• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam

SharedHalucination

Bluelighter
Just started experimenting with this drug. I have much experience with xanax. Not serious abuse with alp but I did take it after LSD trips every week for a couple months (aprox 2x/week). Didnt experience withdrawls from the xanax.

Due to etizolam powder being MUCH cheaper than pressed alp and the fact mg for mg etiz is suppose to be about 50%weaker. Making less room for error when making my own capsules.

My question is whether this drug is a good choice for sleeping after trips. Did you find it more addictive and harder to cease intake in regards to xanax? I am currently sitting on 1g of etiz which i plan on dosing into 5mg capsules.

Any advice appreciated. Thank you!

YOU CANNOT MAKE "Capsules" of any kind. Sorry.

Best methods outlined elsewhere, though you simply cannot measure such small doses, not even close. Sorry.

You're powder is best dissolved in a proper solvent, to make a preferably diluted solution, like 1mg/ml,(maybe 1.5-2mg with Etiz) This is not great, although a better alternative.

Until you do that, don't really feel comfortable w/ dosing; and no, in pure form, Etizolam still does not have much of a "margin of error"; sources, saying it can take 1.5-3mg to equal ~1mg Alprazolam(Xanax)

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE CAPSULEs, it is pointless, cannot be measured and is simply not at all reducing harm

More than willing to help if can, though nix that(the capsules, that is, seriously.")

Seriously, be careful w/ one gram, and imo make a solution using pgp, or 50% abv ethanol, 200ml would yield presumably 5mg per ml, and start SLOW with that, and reply or search if any questions about it

Trust me capsules are silly, and inaccurate and a waste of time, and likely even dangerous

Etizolam is has been demonstrated to maintain to it's anxiolytic effects long-term(or longer than traditional benzodiazepines) and, actually becomes more effective after multiple doses.

It has a fairly fast onset, although it is sometimes referred "intermediate acting" it typically has a fast to intermediate onset/peak, although a single dose can wear off pretty fast.

Most would find it less "addicting" than alprazolam, although Etizolam actually is better after multiple doses, and probably longer term use

Anyway, please nix the capsules

Thanks for the response!

I was under the impression that 2 mg or xanax(1 bar) is eaual to 4mg of etiz. Good advice and will take it into to account.

I have a nice mg scale (not a $20-30 off amazon.) Its probably has a margin of error of 2+- mg. I realize creating a solution is the smartest route. However I am only wanting to use etiz as way to sleep after tripping hard. So whatever crashes me the fuck out after 8 hours is what I am looking for.

Little backstory. I have taken 2 xanax bars and didnt blackout/do stupid shit on more my occasions than id like to admit. So by that math 8mg of etiz should give me the same effects of 4mg of alp right?

I dont plan on ingesting regularly for fun. I just want to use it to sleep after tripping balls. So far my research shows the LD50 of etiz to be a VERY high dose.

*Disclaimer*I ALSO DONT DRIVE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF BENZOS. *Disclaimer* lol

:Edit I am borderline dyslexic

Do you have experience taking or preparing etiz soluitons?

Plenty of experience with prepping benzodiazepine solutions, although primarily C-Lam and more rarely Flualbrozlam, which are more potent.

And have experience with the Thieniodiazepine, etizolam, and the pellets

You are pretty much right in regards to ut?s Apperant potency(though w/ chronic use/multiple doses this can change, although for your purposes acute-subchronic is fine, atm) however it can vary, and is best to start slow, after that, you will have a better idea of starter dose and what works/potency

Even with a nice scale, it simply cannot tell the difference (accurately) between say, 10-15mg, and a solution will last pretty much as long as you need it to

4mg alprazolam = 7-12mg Etiz, average 8

However conversions are complex, and especially w/ etizolam, cross tolerance could possibly be reduced;

If you could dose w/ any accuracy, literally start w/ half the dose; prior to that recommend trying a low dose as a ?tester?; when you use it for a full dose, start w/ half, so let?s say 4ng at most

After that, wait a couple hours, to get a feel for it?s effects. It may work for your purpose. Otherwise, take a second dose if you feel it?s needed, and try keeping it to maybe 3mg; it has a fairly fast onset, so if start with 4mg, and within two hours take a bit more, it should work just fine

These are based on the fact that you want to take 8mg; recommendation is 7mg max first time, in divided doses, and only after a small tester dose. Remember when switching the dose is often cut to 75%, at least initially.

Less experienced w/comedowns, however it is kinda like a cross between Valium and Xanax to me, with properties of lorazepam(or vice verse)

Point being, it will work, although 4mg xanax without tolerance/dependency is a HIGH dose; it is like ~80mg Valium, or alternatively 8mg lorazepam or at least 120mg clorazepate(Nordazepam, effectively) except it wears off faster than lorazepam or clorazepate

Tread lightly, and try a smaller dose first

Please, if you need advice on making a solution, just ask. Have posted about it myself, and the search engine may work, however by all means ask

Be careful

Edit: Sorry for long post, though to add, for me a single dose takes effect fairly quickly, and fast-intermediate peak; and it was relaxing, and in higher doses, surprisingly hypnotic, If recall- Potentcy among some formulations varied, however the best were similar in potency to lorazepam, except maybe partially because of faster onset, they could feel more relaxing, , although they wear off quickly, at first. After multiple doses it holds better and is a bit more effective, though only dabbled in it

Last edited:
^ Well they are not just opinions, some are facts; it is a fact that cross tolerance, especially since Etizolam is technically a thienodiazepine, not a benzodiazepine, is not always cross tolerance.

And different sources give conversions

And Etizolam produces an active metabolite... And has been demonstrated to maintain anxyiolysis compared to bzd?s

And you cannot accurately measure out doses for capsules, just ask Scrofula

I think "half the potency of Xanax" might be low-balling it... 5 mg of Etizolam is probably closer to 3-3.5 mg of Alprazolam.

