• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Erowid reports HIGHLY EXAGGERATED????

Brian242

Bluelighter
Now, am I the only one who thinks the trip reports section of Erowid is WAYYYYY exaggerated?

For example, a pseudoreport for caffeine:

"As I felt my body being submerged underwater...I took a breath, it was pure energy. I realized that noone on this earth is here for a reason, and we are all blind to the greater power. My heart rate was elevated at this point, which really scared me shitless, but nonetheless, I felt a need to finish the cup. I down the rest at +T1:00, to have the center of my back slide with neon energy, as I viewed my body from above. These revelations have changed my life, and I will never forget that morning"

Of course, thats extreme...but you've all read them. You know what im saying.
Why do people feel the need to lie about having strong experiences on drugs? I have never been that fucked up, and ive sampled many a few chemicals.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I've realized that some are more exaggerated than the others. I guess some people think they have to decorate their reports with poetic details to make them enjoyable, which is somewhat untrue, but eh...what can we do.

I'll agree that that one is a load of bollocks haha. He had a strong dose of placebo. =D

Reports get rated though, and the ones on top are usually "accurate" enough. These experiences can be very subjective afterall. (Not saying this is the case here, lol.) You have to be able to distinguish the, "placebo-reports" so to speak. I always research & discuss on BL first, then check out erowid for some reports & facts.

Also, often a trip-report is about a first time use or about one specific strong 'trip', pretty much always the most intense experience they have had with the substance. Putting an extremely fun, hellish or simply intense drug-experience in words isn't that easy without making it sound super-intense.

I for one like how the trip reports are written. The emotions described throughout the experience are often explained as well as one can explain them to someone who hasn't experienced it for him/herself. That's why they may sound like exaggerations. There are friends of mine who have stronger experiences on lower doses of the same drug than me. So once again it's pretty subjective..

But, as you say, there is alot of bullshit on there too..

I mean come on. Some of those reports are so unbelievable if you know what i mean

Read the Erowid Reports FAQ, there's no way for them to verify the reports submitted. They also get thousands and thousands of reports, only a small percentage are actually published...

Well you guys have clearly never tripped balls on your morning coffee. We have a word for you where I come from: newbs.

But really it's not like there's an Erowid fact checking group that shows up and kidnapps people I the middle of the night and gives them a lie detector test.

Whose going to help me start said fact checking Gestapo?

only a small percentage are actually published...

Was very surprised to see a list like this though.
Obviously you need to have a look ASAP as it will change as time goes by.
I'll take a screen shot for those who missed seeing in time (see link below just so you know the pic is genuine , it is just so bizarre.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.cgi?New

erowid-1.jpg

Now that is a shitload of MDMA - 8(

Last edited:
^Wow, I didn't know that many reports get submitted every day. No one can blame erowid crew if some false/bad tripreports get through imo, lol.

Some people just seem to feel things way more intensely than most other people. I knew a guy who would get shit-faced from 4 beers, to the point where he was stumbling & falling all over. He'd totally zone out after 2 or 3 tokes of weed.

I also think in some cases there's a strong placebo effect due to high or unrealistic expectations.

Then again there's those egotistic idiots who just totally exaggerate.

Can't remember what it was called but a group of women stuffing drugs up their vj was quite hilarious.

Yeah i remember that one. It was about vaginal administration of different drugs as compared to rectal administration.

Women's slumber parties are even dirtier than what us guys imagine!

Yeah i remember that one. It was about vaginal administration of different drugs as compared to rectal administration.

Women's slumber parties are even dirtier than what us guys imagine!

Hey, I'm a female and wouldn't go to THAT party... no effin way, hahaha

A lot of the stuff on erowid is BS. A lot.

Not just the reports. Some dose charts are plain stupid to follow. And even on every single dose chart you get the "2 hours plateau" "30 mins plateau". I'm sorry but the plateau for a substance is one millisecond there is no plateau, effects go up up up then down down down. So much for harm reduction---

Can't remember what it was called but a group of women stuffing drugs up their vj was quite hilarious.

Hahaha, if any of you come across it ever again, please post link. Sounds like a laugh. :p

I read a report a long time ago about chocolate or cocoa maybe but it was the funniest shit i ever read in my life.

"When i bit into the chocolate i got such a rush"

STFU bitch.. its chocolate !!

Some of the reports are just unreadable with all that spiritual, poetic imagery rubbish. You can generally tell within the first few lines and I usually skip it.

The thing that pisses me off with erowid reports is every authors' need to list every drug they've ever taken at the start. It really doesn't add much.