• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Failed cold turkey project and back to beeing an addict

Totally understand. Cold turkey almost never works unless it's done safely (opioid withdrawal USUALLY isn't dangerous but you CAN become dangerously dehydrated and seizures and kidney failure have happened in some people) with medications to help. Even if you don't want any other opioids like Methadone or Buprenorphine, just a benzo like Valium or Xanax paired with Clonidine can really help. They'll sometimes give you a low dose of Seroquel for sleep (or Ambien if you get really lucky).
I just can't cold turkey alone at home because the withdrawals are so horrendous.
I actually did cold turkey off Methadone (60mg) 5 years ago. I was relatively fine for 10 days (just a little sweaty and I'd randomly half to jerk off like every 20mins for a while lol) and then I was suddenly very dramatically ill and the acute withdrawal lasted for TEN WEEKS. I think the only way I managed that was the fact that I was also an alcohol and kept drinking throughout that time and it helped in the same way benzo's would.

Pregabalin helps alot i always used it to help opiod WD before, intil i became addicted to it aswell and got it from my doctor for 6 years, ended up in a mixed lyrica, benzo and buprenorphine addiction. The most constipated years of my life 🤣🤣 So iam carefull with the Pregs now but recently bought 7 300mgs to help me true withdrawal, but what happened is the pregabalin hit me so hard after so many years without it and made me feeling so extremely heavy in my body and mind, almost passing out everytime i got up from the sofa i couldnt stand it and ended up in a relapse to escape the pregabalin daze i was feeling trapped in. The H and preg mix though mmm that was a good feeling. I realize i just dosed to high so i have 1 300mg cap saved up for later that i can just open and divide into 2 doses. 300 is ok but when i redosed 300 the day after iss when it became to much for me. That shits heavy, i cant understand how i was on 600++ mgs for several years. Anyways yes its amazing for withdrawal and slows the belly too, not always taking away the tingling in the feets tough, but just gotta get up and walk it off. 😁
I found pregabs to be great for anxiety from wd and you slept did hardly anything for the stiff back and legs. I would get the wd sneezes so i knew i was withdrawing but such an easy wd the first few times like you i swapped heroin addiction for pregabs . A really mental wd I would feel like I'm not me I'm not quite in my body but good thing after 6 to 7 days the fog just lifts no more withdrawals. Don't know if phenibut would help in pregablin wd

Pregabalin helps alot i always used it to help opiod WD before, intil i became addicted to it aswell and got it from my doctor for 6 years, ended up in a mixed lyrica, benzo and buprenorphine addiction. The most constipated years of my life 🤣🤣 So iam carefull with the Pregs now but recently bought 7 300mgs to help me true withdrawal, but what happened is the pregabalin hit me so hard after so many years without it and made me feeling so extremely heavy in my body and mind, almost passing out everytime i got up from the sofa i couldnt stand it and ended up in a relapse to escape the pregabalin daze i was feeling trapped in. The H and preg mix though mmm that was a good feeling. I realize i just dosed to high so i have 1 300mg cap saved up for later that i can just open and divide into 2 doses. 300 is ok but when i redosed 300 the day after iss when it became to much for me. That shits heavy, i cant understand how i was on 600++ mgs for several years. Anyways yes its amazing for withdrawal and slows the belly too, not always taking away the tingling in the feets tough, but just gotta get up and walk it off. 😁
Damn man! I get constipated after 10mg+ of valium, I'm a lightweight lol.

You make some good points there. However personally, Antabuse (disulfuram) is the one anti-drinking medication that actually works for me, and I have tried them all. I don't even take Antabuse every day any more, I take HALF a tablet once a WEEK, and that provides the one last barrier for me between thinking about drinking, having a craving, and then actually drinking. Just knowing that I cannot drink because I will be sick and feel like utter shit because of the Antabuse actually stops my cravings altogether. For me it has a strong psychological effect.
That sound's like a better option then i thought. 1 tablet a week is very doable.

Someone suggested it to me, not a dr. so it was just talking about it. And i remembered what happened if you did drink you would get very sick.

i a way it reminds me of Cytisine/ Tabex for smoking cessation. When you take a tab of that smoking Tobacco is totally unsatisfying that day. You won't get sick from it though!

But it sure helpt stop smoking. My drinking habit is almost zero. I tapered the last time. But the reason was epilepsy. Antibuse could have been useful but if you drink you get quite sick i understand. Or is it a tolerable sickness?