Anyway, as Sharedhallucination already stated, 5 mg is too small an amount to reliably fill into capsules using a Gemini-20. I mean sure, it is a perfectly acceptable scale for measuring, say, 100 mg of MDMA for a molly capsule, or ~30 mg of 4-AcO-DMT, but it's really not accurate enough for anything below 20mg... definitely not for 5mg. That's when you have to use volumetric dosing.

Plus, 5 mg is way too much as a single dose of Etiz (as I said, it's easily equivalent to one-and-a-half xanax bars) to begin with, unless you've already got serious tolerance.
Sure, it can rapidly kill the residual stimulation of an acid trip, but if you don't decide to go to sleep right away, 5mg of Etizolam might already disinhibit you to the point of what I call "runaway re-dosing" - where you either forget you already took your dose, or you lose your ability to resist the urge to re-dose. Reddit is full of horror stories of people blacking out and waking up 24 hours later behind the wheel of their crashed car, having consumed more than a hundred mg of Etiz before finally losing consciousness.
And yes, that also implies that etizolam's potential for abuse and dependence is similar to that of alprazolam.

Wow guys, more info than I thought possible.

About dosing capsules: not with neat benzo you can't. You could fill it with diluted powder, but diluting powders of a drug with this potency can't be done safely at home.

If you've ever done any baking, you know what it takes to get all your flour beat in--you never do, there's always at least some dust on the walls of your bowl. Now figure that last bit you missed is a 4x lethal dose. All going in to one cookie/capsule. No one mentioned diluting powders, but I like my metaphor.

I have taken 2 xanax bars and didnt blackout/do stupid shit on more my occasions than id like to admit. So by that math 8mg of etiz should give me the same effects of 4mg of alp right?

The times a person did a barely sub-lethal dose and survived do not establish benchmarks for dosing new drugs, especially ones of a slightly different class, targeting slightly different brain regions, with an active metabolite that means very different kinetics. It's easier to survive an overdose with a drug that wears off a lot sooner.

I didn't mean to pick on you too hard, OP, it's just an easy point.

In conclusion, I've never had too much trouble after LSD. Yeah, you can be done with it and tired, can't quite get to sleep, but I never saw a need for black-out doses of benzo after a trip.

On this day, we remember a great man's words on tolerance. Or try to, memory's not so good on this many RC benzos. Something, something, tolerance. For posters who don't follow simple explanations and RP or PM.

And so, as Dr. King said, don't leave the thread closed just as passive-aggressive BS. "But Dr. King, I have other reasons, OP doesn't know what he's doing." Dr. King: "just open the fucking thread, let other people yell at him."

Who am I to argue with that?

[reopened]

I also agree that 2:1 etizolam to Xanax ratio is a little high, though the effects are subjectively different I found. I'd equate 3mg etizolam to 2mg Xanax for general disire d effects.

I'm sure you already know this but have your dose ready and the rest securely put away, before the acid trip, as the runaway dosing is def a problem for some..

Thanks for the input everyone!

I am fully aware of dealing with substances that are potent on the single digit mg. I honestly just have a hard time sleeping after an LSD dose. Ive tried melotonin (layed in a pitch black room for 1 hour and was wide awake the entire time.)

I used to buy alprazolam in PG solution but that connect is now gone. And I refuse to pay [too much] or 2mg xanax barz lmao. My only issue with alp in PG is that, for one it tastes like straight ass so I put it in capsules but the PG would dissolve the gel caps in like 10 minutes so its not very practical on the go. Id need to carry a bottle of alp in PG, gel caps, and a ml syringe to dose myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
great advice here for sure. Volumentric dosing via PPG solution is by far the most reliable and therefore safe way to measure doses of benzo powders, but nonetheless I have successfully measured and capped etizolam on my Gemini-20 scale by scaling up the weight to an accurate leveland then eyeballing: 10mg-20mg carefully eyeballed each measured pile drawn into a line and cutting and dividing into equal-sized segments. I cap each segment of this line, effectively capping divisions of a known weight. They are imperfect but when i weigh them out once inside the capsule the weight they show generally conforms to what I planned out. the scale may be ineffective at sub 5mg masses but they are surprisingly accurate above that. eyeballing may be less safe than volumetric but at least etizolam is not a hyper-potent benzo like some of these other ones we're seeing, small differences of 1-2 mg aren't going to kill this guy as long as he is planning on going to sleep and is not combining this with any other depressant. This method I mention would be the only other way I'd advise to measure out powder of a substance in this dosage range. I wouldn't do it with anything sub-miligram or long lasting.

also my advice is start small - 1mg etiz pills used to knock me out back in the old days. it is not something you want to get hooked on by any means. with regular usage tolerance is a given.

Yo yo, just a heads up.. a dose of .5mg of etizo has the same potency as 1mg Xanax/ 10mg Valium and has a wayy higher euphoria. Just be smart with it, especially if your buying the pure powder. 1mg is like the equivalent to a couple grains of salt or less. Enjoy nether-less!

^ Wait what? Everything I have read on etiz has stated that alprazolam is a more potent benzo..

Well I weighed out 10mg of etiz then eyeball split it in half today just for self experimenting lol. Made two caps so approx 4-5mg per capsule. Took one and felt great. Didnt get the yawns or laziness like I get from xanax bars.
Actually ended up asking this girl out on a date for Friday night. No anxiety about it whatsoever. If she said no, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. So far I think I like etiz more than alp. We'll see how well it helps sleeping after tripping ballz.

I agree with you all about preparing benzo's by volumetric dosing as far as harm reduction [redacted bullshit].

Last edited by a moderator: