EVEN BETTER Question To Make You Think?!

Tee

Bluelighter
Well earlier someone posted a question about choosing 50 million dollars or drugs. That made me think of something else... (kind of sad to me)- How much extra money do you think you would have if you didn't buy drugs??? E is pretty expensive isnt it? For me, I don't even think of the amount. Too much anyway. But I justify it by telling myself that I have nothing better to spend my money on. Maybe I'm wrong...

it's just money.
if it wasn't e, it would just be clothes, or other THINGS, or some other empty expiereince. NOw, that isn't to say that it isn't expencive. It is, but the fact of the matter is, the cost incurred to me is not greater than the experiences I have on e.
I am also fully aware of the effects of the drug, and the "falsehoods" and "illusions" it can create for a person. But you only live once. and you have to live for today.
as long as the costs aren't detremental to my education, or way of life, I honestly feel (at this point) I will keep on rolling for a LONG time.
basicly, a part of my philosophy is:
Keep your future in mind, but never forget the moment, sometimes it is more important.
good thought though.
PLUR

the way i look at it is even if i did not worry about the money situation i would still do the same amount of hits because i look at x as a fake feeling or dream world,but don't get me wrong i do have a blaST whenever i'm on it. i've learned to moderate because it just puts a beating on my body and especially on my brain. our bodies were not made to absorb this kind of pain frequently.you have to remember mdma is man made, it ain't natural.peace

Sorry factorycatx, but I have to disagree.
smile.gif
From what I have found, most revelations/forgiveness/understandings/ect that I have come by while rolling, the feelings have lasted long after the drug has worn off. For me, rolling is not about escape, just an easier way to reach empathy with those around me.. Open up, if you will. So it seems to me that X-periences are not fake/dreamworld, just a way to make breaking down barriers within myself easier.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

Also dont forget that most people who go out and party spend as much or more on their drugs of choice or on alcohol. I know If spent more than $150 in drinking in one night when I was in Germany, and 100-150 in clubs in Miami just on alcohol is not at all uncommon. We all spend our money on amusement and diversion in some manner, and rolling actually seems to be one of the cheaper partying methods, and certainly more fun then drinking.
peace
soulwatcher

Thats a good point soulwatcher. I hardly drink anymore since I started rolling cause I treasure all the experiences from rolling more than any experience alcohol could ever give me. No matter how much I drink or how much I spend on alcohol, it will still never give me 1/100th of 1/100th of 1% of the amazing times I have while I roll. I tend to spend more money on rolls but I always exercise moderation to give my body the breaks it deserves. The feelings are just way too good, and I feel so friendly, open and happy which is something alcohol doesn't make me. I only see problems come out of alcohol. I have friends who beat there girlfriends when they drink too much cause they cant control themselves. That is another reason why ecstasy is such a great escape and alcohol isn't cause I don't want to have to kick my friends around cause they were drinking to much. I would much rather give them a big hug and be happy to be with them and enjoy the night.
The Doctor
------------------
If it seems as if I can roll harder than others, it is only because I have rolled on the shoulders of giants

I'm all about having fun and helping other people have fun. I'm doing pretty well right now money wise so if I'm going to go out and to have fun, I'll give pillz away to whoever goes with me and they have just that much more fun because they didn't have to pay, plus I feel even better because I see how much fun the other person is having. Everyone wins. Money is a renewable resource. Everything comes back to you, lots of good things have come back to me for the people I've helped out.
------------------
IMOKRUOK - Roll On Roll Off

i have to agree with you, Ashke..alot of people
view E as a "fantasyland" or "dreamworld" that is entirely
fake. i percieve it a different way, and i believe that the
way anyone percieves it has alot to do with
their mentality naturally. i see it as an opening to a new
realization about things...and awareness that is produced
that can be kept with you forever. the feelings and
emotions that i experience when i'm on E only allow me to see
what is so beautiful in this world. when people deny this,
they aren't seeing beauty in the world in the first place.
When i am on E i feel like it is an enhancement of my normal
state and i feel in control of what's around me. i just see it in
a different light. i think if more people were able to see the world
in this kind of manner, on E or even sober, we would be living
in a much happier, peaceful place. What i enjoy about E is that it
has given me a feeling to IDENTIFY, so even when i am sober
i can have a wonderful time, because E has merely opened my eyes
to allowing the beauty, wonder and amazement of the natural world
around us.
smile.gif

here's a note: when coming down, try not to be
depressed..instead-be thankful for what your trip
has given and opened you up to. it will be a much
better experience, and you won't be as sad!!
spread the word~~!!
*PEACE*
starsNlightz

