bluelight =D =D =D

i feel all giddy and like WOAH YESS =D i love design like that.
makes me want to eat LSD lol

I just finished designing a practical piece of furniture, thought you guys might like to see. Obviously it's not made yet, but you can see exactly what I'm getting at from the technical plan and the isometric drawing.
NSFW:

Elevation drawing for tradesperson:
SofaTable.jpg

Isometric drawing for client:
sofatable-1.jpg

It's my first try, so please don't expect too much from me! But that said, my next task is to make a piece of fantasy furniture so stay tuned to see the results. ;)

^^im looking forward to seeing the final result. i like the design. :) what material are you using to create it?

some furniture i like:

9hklyb.jpg

2zef3gw.jpg

2a9zlf9.jpg

2s6qxom.jpg

4loeo9.jpg

and a college dorm in the netherlands, if i remember correctly:

v4c5u0.jpg

oir5g1.jpg

I really like the interiors of this coffee shop in Korea.
beyond-the-void_01.jpg

beyond-the-void_11.jpg

beyond-the-void_07.jpg

How cute are these whimsical doodled cups?
86796819.jpg

^^ Very cute indeed!!

Hmmmmm why I am all of a sudden craving a freashly brewed coffee...? =D