Estradiol 49 ouch.. how bad is that?

FallenOne86

Bluelighter
So my lab results came in and my Estrodial is 49 and the reference range is no higher than 39 so as a 37 year old male should I be worried that it's that high? My doctor has me on 100mgs Test Cyp weekly been on it for over 8 years now TRT. My Testosterone was 541 and the free testosterone was .84 so what do you guys think? Shitty results or nothing to worry about ?

Why do you think he doesn't know any better?
Because if he cared at all about my health then he'd also bump up my dose and get me to 200 mgs a week of Test Cyp or at least 150 a week so my number would go up rather than being stuck in the 500s. if my total test was 700, 800, 900+ I'd probably have more energy and be in a better mood over all. And if my free test was higher than .84 I'm sure my sense of well being would be much more apparent and I wouldn't be so lethargic and moody all the time. And I'm moody probably because of the high estrogen.

Do you have depression, has your libido crashed, do you have issues getting hard?

If you feel fine and have none of these issues I wouldn't be overly concerned.

If you have these issues take .5mg arimidex once a week for a month then u should be good as gold.

Just the depression part I guess but libido is through the roof and my wife is definitely pleased lol she can't catch up with me but I know she can't complain. I do tend to stress a lot more than usual. Could high stress play a factor as well or not really that much as far as estrodial goes? Or maybe I should split my dose and pin 50mgs on Monday then wait 3 days to pin the other so it doesn't spike up and crash by the weekend?

Current clinical recs are not to use test supp for fatigue or libido. Must have low test to get TRT and he prob checked your t lvl and its fine at current dose

There may be other issues causing the mood changes

49 ain't that bad. Also your total t is fine. 500 to 700 is what's expected for trt typically from a non trt clinic.

Also enjoy estrogen, it ain't bad for you if you aren't having problems because of it (fatigue and depression aren't good indicators). Estrogen us beneficial to your lipids and acts positively on the brain as a neuro steroid providing neuroprotective effects. Not to mention typically helps with synovial fluid and joints.

Just the depression part I guess but libido is through the roof and my wife is definitely pleased lol she can't catch up with me but I know she can't complain. I do tend to stress a lot more than usual. Could high stress play a factor as well or not really that much as far as estrodial goes? Or maybe I should split my dose and pin 50mgs on Monday then wait 3 days to pin the other so it doesn't spike up and crash by the weekend?

yeah if ur wood is good and u r horny leave it as mentioned above estrogen is important in men.

once a week test Cypionate or eth is fine.

I've experienced high estrogen with dead dick, no libido and severe depression. Pure hell. Thats when u got to take action.

Your numbers aren't terrible. Even on TRT, I try to keep my E2 below 70 because that seems to be my optimal. Last week I forgot to take my AI and E2 went to 110, I felt like shit. Your mileage may vary.

You have to go by symptoms and not just numbers because each man has different androgen receptor sensitivity. Some men need less T to activate the receptors than others. My normal and your normal can look different, as long as we are both within the T reference range.

I would say, keep an eye on your T. Because you are over 35, get it re-tested once a year. Make sure you get it tested in the morning before 9am for the most accuracy. Try to get it tested around the same time every time to establish the baseline. If, between now and, say, age 40, the numbers keep dropping, then that could justify TRT. But you have to have the symptoms as well.

Based on symptoms it doesn't sound like you need TRT. However, to be fair, most GPs won't Rx TRT even if you do need it.

Your numbers aren't terrible. Even on TRT, I try to keep my E2 below 70 because that seems to be my optimal. Last week I forgot to take my AI and E2 went to 110, I felt like shit. Your mileage may vary.

You have to go by symptoms and not just numbers because each man has different androgen receptor sensitivity. Some men need less T to activate the receptors than others. My normal and your normal can look different, as long as we are both within the T reference range.

I would say, keep an eye on your T. Because you are over 35, get it re-tested once a year. Make sure you get it tested in the morning before 9am for the most accuracy. Try to get it tested around the same time every time to establish the baseline. If, between now and, say, age 40, the numbers keep dropping, then that could justify TRT. But you have to have the symptoms as well.

Based on symptoms it doesn't sound like you need TRT. However, to be fair, most GPs won't Rx TRT even if you do need it.
I'm one of those guys that can get away with higher estradiol without negative issues and honestly I'm glad that I am. The higher my e2 is, I prefer mine in the 50+ish range, I feel better. I'm happy, horny, energized, joints feel great, skin looks great, sleeping wonderfully, and strong.

I'll take even high estro symptoms over low symptoms any day of the week as I know what it feels like to crush them into single digits.

Edit to add: e2 is also very important for healthier fat deposit patterns (less visceral fat) but also a major player for fat loss as well which is why we see post menopausal women with issues in weight loss

I'm one of those guys that can get away with higher estradiol without negative issues and honestly I'm glad that I am. The higher my e2 is, I prefer mine in the 50+ish range, I feel better. I'm happy, horny, energized, joints feel great, skin looks great, sleeping wonderfully, and strong.

I'll take even high estro symptoms over low symptoms any day of the week as I know what it feels like to crush them into single digits.

Edit to add: e2 is also very important for healthier fat deposit patterns (less visceral fat) but also a major player for fat loss as well which is why we see post menopausal women with issues in weight loss

I definitely would choose high E2 over low as well. Low feels wayyy worse than too high.