• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Everything causes cancer

If the minerals are chelated/citrate/oxide it's probably not worth taking, but I'm curious why you're taking calcium? Are you deficient? Because most people simply don't need to supplement it. But if you must I'm fond of calcium AEP, 400mg/day max(like I said it just plain isn't necessary for a lot of people)

You don't really need more of anything else listed, but a few things not mentioned that are in my stack atm include -
Grapeseed extract (500mg/day), see 'resveratrol' very promising stuff.
Lecithin - a tablespoon or so of granules w/my protein shake.
2 billion probiotics(capsule can be opened and dumped into shake if desired)
Sublingual Methycobalamin(B-12) once a week since I'm practically vegan.(Note to everyone - ALL vegans must supplement B-12, period.)

At night
300ug melatonin
200mg L-theanine

I'm pretty much vegan as well hence the calcium. Thanks again!

Being out of balance causes cancer. And yes, a huge variety of things can throw a person out of balance, including, as many others have mentioned here, stress. So stressing out on all these details is no good. What you should focus on is keeping it simple and listening to your body.

Whole foods, sunshine, happiness, laughter, self awareness (especially about emotions), exercise, good water... replace the bad stuff with good stuff that makes YOU feel good.

Don't read the news. I quit in May, I feel better every day.

Easier on the mind without all the sensationalism, alarmism and just plain ignorance, yes. I agree. Haven't owned a TV in 5 years either, unless you count using one to play Mario Bros 3, TNMT2 and Kirby's Adventure.

High doses of vitamins/minerals aren't necessarily helpful, and in fact can be harmful.

See this and this.

Also, I really recommend Health Action Newsletter. Great unbiased research into health and nutrition issues.

from your article
A spokesperson for the supplements industry said the research was "flawed" because it included studies conducted on people who were already very sick.

Isn't cancer more prevalent in the West than in poor thrid world countries? I would think this is to do with the constant bombardment of chemicals we are exposed to. Artificial additives, cleaning products, fluoride and heavy metals in the water, stress of 9-5, chemtrails etc.

botfly, I think you're right, and I think a lot of it comes from our food supply... I'm not talking conventionally grown produce (although those pesticides certainly aren't beneficial for us to ingest). I'm talking about things like this:

Mix sodium benzoate and potassium benzoate and what do you get?

Benzene.

What’s benzene?

A known carcinogen.

But there’s no potassium benzoate in Sunny D. That’s right, there isn’t. But potassium benzoate is used as a preservative in many other food products, including “juices”, sparkling drinks, soft drinks and pickles. You’ll find it in a number of Pepsi products as well as some Tropicana juices. Just be aware, you may not want to mix your Sunny D with any other “juices”.
Above from "If man made it, don't eat it." :Do you trust your food?

Taken out of context, it's a bit tough to see what I'm getting at... But: There are numerous preservatives in our food supply. Who knows what interactions they have with one another? Two preservatives/colorants may be perfectly safe on their own, but mixed with something once ingested, who knows what effect they have.

Gah, sorry to ramble. Hopefully someone gets what I was tryin' to get at.

In other words, most of the cancers we get could be at least somewhat controlled if we simply treated our bodies better.

No "quick fixes" for our weight problems (pills, diuretics, etc)
No special bars and diet plans
Using things like alcohol, drugs and cigarettes/cigars sparingly
Exercising regularly
Eating what our natures know we should eat (it's all ingrained in us, we know what is and is not for our good health, and this does not mean things created by man that are called "healthy")

So many people unknowingly treat their bodies like shit and cry when they get cancer. I bet, if more people followed these types of guidelines, we would be living longer, healthier lives... cancer free.

It's not that our bodies attract cancer, it's that we give our bodies cancer.

botfly, I think you're right, and I think a lot of it comes from our food supply... I'm not talking conventionally grown produce (although those pesticides certainly aren't beneficial for us to ingest). I'm talking about things like this:

Above from "If man made it, don't eat it." :Do you trust your food?

Taken out of context, it's a bit tough to see what I'm getting at... But: There are numerous preservatives in our food supply. Who knows what interactions they have with one another? Two preservatives/colorants may be perfectly safe on their own, but mixed with something once ingested, who knows what effect they have.

Gah, sorry to ramble. Hopefully someone gets what I was tryin' to get at.

I hear ya. I also think that some chemicals could be metabolized into toxic byproducts, much like alcohol->acetylhyde.

I never treated my body like shit and I got cancer at the age of 15.

I'm sorry to hear that and I do hope you are doing better today. <3

I just wanted to say that I think the phrase "people treating their bodies like shit" as it is being used in this thread means more "people" in the general sense of the word; society. I don't think anyone doubts that not everyone who gets cancer asked for it. But the fact is, as a society we are poisoning our world and sometimes the innocent suffer because of the sickness of the whole...

I'm sorry to hear that and I do hope you are doing better today. <3

I just wanted to say that I think the phrase "people treating their bodies like shit" as it is being used in this thread means more "people" in the general sense of the word; society. I don't think anyone doubts that not everyone who gets cancer asked for it. But the fact is, as a society we are poisoning our world and sometimes the innocent suffer because of the sickness of the whole...

I want to apologize also for that sort of comment. It's a bit over-generalizing to those who probably have not done anything harmful to their own bodies.

At that expense, I think as a whole, we are to blame for our sicknesses. We're in this game called life together and one's actions can affect another's circumstances.

In some cases, cancer is almost completely genetic or pre-determined by early exposures in the womb/after birth (viruses, contaminated vaccines (SV-40), etc.) Luckily, most cancers come from a combination of genetic and environmental factors, some of which include:

*Radiation exposure (tobacco smoke, radon in homes, sunlight, radiation therapy (ironically), and others).

*Some viruses, such as SV-40 (brain cancer), HTLV (lymphoma) and HPV (cervical/anal cancer).

*Obesity, which stems from poor diet and lack of exercise. "One third of all cancer deaths are related to diet and activity factors." ---American Cancer Society

*Toxic environmental chemicals (dioxin, PCBs, heavy metals, organophosphate pesticides, perchlorate, benzene and many many more).

While these things have a proven causal role in some cancers, it's safe to assume that many of the unnatural habits that make our lives more convenient, from constant cell-phone/computer use to plastics/styrofoam use play a contributing role for some people. Cancer rates for most cancers have risen dramatically in the last 50 years, and there is no such thing as a "genetic" epidemic. To deny environmental contributors is just that--denial--which is something many big corporations (think BP and Monsanto) and politicians are sadly very good at.

Cancer is one of the few health maladies I truly fear, and I feel for anyone affected by the disease. It's easy to beat ourselves up about "poor lifestyle choices", but that's only half the story. It's infinitely harder to make good choices when our food, water, air, homes and workplaces are literally saturated with carcinogens and unproven-but-likely carcinogens.