FAQ: If You Are Questioned by the Police

i find it alot easier just to answer there questions even if you aren't guilty of anything. Because the cops around here usually think that you are up to something if you keep walking away. and if we are usually hanging out in a parkin' lot and one pulls in it and if a few cars leave that we sittin' by us they will generally stop one of them cause it made him look suspusicious...so i do everything i can not to look guilty of anything (whether i am or not)

Searching cars
The police can search your car at any time, even if you are not in it, if they believe you are carrying:
illegal drugs,
stolen goods,
firearms,
offensive weapons including knives, imitation guns, martial arts weapons such as knuckle-dusters and nunchakus.
The police must tell you the reason for their search.

in louisiana your car is an extension of your home...so if you the cops want to search your house you have 2 choices.
1. let him search it
2. make him get a search warrant

and if your glove compartment locks they can't search there either unless they have a warrant...trunk also

i find it alot easier just to answer there questions even if you aren't guilty of anything.

While this may be your personal view, please do not post it here as something that is the best way to go. As we've covered over and over in this forum, DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE .

I can certainly appreciate the theory that being nice to an officer and not giving him a reason to get pissed off and search you even more or go to greater lengths to harass you, the bottom line is you may inadvertently open the door to a valid search or admit to something to which you hold no responsiblity.

When in doubt, keep your mouth shut.

I remember reading something on Erowid that said something about having to tell them your age, name, and address. I would prefer not to say anything at all, so is it really neccessary to tell them that, or is it just recomended by some?