Writing-up Euphoric Recall: Ecstasy Memories, Music and Altered States

missbetty2010

Bluelighter
Hi All....
You are invited to participate in a study that seeks to learn more about your past clubbing and Ecstasy/MDMA experiences. This will focus on your current non drug related triggers that stimulate memories of ecstasy use. This is an interesting piece of research and I will post results when the study is complete.

I (Evelyn Hearne) am the researcher. I am an Addiction Studies Student ( in my final Year) and I am currently compiling a portfolio of Substance Use Research, in order to apply for my PhD Next year. I will be supervised by Dr Marie Claire Van Hout, (Waterford institute of technology) an addiction expert with over 13 years qualitative research and practice experience in the addictions field.
I am not collecting names or other personal identifiers – people’s identities will remain anonymous. Your participation in this study is voluntary. I will adhere to the Waterford Institute of Technology ethical guidelines for research, in terms of providing participants with information around the research aims and objectives, treating all participants with respect and inclusion and ensuring participant anonymity. Your data will not be passed on to any third party and will be used solely for the purposes of this research.

The research will collect data from today, 24/09/2013 through to 20/10/2013. The questionnaire will take roughly 30 minutes to fill out. I am looking for participants aged 30+.

If you would like to participate I can be reached at: [email protected] or alternatively through mailing system here. Also if you require any further information do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Evelyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey just to check can this questionnaire be completed online? Is it also available to people from any country? I don't fall into the age range anyway so can't complete it sadly but it'd be good for other potential participants to know :)

Good luck with the study, seems like an interesting idea. :)

Hiya i have a copyof the questionnaire its a word document, ihad originally thought i cud mail it to people here but as I am only a greenlighter it will nt allow me send attachments.. Alternatively I can be emailed and I will send it on. Yes any country can participate. :)

Well I definitely have experienced this phenomena however not from MDMA or ecstasy. This is a fascinating area of research though, so best of luck to the study!

Hiya, Yes I received your email and I replied.. maybe check your junk folder :) Delighted to have you on board:)

Hiya, I have had a great response from all at Bluelight so far guys, thank you so much. Just another week and the paper will begin writing of results :)

Terrific. Can you make sure you provide us the link to your paper so we can read it?

Thanks!