• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Everybody seem to relapse in the winter?

Willm121

Bluelighter
Finally got my shit together, now I’ve relapsed and need more tweaker friends

My last major relapse occurred in the summer. I was feeling good with the warm weather which was allowing me to get in lots of sunlight and exercise and so my confidence and mood were at all time high. I made the mistake of thinking that since I was in such a good mindset that I could use again without falling into the same trap. I was wrong...

I can also see how the cold miserable weather, short days and lack of sunlight in the winter months could also lead one to be more likely to relapse

I dont know how ive been able to avoid getting addicted to opioids and benzos again amid this coronavirus nightmare. When it started i thought, shit im gonna wind up on benzos.

Instead I've done suprisingly well oddly enough. Benzos would be a nice way to cruise through this whole thing worry free, but another benzo addiction would probably break me. Ive got a few more opioid addictions in me most definitely, but a benzo addiction is something i hope to avoid for a 4th time.

For me I struggle with relapse the most during summer time, especially with stims. Summer reminds me when I was using meth and all the "good times" with warm, sunny weather.

I'm sure most struggle in the winter as well, especially those who live in cold climates. These wintery months are miserable for the most part. It's hard for me to stay positive when I don't see the sun for weeks at a time.

A relapse would be welcome, especially one that happens after abstaining instead of
cash shortage.

For me it honestly doesn’t matter much, although winter is nice for opiates with that warmth n all.. But I only worry about relapse when I stop caring about life. Just like when I was younger, I only used cuz I felt hopeless.

Thankfully these days I got a lot going for me so even at its worst I’m able to keep myself together. The only true relapse I’ve had since getting my shit together over a decade back, was one fall I used cocaine probably 2-3 days a week. My girl had left the state for internships and I was all alone, and didn’t take long for me to fall off the wagon.

Soon as I saw her over holiday break I quit with zero cravings. Even though we were still apart for 2more months just seeing her for a week was enough to kick.

Love is the strongest drug of all.. Gets you hella high :)

-GC