• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ether - To Inhale or Drink?

blowjay

Bluelighter
I have acquired a bit of anhydrous diethyl ether and am planning on having some fun with it and have read that it could be ingested.

Does anyone have any experience drinking ether?

I would like to know doses if I can, I know it smells sweet but I just am not sure about investing it.

I am probably not going to drink it, apparently it hangs around in smell after drinking it and I don't need to smell of solvent for too long.

I shall inhale it then. Anyone have ether stories?

It will smell just as much after inhaling it, if the dosage is the same. Water-insoluble liquids are difficult to swallow and can be choked on in the worst case, ether dissolves in water to a solution of less than 5 mass-%, so it can be dissolved in a large water volume and then drunk. The dosage of diethyl ether is said to be between 5 and 15 milliliters. Combining it with opiates or benzos is dangerous, just like when using alcohol. You may have a stomach ache next day, both after inhalation and drink use, because it irritates your GI tract. Ether will also cause a disulfiram-alcohol reaction if taken after Antabuse, so it's not a magic trick to get drunk in that situation (this probably isn't relevant in your case). It is very flammable and can be ignited by just static electricity if you're unlucky. Storing it for long time can result in explosive peroxides accumulating in the bottom of the bottle.

It will smell just as much after inhaling it, if the dosage is the same. Water-insoluble liquids are difficult to swallow and can be choked on in the worst case, ether dissolves in water to a solution of less than 5 mass-%, so it can be dissolved in a large water volume and then drunk. The dosage of diethyl ether is said to be between 5 and 15 milliliters. Combining it with opiates or benzos is dangerous, just like when using alcohol. You may have a stomach ache next day, both after inhalation and drink use, because it irritates your GI tract. Ether will also cause a disulfiram-alcohol reaction if taken after Antabuse, so it's not a magic trick to get drunk in that situation (this probably isn't relevant in your case). It is very flammable and can be ignited by just static electricity if you're unlucky. Storing it for long time can result in explosive peroxides accumulating in the bottom of the bottle.
Thanks for the reply, it isn't my first time with ether but it has been about 10 years. I will be sure to take your advice with it and be careful.

I've only inhaled in a homemade apparatus (a glass jar with a tube and an intake hole, inside of which is an ether soaked rag). Can't comment on its ingestion.