Erase my thumbprint from this site...

somnilicious

Bluelighter
Could somebody please help with making the Somni profile disappear from this site. I wish to have all ties with this this place cut as if I had never participated.... Thank You.

Could somebody please help with making the Somni profile disappear from this site. I wish to have all ties with this this place cut as if I had never participated.... Thank You.
hey bro unfortunately you're going to have to delete all your posts in order to do that, then the profile will be eaten by Jabberwocky

but the only way to literally delete your posts is for you to manually do it

you can spam it by clicking delete then hitting enter/spacebar, you don't have to enter a reason for deletion

Or if you don't care about making the posts go away individually then it'll just be eaten by jabberwocky so your profile will disappear

i'm having flashbacks to the guy who started deleting his posts, many hundreds pretty fast, then gave up after a certain point i think.

i'm for being able to take back our data, easily, also wish it wasn't so easy to delete a soundcloud account :/

I'm just curious. I am going to assume that the owners could totally obliterate our presence on here. But with people making accounts, making 1000 or more posts over the years, then just wanting to say OK, I'm done I can totally understand why they can't help people all the time. In other words, I agree with the mantra that if you want to go bye bye we will miss you but you have to delete all of your own posts. Might make ya think twice next time before sharing your private life on the internet.

However, what I am curious about is there a magic button you can push if one were to say.......donate $500 ?

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in? 😐

Hidden away in some random and obscure thread titled Info Bluelight Support FAQ (might be in this forum, just maybe...possibly even stickied, idunno). In there, you might come across the following:

How do I delete my account & posts?

You can delete your own posts... one at a time. Use the search engine to show all posts created by yourself, open each one, and click the 'delete' button at the bottom of the post. The delete option is there, and from that point onwards you'll know what to do. You're awesome enough to be reading this FAQ, so we have every faith in you.

However, your general awesomeness does not extend to deleting posts in closed or archived threads. The board software does not allow users to edit or remove their contributions when a thread is closed or archived. As such, you'll need to PM the forum moderators and ask them to do it. If you've already deleted the bulk of your other posts, the moderators should do this for you - although it remains at their discretion. If you get no joy via this route, feel free to report the posts in question and bring it to the attention of other staff members.

To address account deletion, use the 'Contact Us' page indicating your username and request it. This is sent directly to the admin. We should get back to you shortly. Please note that deletion of the account with removal of all posts can only be done if an account has 25 or fewer posts. For accounts with more content, your username and e-mail address will be removed, but any posts you have not already deleted will stay in place at the time of your account anonymisation, under an anonymous username. Also, we cannot remove quotes of your content (and username) by other users.

Please note that last paragraph.

I am assuming if you open up your wallet enough the admins would maybe help out haha.
I really don't think it's even about money, probably more of a principal and possibly coding limitations.

Deleting mass posts is bound to break entire threads and take away their context, it kinda goes against what a traditional forum is, I guess :/

BL is not really a traditional forum, but it is? I don't know. I'm split on the issue I can see it both ways.

Yeah. I would think that just an email to an admin and having them absorb it into Jabberwocky would be ideal. Easy peasy and no deleting thousands of posts one at a time. I was just joshing about the $500.

However I am seriously considering donating the $25 to change my name. I made Pumpkin in haste and it isn't really me. It's my dogs name and what I use for Netflix, hulu, banking, emails....etc

Those sites are generic but I have come to find BL more personal than other random logins. Pumpkin doesn't define me but I'm not sure what does. I often try to analyze others names on here or anagram them thinking their name is embedded somehow. Some are obvious( names of drugs ) plus another word but some are not so apparent. So after 8 months I am thinking about changing my name to something that I feel defines me on BL. Trouble is I'm not sure what does.

I named my dog Pumpkin because I got her 3 days before Halloween and one of her brindle colors was a burnt orange but my BL personality is not a pumpkin. It defines and fits her well but I gotta get another handle. Guess since it's almost October I will keep it through the Fall season ( leaves are changing here btw ) then change it Nov. 1.

I thought you can't delete past posts as a regular bluelighter after the edit post time limit has expired?

