• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Escitalopram (Lexapro) vs. Benzo's

I started taking escitalopram over 6 mon ths ago, for me its a godsend... i started doing sport, doing less drugs, found a stable (non-druggie) girlfriend, and i just generaaly feel a lot better atm, partly becoz of this molecule....

either way, neither of them will treat the root of ur anxiety, u need to do therapy for that

Question/Comment

I started taking escitalopram over 6 mon ths ago, for me its a godsend... i started doing sport, doing less drugs, found a stable (non-druggie) girlfriend, and i just generaaly feel a lot better atm, partly becoz of this molecule....

either way, neither of them will treat the root of ur anxiety, u need to do therapy for that

This is exactly what i hope to be saying in 6weeks. Im finally giving the lexapro a try and I hope it helps me manage my chemical dependencies and anhedonia. Does anyone know if Lexapro interacts with amphetamine or Buprenorphine? My diet also includes: Kava,Phenibut,Valerian, Melatonin, Caffeine, Nicotine, and Diphenhydramine

Would love an update(phatass)

I took Celexa for a while (which is citalopram, and since Lexapro is just an isomer of citalopram I imagine it's basically the same thing, for all intents and purpose). It was prescribed for anxiety and anxiety-related insomnia. Didn't help. I didn't notice an increase or a decrease in my levels of anxiety, although the infamous sexual side effects, I did get those. It became virtually impossible for me to climax while on that drug (things went back to normal soon after I quit taking it).

Benzodiazepines on the other hand...well, clonazepam is my all time second favorite drug after cannabis, I'll just say that. I feel zero need to abuse it but it's also highly effective.