• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Experience treating depression with long-term suboxone/bupe?

J wall

Greenlighter
I just started seeing a psychiatrist who is using suboxone on me for depression. I am also a long time opiate addict (about a year smoking heroin, 4-5 years morphine, oxy's, and any opiate pill I could get my hands on, and then sporadically during the last 6 years as I have been trying to get sober.) My depression hasn't been properly treated using many different forms and combos of meds, and when it gets bad enough I use opiates, just to feel better even temporarily. I have a large tolerance to oxycodone still, I can take 200 mgs in a day and be fully functional. So I think all of those things combined made them think that long term suboxone use combined with frequent therapy sessions will help me not be disabled by my depression to the point where I can't leave the house for 7-10 day stretches, making regular therapy almost impossible, not to mention holding a job or ever having enough money as I miss so much work. Part of their psychiatric clinic is a suboxone clinic so I imagine that makes it easy for him to prescribe it. He may not list the reason I'm taking it as the off-label use of treating depression, but that's why I'm using it. Does anyone else have experience using it long-term for treating depression? There isn't a lot of information out there about using it in that regard, it's mostly stuff about using it for withdrawals.

since you were a junkbox anyway at least suboxone will POTENTIALLY keep you away from the dope/morphine. it works for me and I was shooting a G/day EVERY FUCKING DAY, man. I was a junkbox and all worked out great w/ suboone. you can not use dope for 24hrs and then take the suboxone and be fine.

I do know that in order to attend therapy (which I need badly and have never had) I need to be able to get out of bed and leave the house and feel like I give a shit about life enough to try. And I know that traditional anti-depressants weren't working for me. And I know that when I'm depressed I'll buy pills and use them just to have a little relief (spending money I don't have to spend). How long have you been taking suboxone? Have you and your doctor talked about you taking them indefinitely?

I just started seeing a psychiatrist who is using suboxone on me for depression. I am also a long time opiate addict (about a year smoking heroin, 4-5 years morphine, oxy's, and any opiate pill I could get my hands on, and then sporadically during the last 6 years as I have been trying to get sober.) My depression hasn't been properly treated using many different forms and combos of meds, and when it gets bad enough I use opiates, just to feel better even temporarily. I have a large tolerance to oxycodone still, I can take 200 mgs in a day and be fully functional. So I think all of those things combined made them think that long term suboxone use combined with frequent therapy sessions will help me not be disabled by my depression to the point where I can't leave the house for 7-10 day stretches, making regular therapy almost impossible, not to mention holding a job or ever having enough money as I miss so much work. Part of their psychiatric clinic is a suboxone clinic so I imagine that makes it easy for him to prescribe it. He may not list the reason I'm taking it as the off-label use of treating depression, but that's why I'm using it. Does anyone else have experience using it long-term for treating depression? There isn't a lot of information out there about using it in that regard, it's mostly stuff about using it for withdrawals.
I know that this is the old post, but just wandering how was your experience with Suboxone? Are you OK now?