Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Experiences with roadside drug tests

headdah

Bluelighter
HI couple weeks back mate of mine was stopped at a RBT, copper did the breatho thing, mate passed that. then he brought out a testing kit for drugs. we all shit our selfs, as we know she had dropped e's a few hours early. the 5 minute wait for the test was the longest wait. In the end it turned up negative. Thank fucking christ.

I just want to know whats everyone else's experience with it.

Also heard from some truckie I met earlier that night, he said taking a swig of vinegar before the test goggling it around in your mouth for as long as you can before the test. fucks with the results. Don't know if thats true or not and not game to find out either.

a friend of mine got swabbed on his way home from a rave. probably about 2 hours or so after his last pill. results were negative so yeh not sure how accurate they are

a group of us were leaving a rave one afternoon,
after being up for a couple of days on speed, ice, coke and pills.

the driver was swabbed. (2-3 hours after her last line of whizz) the wait was horrible.
came back negative luckily.

i still think that the penalties being harsher for driving on amphetamines than it is for drink driving is ridiculous. but thats a whole other story.

Yeah I heard that it actually works when you swish white vinegar around your mouth...

Good to know I am going to be carrying a bottle of that around with me in the car.

The only way these tests could be done properly is if they take a blood test and I don't see that happening. Good to know that tests have been coming up negative even when they have taken stuff, I wonder why it is dong that though...

I'm a better driver when I'm stoned or on speed or MDMA then what I am when I'm straight I seem to take more precaution about everything...

mushi mushi 88 said:
I'm a better driver when I'm stoned or on speed or MDMA then what I am when I'm straight I seem to take more precaution about everything...

I'm sorry, but I really doubt that. You may think that you're better but in reality I think you're putting lives at risk.

I've renamed this thread, I'm okay with people sharing their experiences with the testing, now that it's pretty much rolled out, or going to be, in every state in Aus and it appears the Drugwipe is used as the standard testing device.

Those of you who think the equipment might not work properly should read this thread: Roadside Drug Tests - Twice in 1 week!!!... clearly there are inconsistencies and it's been reported many times before in this forum.

DON'T DISCUSS HOW TO GET AROUND THE SALIVA TESTING

1. We do not encourage or condone drug-driving.

2. Such discussion is complete speculation anyway and almost impossible to prove. You do realise that when roadside blood-alcohol testing was introduced the same myths about vinegar, mouthwash, OJ, etc etc went around?

EDIT: For newer people, please read this.

Originally Posted by Doooofus
I'm sorry, but I really doubt that. You may think that you're better but in reality I think you're putting lives at risk.

I'm positive I do I have even had heaps of mates comment on how much better I drive when I'm high... I concentrate much harder when I am high then when I am straight... Although if I take a lot of the substance I will not even attempt to drive.

^Dude. Wake up. If all your mates told you you had a 10 meter cock that spits liquid gold would you take their word as gospel?

mushi mushi 88 said:
I'm positive I do I have even had heaps of mates comment on how much better I drive when I'm high... I concentrate much harder when I am high then when I am straight... Although if I take a lot of the substance I will not even attempt to drive.

This may be 100% true, but the problem is you will start to get more and more confident driving on drugs and that confidence lead to a reduction of you concentration and be very dangerous

Also what example does it give your friends? You may be a great driver on ecstasy and speed but your friends may not be so 'skilled' and you doing it would influence them greatly that it is acceptable for them to try.

Any substance which dulls or significantly alters your perception has potential to affect driving ability and precision/ time of reaction, whether you're familiar with the experience or not.

Personally, I think if we're testing drivers for drugs, all psychoactive drugs inlcuding methadone and caffeine should be included, and driver fatigue should be treated just as seriously. However, there does need to be some form of safe level established for each drug.

The roadside saliva tests just aren't that sensitive - that's why you get cases like mentioned in first few posts here. It's probably a fair call that if you've got enough on board to fail the test, then you're driving ability is significantly impaired.

By the way - the penalty for failing a breath test is still more severe than failing the drugs test - you will cop a licence suspension at minimum if you fail a breath test - but if you fail the drugs test it's 10 points (which could result in loss of licence) and $330 fine (first offence - not contested).

And yes to be fair they really should test for a wider range of drugs - particularly CNS depressants like opioids, benzos, psych meds, tricyclics etc. But you have to bear in mind that this random roadside drug testing wheeze is a world first. Even though arguably other drugs (than those tested for) make your driving worse, there was a risk of public backlash if poor old Aunty Marge got busted due to her prescription medication intake. People who use illegal drugs are clearly scum - so no-ones gonna complain if they get taken off the road.

people who use illegal drugs are clearly scum?

who are you to judge ??????????????????

headdah said:
people who use illegal drugs are clearly scum?

who are you to judge ??????????????????

Headdad, I think he was tongue in cheek looking at the general public (read blue rinse set) view, not his own, I am thinking if he is here, he may well be using, what do you think?

baysieguy1 said:
Headdad, I think he was tongue in cheek looking at the general public (read blue rinse set) view, not his own, I am thinking if he is here, he may well be using, what do you think?
No way!8o

indeed, i take it allllllll back :>
but then again, we might still all be scums too :D

Though I'm sure it's no consolation, ayjay raises a good point that shouldn't be lost. This testing is pretty much the first of it's kind in the world... in some ways not unexpected either given our massive appetite for drugs and the emphasis placed on road safety by state and federal governments compared to other developed countries.

I have seen people get pulled up and tested positive several hours after the primary effects of their drugs wore off. But I have also seen a friend pass a breathaliser test 15mins after his last pint (it was a home owned breathaliser, he wasn't driving.) In the former case their car was searched, I think even partly dismantled.

Certainly an ordeal not worth the money saved on a taxi, public transport or a pushbike (you can get fines for riding these while out of it too, but at least you don't pose a deadly threat to others.) I would even tentatively suggest that I support these tests?

Does anyone know why these aren't more common? Are they costly for the police to run?