I couldn't agree more w/ what Ashke and StarsNlightz said about the perception by people and E. If you feel that E brings u to a "fakeworld" when u r on it, what kind of world r u in when u r not rollin? I can't understand the dreamworld thing, I thought thats only when u sleep. Like, all of a sudden you r transported into a completely different reality? I don't think so, that sounds like science fiction theatre to me. Maybe the feelings and thoughts some people have on E are too much for them to handle and they rationalize by saying "oh, its only a drug and these are 'fake' feelings/thoughts, but man I feel good". I dunno, thats only MY thoughts. I accept E, and so do a couple of close friends, as a valuable tool. By that I mean, we not only use it to feel good and have a great time, but, we also use it to open our eyes to all that good stuff. And I have to agree w/ Ashke it DOES last far past the roll, but YOU have to make it last a reality tho. Drug or not it IS a valuable tool for all of us to use, responsibly, and moderately. And take head to StarsNlightz's words of wisdom: "What i enjoy about E is that it has given me a feeling to IDENTIFY, so even when i am sober i can have a wonderful time, because E has merely opened my eyes to allowing the beauty, wonder and amazement of the natural world around us." Although it IS a great time, and it makes us feel really good, there are also a myriad of other things it can do for us as long as we can IDENTIFY them. Theres my $.02 for what its worth.
LATER!
PLUR!
stepper69

now, I think we all can admit to meeting someone on e, and totaly "clicking" with them, and then realising a few days later, that they were NOT the same person that you met.
now, for me, I find that e is an amplifier for the "excitedness" and "crazyness" that I allways (err, usualy) feel.But for some people, it *IS* an utterly fake, experience; and the person they become is never the same person they were before or after.
Some people just refuse to take anything out of the expierience with them. For them, it is fake, and it doesn't mean anything but "fun". I say, let them have it. we know better.

maybe you can tarmac, I saw your down in Nashville, I go down to Memphis all the time for SilverPromotions parties, next one I'm going to is in March and then the next one after that will be in May. Some bluelighters are gonna be meeting up on the 15th of this month in Detroit, about a 8 hour drive for you.
------------------

I double posted, bad goose. sorry.
------------------
[This message has been edited by Goose (edited 03 January 2000).]

hey goose--please keep me posted on that Memphis thing. Where do you reside?

I'm in the Metro Detroit Area, I'll keep ya posted, send me your email address through ICQ or something (184817). Just say your from bluelight, I get all these wacky kids from Hong Kong writing me messages and unfortunatly alot of ICQ messages get ignored. but when I see bluelight, I pay attention...... ok this thread has gone completely off topic, oh well.
------------------

Huh. Actually Paradox, I must honestly admit that I've never been on E and decided I liked someone, and then changed my tune once the drug wore off. *shrug*
While I'd say that plenty of times I have been more forgiving of people I've disliked, or tried hard to understand why they are like they are or given forgiveness where I might not have sober, that's not the same thing. Chances are, if I come across someone who I naturally wouldn't like, then I won't like them on ecstacy either. While rolling I'm way too in tune with my own emotions to deceive myself like that.
I'm not saying that's how E should effect EVERYbody, naturally. I can only speak for me.
smile.gif

~*~ Ashke ~*~

I've never ever thought about the cost of e...although i think the most i've ever paid for it was $30 tops....and thats when i desperate lol.
I'd much rather spend 20 - 40 bux and have a normally 4 - 6 hour roll and great time then spend that $$$ on booze and settle for what will likely be a medicore time and a queasy stomach the next day.
i find e and shrooms to be the most cost-efficient fun/highs around.
Your body's an Arcade
Get some Quarters!
smile.gif

------------------
Ciao...
e!