• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

European Drug Report 2021 - Incoming - Live Event - 9 June 2021

It makes no sense to me that Spain, for example, has the biggest number and quantity of seizures, yet on the street has some of the worst quality available when compared to other EU member states.
All good drugs go primarily to Belgium (Brussels, where is the HQ of EU is and all the coke heads regularly meet and decide what suites them) and Netherlands (well known place, but also has some important places like Hague, where top tier coke heads reside), and UK (City of London being obvious number one spot for large pure cocaine consumption). Spain and (west) Balkans are entry points but generally the really good stuff (less cut) is not intended for that countryes. I didn't read reports (yet) and am giving an opinion. But opinion based on some real knowledge about how things stand in Europe as a whole (not only EU members countries). Damn, I have to find some time for the reports.

All good drugs go primarily to Belgium (Brussels, where is the HQ of EU is and all the coke heads regularly meet and decide what suites them) and Netherlands (well known place, but also has some important places like Hague, where top tier coke heads reside), and UK (City of London being obvious number one spot for large pure cocaine consumption). Spain and (west) Balkans are entry points but generally the really good stuff (less cut) is not intended for that countryes. I didn't read reports (yet) and am giving an opinion. But opinion based on some real knowledge about how things stand in Europe as a whole (not only EU members countries). Damn, I have to find some time for the reports.
Nice post. See. This not something I'd know obviously. And very interesting. When I have time I'll examine the data again to see if it concurs with your opinion. I've become quite the expert on their fucking spreadsheets and what all the data actually means!

While I get what you're saying though: I'd still have expected Spain to have the purest around regardless. That's not the case.

Last edited:
I give myself the obligation to read the report in next 24 hours. I wanna know is my hunch and info is in accordance with real world data. If you get to the informations about purity sooner please write it @dalpat077 . My guess is, as I said, that purest cocaine is in England, Belgium and Netherlands. Off to sleep now. It's been a hectic night. :sleep:

I have read the report, and it is all fairly predictable. UK is out of the EU so it doesn't show up (The United Kingdom left the European Union as of 1 February 2020 and is not included in the analysis presented in this report.). The other two states I have mentioned, Belgium and Netherlands are high in cocaine intake (along with Spain) and cocaine seizures (and all other stimulants/sex party drugs).

"Cocaine The BE loads observed in wastewater indicate that cocaine use remains highest in western and southern European cities, in particular in cities in Belgium, the Netherlands and Spain."
-from "Wastewater analysis and drugs: a European multi-city study" Link to PDF of a study (to make it more practical for all that are interested)

So my hunch about where it is used the most is generally ok.

"In 2019, EU Member States reported 98 000 seizures of cocaine amounting to 213 tonnes (177 tonnes in 2018. Belgium (65 tonnes), the Netherlands (44 tonnes) and Spain (38 tonnes) together accounted for 69 % of the total quantity seized."
-from "European drug report 2021: Trends and developments" Link to PDF of a study

Regarding where it was seized the most, again the same states. This doesn't say where it comes in without seizures though (most corrupt countries).

Still haven't found data where (cocaine) is ranked by country/purity. I will probably need some help with this. :)
Nice post. See. This not something I'd know obviously. And very interesting. When I have time I'll examine the data again to see if it concurs with your opinion. I've become quite the expert on their fucking spreadsheets and what all the data actually means!

This part reveals a lot and muddies the waters at the same time:

"Cocaine was the substance most frequently submitted for testing to drug checking services in 14 European cities between January and June 2020. The average purity of cocaine samples was 60 % (69 % during the same period in 2019), with one in every three samples containing 80 % cocaine or more."

This is an indication that purity is high in bulk and if ordered online (DNMs). People who buy coke on the street do not send it to be tested. They send it right up their nose and go buy some more. This suggests a big discrepancy between what most people actually consume and purity data averaged in this way. I may be wrong with this hypothesis, but I've got a strong feeling that this is the case. In the past 5 years, I have even come to learn a new term that was not around here before "street coke", which implies coke cut to the shit and sold at a low price. This type of cocaine is the bulk of what people snort from Friday to Sunday at weekend parties around here.

Regarding heroin (opioids) which paints a clearer picture for cocaine also:

"EU Member States reported 26 000 heroin seizures amounting to 7.9 tonnes in 2019. Large quantities were reported by Belgium (1.9 tonnes), Bulgaria (0.8 tonnes), France (1 tonne), the Netherlands (1.3 tonnes) and Slovenia (0.8 tonnes)."

Now we are closer to what is a public secret around these parts. North Adriatic sea, ports in the area where Slovenia and Croatia have borders (land and sea), are known to be entry points for cocaine as well as heroin. It is just that corrupt politicians and secret services are more inclined to let the drugs in and not to seize. Usage of submarines from ex-Yu military is well documented and even places where cocaine is unloaded are known. The only problem is that nobody here gives a fuck. Politicians, police, and secret services are probably well paid from more respected EU member countries to just let it all in. That's the reason why the Balkan mafia is growing in its power and grip in Europe.

All in all this report is very vague cause differences from country to country are enormous in the EU.

But one country where all coke/mdma/(meth)amphetamine heads meat and party stands out - Belgium, where the capital of EU is. Who would have guessed? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read the report, and it is all fairly predictable. UK is out of the EU so it doesn't show up (The United Kingdom left the European Union as of 1 February 2020 and is not included in the analysis presented in this report.). The other two states I have mentioned, Belgium and Netherlands are high in cocaine intake (along with Spain) and cocaine seizures (and all other stimulants/sex party drugs).