We can delete our posts anytime. I understand that when you edit one that if you want to do a 2nd edit you wouldn't be able to after 5 minutes ( or something like that ) And of course if we are quoted those can't be deleted. Just what I understand though, not sure.

I thought you can't delete past posts as a regular bluelighter after the edit post time limit has expired?

'Ninja edits' are those we do in the first few minutes and don't show up as having edited the post, it's just the post as original posted.

Coming back after those few minutes, either hours, weeks, years later, you CAN still edit or delete your post. Unless the thread has been locked (I think). You may also be thinking of the 'archive' sub-forums we used to have which were pretty much locked from edits, but we've done away with those and keep the golden oldie threads in with the main population these days.

'Ninja edits' are those we do in the first few minutes and don't show up as having edited the post, it's just the post as original posted.

Coming back after those few minutes, either hours, weeks, years later, you CAN still edit or delete your post. Unless the thread has been locked (I think). You may also be thinking of the 'archive' sub-forums we used to have which were pretty much locked from edits, but we've done away with those and keep the golden oldie threads in with the main population these days.

I had no idea.

Can one's post also be deleted if there are other posts that come after it?

I've known other forum software to only allow a person to come back and delete a post if theirs is the most recent in a thread.

Yeah. I would think that just an email to an admin and having them absorb it into Jabberwocky would be ideal. Easy peasy and no deleting thousands of posts one at a time. I was just joshing about the $500.

However I am seriously considering donating the $25 to change my name. I made Pumpkin in haste and it isn't really me. It's my dogs name and what I use for Netflix, hulu, banking, emails....etc

Those sites are generic but I have come to find BL more personal than other random logins. Pumpkin doesn't define me but I'm not sure what does. I often try to analyze others names on here or anagram them thinking their name is embedded somehow. Some are obvious( names of drugs ) plus another word but some are not so apparent. So after 8 months I am thinking about changing my name to something that I feel defines me on BL. Trouble is I'm not sure what does.

I named my dog Pumpkin because I got her 3 days before Halloween and one of her brindle colors was a burnt orange but my BL personality is not a pumpkin. It defines and fits her well but I gotta get another handle. Guess since it's almost October I will keep it through the Fall season ( leaves are changing here btw ) then change it Nov. 1.
I had the same problem. I just kinda hastily made a username, probably high or something, 10 years ago not really thinking I was gonna stick around and take the site seriously. Shortly after I became a mod I changed my name to deficiT and been going strong ever since. I'm definitely much happier with the name and glad I changed it.

There's gotta be a way to write a little code that can delete posts on your account... Hmm. My posts are a historical record for the ages, but you could easily write and run something... I'm sure.

There's gotta be a way to write a little code that can delete posts on your account.

From BLUA

1. interfere with service to any user or host including, without limitation, mail-bombing, flooding, and attempting to deliberately overload the system;
  2. attempt to gain unauthorized access to data, accounts or systems of this site, or probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system of this site;
Such scripts can a) run afoul of that if they mess with our database, or b) bork the server if run incorrectly. While in theory what you propose could be done, I'd recommend anyone considering doing so to NOT do so.

From BLUA

1. interfere with service to any user or host including, without limitation, mail-bombing, flooding, and attempting to deliberately overload the system;
  2. attempt to gain unauthorized access to data, accounts or systems of this site, or probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system of this site;

Such scripts can a) run afoul of that if they mess with our database, or b) bork the server if run incorrectly. While in theory what you propose could be done, I'd recommend anyone considering doing so to NOT do so.

I wouldn't want to bork things up. I mean... If it's just a little plug in that ran on my account with permission... I'm not trying to be contentious here, but I think that running something to delete an individual user's history wouldn't bork it up. Although I haven't looked at the code and thought about what the script would look like so it DEFINITELY could bork something up... Don't think like me!

I wrote one for a Reddit account and admin noticed, messaged me, but didn't tell me to stop. They just said that the "Way back machine exists" and that my post history is forever.

My thought as to how to leave Bluelight is to ask @TheLoveBandit for a name change and a removal from membership. There was a time when I needed anonymity and TLB was very helpful. The name wasn't the most flattering thing ever, but it was helpful.