⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

F & T GAME: This Movie Or That Movie?

crystalcallas said:
16 Candles! It has a special spot in my DVD collection and I can watch it over and over again whereas I get bored with Pretty in Pink pretty fast.

I knew you'd be the one to reply, and I knew that would be your answer. And I'm gonna have to disagree.

*Gasps*

Singles

frailty-1.jpg

or

boondock-1.jpg

can i say the first 30 minutes of saving private ryan, but the rest of thin red line? well then its just saving private ryan.

from some older movies:
sleuth
200px-Sleuth_movie.jpg

or
the sting
The_Sting.jpg

Newman and Redford ftw always!

Elizabethtown

or

Garden State?

I love this commentary: "Turning thirty is depressing. Time to go back home, listen to pop rock, and get a quirky love interest played by a well-known Hollywood starlet. Crucial Difference: See, in one, Zach Braff's mother dies, while in the other, it's Orlando Bloom's father"!

Garden State, hands down.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show or Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Hedwig because the songs are better.

Audrey the daughter from national lampoon's:

a) Vacation (Dana Barron)
b) European vacation (Dana Hill)

Let's revive this thread! (sorry frankie...cant see your pics)

deerhunter.jpg

or

2-apocalypse-now-poste.jpeg

To make things more interesting, maybe you guys could put a short reason why you chose what you chose! kthx

^ Tough call but I'm going to have to go with Half Baked.

Adaptation

adaptation.jpg

or

Being John Malkovich

being-john-malkovich.jpg

Last edited:
being john malkovich!

but surprisingly i haven't seen adaptation yet (despite the fact that i LOVE charlie kaufman and like spike jonze... but i can only take nicolas cage in small doses).

Snatch.jpg

OR

01_Fight_Club.jpg

being john malkovich!

but surprisingly i haven't seen adaptation yet (despite the fact that i LOVE charlie kaufman and like spike jonze... but i can only take nicolas cage in small doses).

I seriously reckon you might change your vote if you see Adaptation. I don't even like Nicholas Cage (like, at all) and he was amazing in this film. The writing alone is sheer brilliance.

Voice over of the Kaufman character at the very beginning of the film:
Do I have an original thought in my head? My bald head. Maybe if I were happier, my hair wouldn't be falling out. Life is short. I need to make the most of it. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I'm a walking cliché. I really need to go to the doctor and have my leg checked. There's something wrong. A bump. The dentist called again. I'm way overdue. If I stop putting things off, I would be happier. All I do is sit on my fat ass. If my ass wasn't fat I would be happier. I wouldn't have to wear these shirts with the tails out all the time. Like that's fooling anyone. Fat ass. I should start jogging again. Five miles a day. Really do it this time. Maybe rock climbing. I need to turn my life around. What do I need to do? I need to fall in love. I need to have a girlfriend. I need to read more, improve myself. What if I learned Russian or something? Or took up an instrument? I could speak Chinese. I'd be the screenwriter who speaks Chinese and plays the oboe. That would be cool. I should get my hair cut short. Stop trying to fool myself and everyone else into thinking I have a full head of hair. How pathetic is that? Just be real. Confident. Isn't that what women are attracted to? Men don't have to be attractive. But that's not true. Especially these days. Almost as much pressure on men as there is on women these days. Why should I be made to feel I have to apologize for my existence? Maybe it's my brain chemistry. Maybe that's what's wrong with me. Bad chemistry. All my problems and anxiety can be reduced to a chemical imbalance or some kind of misfiring synapses. I need to get help for that. But I'll still be ugly though. Nothing's gonna change that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcCV4YQ-ZVQ

edit: on second thought maybe don't watch that if you don't like minor spoilers.

being john malkovich!

Snatch.jpg

OR

01_Fight_Club.jpg

fight club hands down.

bladerunner_4discboxartbig.jpg

or

SW_-_Empire_Strikes_Back.jpg

^ coming to america. :D

i like when he throws the milkshake to him. hahaha.

I seriously reckon you might change your vote if you see Adaptation. I don't even like Nicholas Cage (like, at all) and he was amazing in this film. The writing alone is sheer brilliance.

i have it even! i should just get to watchin it like... asap!

tgcir_a-clockwork-orange.jpg

OR

786936232301.jpg

As cool as Alice in Wonderland is, definitely A Clockwork Orange.

dog-day-afternoon-dvd11.jpg

OR

serpico.jpg