• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Etizolam - Which Benzo is it an Analogue of?

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
I know Etizolam is a thienodiazepine, not a benzodiazepine, this is the reason why it's legal/semi-legal in alot of places.

If the thieno part was replaced with benzene making it a benzodiazepine which benzo would the Etizolam become?

That's assuming that said benzo' is already in use.

Gosh thats a hard one (and my chemistry is shabby) because etizolam has a thiophene ring and a triazole ring so it's not really a matter of taking the thiophene ring out and subbing in a benzene one and seeing what happens. It's because they react at the GABAa receptor you will find it has "similar" effects to diazepam or alprazolam. I'm not sure if I could compare this molecule objectively to the others because molecular chemistry baffles me...

I could only offer you subjective opinions 'cause I guess everyone responds differently to a stressful situation or even if it's just a Sunday night chill with a beer. For me the closest I can think of (not in terms of structure) is diazepam, in terms of sedation and muscle relaxation. In terms of etizolam's weird, mild sense of euphoria and its brief "uppiness" when you first eat it - I can't think of a thieno or benzo that does that. I guess alprazolam would be a close candidate but for me, all alprazolam did for me was make me sink into my armchair and then feel weirdly aggressive, so I have nothing to offer but subjectivity I'm afraid!

I'm not aware of any benzos with an ethyl substitution on the benzo ring, but I guess the closest structurally would be triazolam, which has chloro instead of ethyl substitution on the ring. Alprazolam is also quite similar, lacking one chlorine on the other phenyl ring.

So it's either triazolam or alprazolam?

Is there any websites where you get over lay 2D pic's of molecule's to compare them?

Erowid has a feature kinda like this, but it's a side by side comparison and they don't have etizolam in the molecule's that you can compare.

Wiki has 2D structures for the benzos mentioned, I think that's enough for comparison. If you want 3D models, then you have to look elsewhere. Anyway, I don't really understand what you're trying to get from this information - I hope you're not trying to draw some conclusions about pharmacology of etizolam based on structural similarity because it's not that simple.