Ex competitive bodybuilder, never recovered?

Crackle pop

Bluelighter
Hey guys.
Without goin on too much about the past. My old mans been a competing bodybuilder for as long as i remember. Hes currently over 50s mr Europe , Mr world and runner up in 2020s mr universe tht hes determind to win. Anyway at 21 i started heavily on AAS , test , deca , tren , eq , mast , dbol , oxys etc etc i was using stacking 3 to 4 compounds together for 2 to 3 months then id cruise on test only for a month n blast a big cycle n repeat for years up until 35 when im forced to stop thru injury and heart failure. My bad i know i kick myself daily.
But this post isnt about that.
So my labido had always been fine , extra high like a dogs labido and id have many friends with benefits an girlfriends, booty calls . I wasn't ever frustrated, sexually lol.
Sometimes on deca (nor 19s) or during a cruise my labido would dip slightly. Id usually start proviron and or a course of hcg and it always had come back and wasnt really ever an issue.
So now im no longer on steroids or at the gym as my heart won't allow it i have been off all steroids for about 20- 22 months . But my labido is zero i never ever wake up in a morning errect anymore . In general sex dosent bother me ive not had sex with anyome new in months and dont care that i haven't.(bar once a month at most with my ex) Where as when i was on the aas id go 3 days and id feel id need it an go get it either new or an omd flame lol My beard n hair grows so slow now days as if my test levels are so so low also my seman for months was like water completely see through n like water not a thing in it. I have a 16 ur old daughter so if im no longer fertile it isnt a problem as i dnt plan on more kids at my age . It has recently gotten back to how it was. How ever my desire for sex is still non existent. I probably get that urge once a month rather than 4 times a day in the past . I used to love walkingthrough town n eyeing up all the hot girls n tiddies n ass esp in summer lol now i dont even perv half as much as i used to. And now its getting me down. I dont really want to go to the drs about it as we dont get on n its a case of i told u so. Like anything an everything's blamed on my steroid abuse i get that but its not helping.
Im thinking maybe TRT. Any advice guys bcoz ro be honest im at the end of my tether with it im thinking sustanon 250
And using 1ml/250mg every 4 wks/28 days just for labido and to feel good with a decent amount of testosterone floating about.
Any info or advice greatly appreciated peoples thank you all 🤔

Last edited:
Ah i suspected this may be the case , its not an every day kinda problem.
Anyone at all got anything to chip in...

Being in the situation iam now in. With a seriously damaged heart with occluded double bypass & left ventricle, heart disease an failure bla bla bla tiwsted spine after failed ops and a fusion 2018
Kinda end of life as my heart could give up anyday and one more attack and i will not survive it. I've had eight in 7 years and thats my prognosis, the outlook is bleak so anyway the weeks , months. Years (i pray) i have left i may as well start Trt (Testosterone replacement therapy) notnonly are my drs useless and put everything down to steroids an drugs i will buy the test myself . After all the years living that life ive a vast knowledge of steroids and plugs for quality gear here at home an online.
Does a trt does of 250mg per 4 weekly sound excessive or about right?
After 22 months of non steroid use no labido no testosterone , slowed hair n beard growth lack of motivation an fatigue daily . To me this all says low to non existent natural testosterone levels ive waited nearly 2 yrs before deciding to go the trt use.
Id love to hear from anyone else who had to quit after years of aas use to see how they recovered if at all. Thanks guys.
Enjoy your friday 😎

Hi there, I get why you are considering self administering TRT.
Before you decide to go ahead, it would be ideal if you could get bloodwork, so you can see where your hormones are right now.
If your doc doesn't think it's needed, you may have to go private, it shouldn't be super expensive.
You want to check your Testosterone (Free and Total), E2, SHBG, LH, FSH.
You would want to take just enough to feel better than you are now, but you don't want to precipitate your condition by raising your BP or heart rate.
One fat shot per month would not be ideal, you want to microdose and get your test levels as stable as possible, like 1 shot every 2 or 3 days.

As far as what dose would be right for you, I would recommend the minimum that improves your symptoms and doesn't increase BP and HR, that's probably between 80 and120mg per week.
Do you know how much of your heart is still working?
I remember reading about a guy that used Cardarine after he had an heart attack that recuperated a lot of his heart function, but I couldn't find any article about it today.

Ah i suspected this may be the case , its not an every day kinda problem.
Anyone at all got anything to chip in...

Being in the situation iam now in. With a seriously damaged heart with occluded double bypass & left ventricle, heart disease an failure bla bla bla tiwsted spine after failed ops and a fusion 2018
Kinda end of life as my heart could give up anyday and one more attack and i will not survive it. I've had eight in 7 years and thats my prognosis, the outlook is bleak so anyway the weeks , months. Years (i pray) i have left i may as well start Trt (Testosterone replacement therapy) notnonly are my drs useless and put everything down to steroids an drugs i will buy the test myself . After all the years living that life ive a vast knowledge of steroids and plugs for quality gear here at home an online.
Does a trt does of 250mg per 4 weekly sound excessive or about right?
After 22 months of non steroid use no labido no testosterone , slowed hair n beard growth lack of motivation an fatigue daily . To me this all says low to non existent natural testosterone levels ive waited nearly 2 yrs before deciding to go the trt use.
Id love to hear from anyone else who had to quit after years of aas use to see how they recovered if at all. Thanks guys.
Enjoy your friday 😎

Hey, It would be prudent to check blood testosterone levels to confirm your suspected diagnosis of lowered libido is due to low test..

TRT should work in your case, 60-100mg/week, single injection, or twice a week on half dose.. Whatever works best for you..

Regards occlusion issues to coronary vasculature, reduce chronic inflammation...

Monitor BP (blood pressure)... If elevated, Losartan as an receptor blocker is preferred as opposed to an ace inhibitor..
Plus Losartan has other mechanisms that can reduce myocardial stiffening, and increase flexibility..

Knock out ALL Vegetable oils/margarines, processed junk food from diet... To reduce chronic inflammatory response..

Switch to keto, eliminate most carbohydrates.. Healthy keto consists of Fatty meats, on the bone, from pastured grass fed animals.
Eggs, hard cheeses, fish, preferably wild caught, organic free range eggs, organic A2 milk if you can obtain, otherwise drop all commercial dairy..
Many green leafy and coloured vegetables, healthy oils such as olive, macadamia, coconut oil, avocado (never use any oils in cooking), coconut yogurt, berries, nuts and seeds (never peanuts)..
Cook only in pressure cooker, water, use only butter or ghee...

Eliminate processed grains, breads, brown rice, potatoes (sweet potatoes are fine)..... Switching to fat burning metabolism, as opposed to processed carbohydrates...

Keto after heart problems and occluded arteries...are you trying to totally screw him up! His heart wont cope with that extra fat. Coconut oil! Seriously dangerous!

Mod-Edit Outdated, incorrect statement..!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keto after heart problems and occluded arteries...are you trying to totally screw him up! His heart wont cope with that extra fat. Coconut oil! Seriously dangerous!
The fat choices are healthy fats and not to mention the vegetables with high fiber are very beneficial to lipids. "keto" is generally only viewed as "bad" because people basically pursue it as the carnivore diet and neglect the crucial role of vegetables and dietary fat choices. The people you most commonly see having issues still aren't eating properly and want to live off of fried food basically.

I eat so much fat you’d guess I was 300lb but I’m a thin athletic build and last time I got my LDL/HDL checked they were both so good we had to double check to make sure we were reading them right. Healthy fats are not at all bad for the cardiovascular system, quite the opposite.

-GC

That is really interesting. I was told I should only eat low fat - the fruit and veg, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, skinless poultry and fish, nuts and legumes, and non-tropical vegetable oils thing that they tell everybody. I hope he asks his doctor before changing his diet.

That is really interesting. I was told I should only eat low fat - the fruit and veg, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, skinless poultry and fish, nuts and legumes, and non-tropical vegetable oils thing that they tell everybody. I hope he asks his doctor before changing his diet.
The human body can produce enough cholesterol (from other types of fat) to throw off lipid values even if you don't eat any.
The thing is that good fats and cholesterol are needed and it only becomes problematic when people eat too many carbs and lead a sedentary lifestyle.
So the only solution would be to change diet and and to exercise, but there is no economical interest in promoting that, and sadly most people are not going to actually change their lifestyle, especially if they can take pills.

Keto, as opposed to what, sugars..????

Fats are healthy and the preferred energy source for mitochondria, sugar is a metabolic poison....

You don't combine fats with sugars, as problems occur, but its not fat that is the problem, its the sugar....

Before making inaccurate comments based on outdated food guidelines, research lipoproteins and what is actually responsible for elevated LDL, oxidisation, and glycation of LDL particles, otherwise known as sdLDL, measured as LP(a)..

Chronic inflammation damages coronary vasculature..

Elevated triglycerides increase LDL particle number..

Hyperinsulinemia is responsible for glycation of APO-B100 transmembrane protein, leading to sdLDL (the dangerous kind, known to occlude coronary arteries)

Saturated fat increases functional HDL...

Triglycerides (sugars) lead to non-functional HDL..

Low fat is outdated, and quite frankly incorrect...

Processed grains, vegetable oils, and refined fructose (sugar) are the primary drivers behind the top 4 chronic diseases, Cardiovascular, Neurodegenerative, Metabolic syndrome, Cancer..

Unfortunately your local Dr can be decades behind the latest research on nutrition, its hardly covered at med-school, in preference for pharmaceutical options, that don't fix the problem, and only mask symptoms, whilst creating side effects themselves...

In the 8 years I've been involved with medicine, I have come to the belief modern medicine, regards eliminating chronic disease process doesn't work for most people..., if at all for anyone...

The human body can produce enough cholesterol (from other types of fat) to throw off lipid values even if you don't eat any.
The thing is that good fats and cholesterol are needed and it only becomes problematic when people eat too many carbs and lead a sedentary lifestyle.
So the only solution would be to change diet and and to exercise, but there is no economical interest in promoting that, and sadly most people are not going to actually change their lifestyle, especially if they can take pills.

I'd agree, dietary cholesterol has no influence upon blood cholesterol levels..
Plus its cholesterol ester which I believe is different from actual blood cholesterol, transported in LDL particles...

Low fat is outdated, and quite frankly incorrect...

Processed grains, vegetable oils, and refined fructose (sugar) are the primary drivers behind the top 4 chronic diseases, Cardiovascular, Neurodegenerative, Metabolic syndrome, Cancer..

Unfortunately your local Dr can be decades behind the latest research on nutrition, its hardly covered at med-school, in preference for pharmaceutical options, that don't fix the problem, and only mask symptoms, whilst creating side effects themselves...

In the 8 years I've been involved with medicine, I have come to the belief modern medicine, regards eliminating chronic disease process doesn't work for most people..., if at all for anyone...
This is why I'm an exercise science Pre-med. One of our classes for our major is "biology of cardiovascular and metabolic disease" which one would think is crucial for the current, to put it blatantly, pandemic of cardiovascular and metabolic issues such as T2D and atherosclerosis/arteriosclerosis. Unfortunately it's not. In my notebook I have a diagram of the "27 easy steps" of how high blood sugar affects the body as well as the liver itself leading to the cardiovascular issues and also NAFLD (non alcohol fatty liver disease). It was also helpful that my instructor basically is writing the textbook with a few others for this course to be taught in other clinical exercise science/physiology courses and her husband stays up to date as a cardiac surgeon. Phenomenal class that basically re-emphasized what we've been saying here for ages. Hopefully the tide will turn soon.

I only do unprocessed food, low sugar. I have celiac disease and serious food allergies to casein and nuts, so am forced to eat a certain way. Reading this, I think I am going to let myself have an avocado if I want one!

Wow ive not been on in a while so im suprised to see all these replies. Some really knowledgeable folks on here. Ome of the many reasons its my place to research n learn about unheard of substances and harm reduction

As for diet huh . I was dragged up by an alcoholic single mother and was never fed any fresh fruit or veg so now as an adulti cant stand the taste n texture of any fresh fruit or veg. I can eat potatoes and that's about it .
So the bodybuilder diet of meat an carbs with healthy fats suited me well as thays all i really eat.
So now im not bodybuilding an live alone my diet isnt great. Im 5ft 8" around 11st or 150ish lbs. So im not ocer nor under weight. Im on alot of meds for Bp colesterol blood thinners an things an wish i could eat alot more healthy. Also as we know eating healthy isnt cheap when compared to junk food. Its wrong backwards!!
My old man whos been bodybuilding for 30yrs seems to think trt n diet clean up as you guyd mostly do is the answer. I will how ever talk to my dr first.
And yeah its ocwr half of my heart not gettin blood. The LV abd bypassed double Lv both bein occluded now. I feel fine but i knkw how poorly iam n what to expect.
The council do not move you into a bungalow woth the oaps if your not terminally poorly. The futures bleak but i take one day at a time n im blessed to wake up daily pain free. Thanks guys

Go on a low dose of trt. 100mg week max.

My first cycle was 1g test week with sarms and It took me forever to recover. I couldn't imagine using for 14 years.

I dont mind being on my own trt regime at all. It beats the alternative.

Go on a low dose of trt. 100mg week max.

My first cycle was 1g test week with sarms and It took me forever to recover. I couldn't imagine using for 14 years.

I dont mind being on my own trt regime at all. It beats the alternative.

Try being on for 41 years.... Kinda get to feel like a pincushion after a while... :)

Try being on for 41 years.... Kinda get to feel like a pincushion after a while... :)
I'm coming up on... Can you believe its been just about 8 years already my friend? Time is flying by. Is this what it's like to get old? Lol

So you guys think butter beats margerine? I eat flora buttery but i might go back to butter now