• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Essential Tremor

I’m wondering if any of you have ended up with Essential Tremor after you quit taking opioid medications, or during or after tapering off of opioids with Suboxone.
First question: sorry but is there there any other meds involved?
Buy the looks of responses this may not seem opioid induce at all and may be some will correct this.
Sounds neurotic to me but not a dc and wanted to be at least a physical therapist.

It is, in that Essential Tremor is strictly involuntary. A person can notice that they are moving their legs and stop doing it.
Control of this activity (or any imo/e) is promising.
Practice this and may a doc can help, or early at least offer an explanation... any traumas lately?

Last edited:
First question: sorry but is there there any other meds involved?
Buy the looks of responses this may not seem opioid induce at all and may be some will correct this.
Sounds neurotic to me but not a dc and wanted to be at least a physical therapist.

Control of this activity (or any imo/e) is promising.
Practice this and may a doc can help, or early at least offer an explanation... any traumas lately?
No other meds involved, but I took pain meds out of necessity for a solid decade, then my best friend died (car wreck) and I checked into a place to quit taking the opioids and that’s where the Essential Tremor began. I was in hospital 3 weeks after he died. I was dealing with the opioid withdrawal, and also a VERY strong loss of my absolute one friend I had in this world. I can’t tell if my Essential Tremor was begun as a result of losing him, or withdrawals, or both. Perhaps you could google what ET is and read about it.

I had a tremor for more than two months after stopping morphine (high dose poppy pod powder). Caffeine made the tremor worse, alcohol (a lot of it...) stopped the shaking completely. It was quite visible in my hands, especially in the morning after my first coffee. I think it is excess adrenaline, simply a part of withdrawal.

I had a tremor for more than two months after stopping morphine (high dose poppy pod powder). Caffeine made the tremor worse, alcohol (a lot of it...) stopped the shaking completely. It was quite visible in my hands, especially in the morning after my first coffee. I think it is excess adrenaline, simply a part of withdrawal.
That’s interesting. My situation began in 2007. It was pretty bad at first. Folks in the rehab called me Mr Bobblehead. It lasted at that level for 6 months, and then it calmed down to the level it remains to this day. When I pay attention to it, I can feel the tremor coursing through my body.

I was diagnosed with this ages ago propanonol I know I spelled that wrong helps but I only take it if I want to draw or paint or put on makeup
I worry about it getting worse over the years bc it’s significantly more pronounced then it was 10yrs ago

i thought for a long time the shaking hands were a med side effect but it wasn’t

it also worries me bc there are neuro psychiatric symptoms as well and I can’t even think about that

the worst is with strangers saying don’t me nervous sweetie and I just smile
I used to explain it is essential tremor and it is a condition I have and blah blah blah but I could see no one understood or believed or maybe even cared

edited to add this had nothing to do with suboxone for me it was diagnosed before I had even touched opioids
Thank you for your response. I’ll take a look at that medication and see how it works.