"Cocaine The BE loads observed in wastewater indicate that cocaine use remains highest in western and southern European cities, in particular in cities in Belgium, the Netherlands and Spain."
-from "Wastewater analysis and drugs: a European multi-city study" Link to PDF of a study (to make it more practical for all that are interested)

So my hunch about where it is used the most is generally ok.

"In 2019, EU Member States reported 98 000 seizures of cocaine amounting to 213 tonnes (177 tonnes in 2018. Belgium (65 tonnes), the Netherlands (44 tonnes) and Spain (38 tonnes) together accounted for 69 % of the total quantity seized."
-from "European drug report 2021: Trends and developments" Link to PDF of a study

Regarding where it was seized the most, again the same states. This doesn't say where it comes in without seizures though (most corrupt countries).

Still haven't found data where (cocaine) is ranked by country/purity. I will probably need some help with this. :)

This part reveals a lot and muddies the waters at the same time:

"Cocaine was the substance most frequently submitted for testing to drug checking services in 14 European cities between January and June 2020. The average purity of cocaine samples was 60 % (69 % during the same period in 2019), with one in every three samples containing 80 % cocaine or more."

This is an indication that purity is high in bulk and if ordered online (DNMs). People who buy coke on the street do not send it to be tested. They send it right up their nose and go buy some more. This suggests a big discrepancy between what most people actually consume and purity data averaged in this way. I may be wrong with this hypothesis, but I've got a strong feeling that this is the case. In the past 5 years, I have even come to learn a new term that was not around here before "street coke", which implies coke cut to the shit and sold at a low price. This type of cocaine is the bulk of what people snort from Friday to Sunday at weekend parties around here.

Regarding heroin (opioids) which paints a clearer picture for cocaine also:

"EU Member States reported 26 000 heroin seizures amounting to 7.9 tonnes in 2019. Large quantities were reported by Belgium (1.9 tonnes), Bulgaria (0.8 tonnes), France (1 tonne), the Netherlands (1.3 tonnes) and Slovenia (0.8 tonnes)."

Now we are closer to what is a public secret around these parts. North Adriatic sea, ports in the area where Slovenia and Croatia have borders (land and sea), are known to be entry points for cocaine as well as heroin. It is just that corrupt politicians and secret services are more inclined to let the drugs in and not to seize. Usage of submarines from ex-Yu military is well documented and even places where cocaine is unloaded are known. The only problem is that nobody here gives a fuck. Politicians, police, and secret services are probably well paid from more respected EU member countries to just let it all in. That's the reason why the Balkan mafia is growing in its power and grip in Europe.

All in all this report is very vague cause differences from country to country are enormous in the EU.

But one country where all coke/mdma/(meth)amphetamine heads meat and party stands out - Belgium, where the capital of EU is. Who would have guessed? :ROFLMAO:
Well I'm finally here. And I commend you on your analysis and interpretation and time spent on this.

For the record: on the link below is all of the raw data used, as the basis for the actual report, in Excel format. It's pretty much a question of finding what you're looking for and simply sorting it on a column by column basis. Unfortunately: there's many instances where it doesn't tie up to the actual released report. The reasons for this are beyond me (although the actual report does seem to reference, or at least include, newer data e.g. 2020 is mentioned in the actual report in some instances).

Just some one or two comments (I don't really have that much to add):

I've still not found data indicating the purity of seizures though (of any substance). If you find it: let me know (I've stopped looking and lost interest to a degree if the truth be told).

The report itself can be confusing and in some places contradictory (if only in its wording maybe?).

How representative this data is of the actual situation I know not (I think I've mentioned this before). Each set of data is taken from another study and it doesn't appear to me that there is a standard method of data collection and reporting throughout all of the EU countries. Moreover: some of the data elements are extremely limited in number and this skews the data. And it can lead to speculation and nothing more than the hypothetical (if it's been deemed necessary to make allowances based on extrapolation due to a limited number of data elements). And in some cases there is even data missing i.e. zeros across the board. Big problem when you're calculating averages etc. (unless they're aware of this and take the same into account of course).

Obviously it helps to know a little bit of mathematics and meanings of definitions of statistical data (and possible shortcomings of the same). There's plenty of websites that address the same (good learning curve if you have the time and inclination).

From a harm reduction point of view: it indicates, to me anyway, that Fentanyl laced Cocaine and Meth. is more accidental or as a result of poor housekeeping than anything else. If you just take the average purity levels: unless there was intent on the part of dealers to kill their customers I cannot see it as being anything else. Pills and Heroin: that I can get my head around.

One other thing that stood out for me was that there were Cocaine purity levels of 100% reported (very few instances though but didn't go unnoticed). That's practicably impossible i.e. no illicit manufacturer is going to go to that amount of trouble (and even then they'd be very lucky to achieve such a result). So either there was an issue with the analysis of those particular samples, or somebody with a lot of money has set up a synthesis laboratory, or such were diverted from chemical manufacturers or pharmaceutical companies.

From any other perspective: how useful is any of this anyway. My earlier joking around on this thread aside (that went sideways as you well know): once bulk has been wholesaled and shipped who gives a fuck what happens to it let's be honest. I'm just curious as to the extent of which, if at all, South American Cocaine is adulterated with Levamisole at source (which has been purported to be the case in a few instances albeit that they're sparse). Fact or fiction (is my point). Hence my interest in purity levels of seizures and which, as noted, I don't see anywhere. It would tell a story of its own (bearing in mind there's plenty of stops along the way).

Last edited: