• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Extracting Fent from Used Patches

MrSuicideSheep

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for extracting the leftover fentanyl from transdermal patches. Not looking for IV advice since I don?t really wanna go down that road. I would rather the options be oral or nasal. I?ve heard of people making a ?tea? of sorts with folka ?steeping? them in hot water.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
MSS

I thought the usual approach was to suck on the used patches. Just be mighty careful that there isn't more left thank you think... If you pass out with a patch in your mouth, you'll keep absorbing it; people have OD'ed like that.

Tea isn't a good approach, because you swallow tea - you want to absorb it through the inside of your mouth.

You simply leave them overnight in vodka or similar white spirit. It will extract over 97% of the fentanyl.. It's from a well known study conducted by Jansen Cilag who invented fentanyl...can be found online if you look hard enough

Chewing on them seems to have no effect except a reduction in anxiety. However, that may simply be a placebo effect.

This thread concerns me a little bit for HR reasons. I understand what you're trying to do here and understand why you would want to do it, but my concern regards the fact that you don't have any simple way of knowing how much Fentanyl (Duragesic; Sublimaze) is actually left in a given patch, which obviously makes me fearful of unintentional overdose.

I'm going to make the assumption that you already have a fair tolerance to Opioids. Do you use Fentanyl daily or are you a recreational user primarily? I have extracted medication from patches of different kinds in the past. One time I took a patch bent it, folded it up and it fit inside a gelatin capsule and I swallowed it with what I believe were good results. I suppose a tea is an option, but you would have to acquaint yourself with the melting point of Fentanyl and probably have close control over the temperature of your vehicle.

Get back to me. We will figure it out one way or another, but I don't want you using this stuff until we have communicated. If you could do me that solid on the honor system, it would mean a lot to me :)

I have chronic pain due to a battle with small bowel cancer and previous surgeries; I understand your concerns though since, ya know, we?re talking about fentanyl. I am prescribed the 25 microgram/hour in case dosage is important. The brand is Alvogen which is a medication-in-adhesive type of patch.

This thread concerns me a little bit for HR reasons. I understand what you're trying to do here and understand why you would want to do it, but my concern regards the fact that you don't have any simple way of knowing how much Fentanyl (Duragesic; Sublimaze) is actually left in a given patch, which obviously makes me fearful of unintentional overdose.

I'm going to make the assumption that you already have a fair tolerance to Opioids. Do you use Fentanyl daily or are you a recreational user primarily? I have extracted medication from patches of different kinds in the past. One time I took a patch bent it, folded it up and it fit inside a gelatin capsule and I swallowed it with what I believe were good results. I suppose a tea is an option, but you would have to acquaint yourself with the melting point of Fentanyl and probably have close control over the temperature of your vehicle.

Get back to me. We will figure it out one way or another, but I don't want you using this stuff until we have communicated. If you could do me that solid on the honor system, it would mean a lot to me :)

If you've had the patch on for a set period of time it's a simple matter of reading the initial fentanyl load from the packet and subtracting its per hour release rate multiplied by how long the patch was on for...it's really not complicated.