• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Fascinated with Drug Culture my Whole Life

Dreamflyer

Bluelighter
Did anybody here find themselves obsessed with drugs long before they ever actually did them?

I grew up with an alcoholic father, and it seemed like magic that this tiny glass of liquid could turn him into a completely different person.

By the time I was about 10 years old, I was fascinated by the lives (and deaths) of Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. The same with John Belushi, Sid Vicious, Dylan Thomas, Edgar Allen Poe, Toulouse-Lautrec and all of the other addicts out there.

I couldn't WAIT to get my hands on drugs & alcohol, and I did the first chance that I got. Now 50 years later, I'm fighting to get off of them. I learned years ago that they're not nearly as glamorous as they once sounded, but I was already deeply addicted by then.

I still don't understand why I grew up this way. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
Dreamflyer

when i was in like first or second grade a baby sitter group told me about acid. i'm pretty sure they told me to close my eyes and imagine something, so i did. they asked me if i could imagine whatever. i said "yes" and then they told me that i was going to need drugs to be able to do that when i get older to scare me. kind of a dumb prank. not seeing much faith there, but whateves. lol... i think i had an understanding that a lot of rock musicians were on drugs when i was that age too, so when i heard about acid, i thought it was cool. i liked the idea of seeing stuff from your mind. i remember a story being told about a guy going permanently insane thinking he was a cup of orange juice. people were telling me really stupid stuff. i sometimes wonder if they even gave me acid as some type of gang stalking. i won't talk too much about it cause i very well could be crazy.

i some how forgot about that though and managed to think drugs were bad all through middle school up until high school. at the beggining of high school i started drinking to get drunk and i even understood that marijuana made you slow and talk like a funny hippy. that was just how i saw weed. i never really realized that normal people smoked it. so i never really understood it until i noticed the band piebald had a lyric "hits from the bong." i thought maybe weed would enhance my punk guitar skills and make me more creative, so i got interested "these guys are smoking weed making this stuff. i don't see how it's not good." they didn't sound slow and stupid to me at all. i was in ninth grade by the time i started thinking weed and psychedelics were cool again... i think that's probably good. if some one told me fred durst or billy corgan smoked weed in middle school, i probably would've been thinking about drugs when i didn't really need to be. i probably would've over dosed on over the counter shit even younger and been listed like a "troubled student" or something. probably best i didn't have that drug attatchment with me.

this is the song with "hits from the bong" that i was talking about that i heard as a teen

i listen to it now and think it's kind of funny how awesome i thought this music was.