Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Entourage

I'm in general disappointed with the final season so far... I'm an entourage fanatic but this season just seems different for some reason, like the writers are running out of idea or something. Is anyone else feeling this or am I alone in this world? :p

I'm in general disappointed with the final season so far... I'm an entourage fanatic but this season just seems different for some reason, like the writers are running out of idea or something. Is anyone else feeling this or am I alone in this world? :p

Too busy writing the movie imo.

Hopefully the movie sees the light of day. 8 Eps is far too short for a final season.

Yeah, has the movie even been given the green light? Come to think of it; I havn't read anything regarding confirmation. I sure hope it does get made, just to see all those characters together on the big screen would be a great experience.

I have been very disappointed with this show the past few seasons. I feel like it is now targeted at high school kids. I thought that it was maybe that I was getting older, but then remembered that a lot of the people that I know that are 3-4 years older than me had still liked it a few years ago.

I think that season 5 was its last decent season, but have overall been disappointed with it since early on in season 5. I really didn't like how season 6 started off with Vince having become famous again after Medellin bombed, and Smoke Jumpers fell apart. They never show how he actually rebuilt himself, and gave a hit performance in Gatsby. After following Vince's character for years, they just make him famous again, and just show you that he is famous again instead of showing you how he got there.

They just made it into too big of a production now, where they figure that showing the audience sex, drugs, and fame is good enough. That's why I think that the target audience is high school kids now, and the show no longer caters to the many followers that have watched it from the beginning.
They make Vince into way bigger of a star than he really is. I hated how this season started with him leaving rehab while a huge fan base was outside, and helicopters were following his exit. Come on, he's not that famous, and if you want him to be that famous, at least show me the process of him bouncing back.

I really think that HBO became very lazy with this show, which is why they didn't bother showing him making Gatsby. Instead it was just *poof* Vince is famous again. Maybe they wanted to save some time since none of the characters are getting any younger, and they wanted to finish the series before they all got too old.

They should have ended it in season 4 with Vince returning home with his tail between his legs. How much more of Ari being a dick, his wife being a hot b*tch, Lloyd being flamboyant, E being a prick, Drama being Drama, and Vince being a laid back pretty-boy can they possibly show? It's like they no longer have a good plot, so they are just trying to make the production huge now.

Is anyone actually happy with this 8th season?

I've always thought the show blows, every character reminds me of someone who I can't stand IRL

The first episode of this season sucked balls. Since then it has gotten better but not great like in past seasons. Probably because its the last season and all the best plots/writing has already been done. I think the best development of this season is watching Ari deal with the dissolution of his marriage. After years of him being this cocky, pompous agent for Vince, he is now broken down and having to deal with an uncertain future.

just finished. terrible finale. a boring wrap up. but i thought the last scene, after the credits, was in the true and original Entourage spirit.

^^Agreed, that classic Ari face when he hang's up the phone, I love it.

I was quite disappointed with the finale all in all. I was annoyed that there wasn't any development on Johnny's Bananas and it actually annoyed me that everything ended up all good with Ari and his wife. Don't get me wrong, I love Ari's wife as a character and she is smoking hot but I personally would've liked to see Ari and Dana's relationship continue and develop further.

Another thing that really grinds my gears is the fact that Vince got married. That whole side-story was so rushed aswell, you cannot make approx 7.5 seasons based around the fact the lead character is a womanizer and then have him settle down in the last 5 minutes of the finale. E getting back with Sloan was a nice touch but very predictable so in that sense I was disappointed.

What would make me happy is if in the movie they focus around Drama's newfound success and I'd like to see his and Billy Walsh's friendship develop more. I wanna see Ari back where he belongs, behind a desk with a foul mouth and a shitload of work to do, alongside with Lloyd. To be perfectly honest, if Vince and Turtle only have minor roles in the film I wouldn't complain. I found their parts in the final series to be quite dull and in general I didn't really care for them.

I agree with hydro and festivalfun.

I was very disappointed with the finale as well. It was funny because I was talking about how I didn't like it with my brother, and he was saying that he didn't think that it was that bad, except for this, that, and the other thing. So after that I asked what parts he did like, and he was stumped so then determined that he didn't really like the finale after all.

I also wanted to see more into what Johnny Bananas was really like. I thought that "E" getting back together with Sloan was stupid. I didn't want to see his situation end well, and I don't think that their relationship had been strong enough to overcome the fact that he was banging her ex-stepmother or whatever she was. He had always been a judgmental little ---- , so I really wanted to see him fall hard after all these years of thinking he was better than everyone.

I also didn't like that Vince ended up getting married after knowing the girl for 2 interviews and whatever else could have taken place in a weeks time.

So did Turtle just throw away the whole Don Pepe's project since he became a millionaire from his stock in the Avion tequila company, or did that just mean that he was able to do it his way since he no longer had a tight budget?

As for the phone call that Ari receives from Terrence after the credits, it was the only aspect of the show that ended with any friction. Everyone else just kinda went on their merry way.

festivalfun said:
What would make me happy is if in the movie they focus around Drama's newfound success and I'd like to see his and Billy Walsh's friendship develop more. I wanna see Ari back where he belongs, behind a desk with a foul mouth and a shitload of work to do, alongside with Lloyd. To be perfectly honest, if Vince and Turtle only have minor roles in the film I wouldn't complain. I found their parts in the final series to be quite dull and in general I didn't really care for them.

Once again, I agree, and to be honest I really don't see how the movie will be able to focus on anyone other than Drama and Ari. How much writing can go into Vince's new married life, as well as E's. Now that Sloan has forgiven E, any other relationship issues would seem so miniscule in comparison.

^^ hehe, I disagree with all of you with the exception of a semi-cheesey "super happy" ending to the series, but what did you expect?

First, how do we know Vince actually gets married? We don't. And why is it so difficult to believe that he may have actually found the right one? Lots of guys do that.

Second, we know Johnny Bananas moved ahead, that was the whole point of the previous episode! None of Vince's movies were delved into very deeply so why bother with Drama's now? It's an adult-oriented cartoon, that is all.

Third, Turtle became a millionaire due to Vince's decision not to sell the Avian (sp?) stock. How do we know he gave up on the Don Pepe's business? His motivation the past 2+ seasons has been to be his own man.

Fourth, of course E and Sloan were getting back together.....or so we are made to believe. ;)

And finally, how do we know for sure Ari and his wife are back together? We dont. The fact that Ari lied to her about the phone call tells us something about that don't you think? My roomies and I did agree that Dana Gordon is perfect for Ari but he really is in love with his wife. That's something that just cannot be taken apart over a single season.

^that's why they should of separated 2 seasons ago when things were getting bland. would have given them time to explore that relationship.

Last edited:
this whole last season sucked

i remember first watching this show and thinking its retarded since all we do is watch some rich asshole who doesnt do shit spend all his money away and then bitch and complain that hes broke

then ill admit i got kinda into it after a while and then it just went to shit...i have class so thats all im saying on the subject

Look what's coming to the big screen! :D <3

EXCLUSIVE: Aquaman star Vinnie Chase is back, baby. Warner Bros has tonight given the green light on a movie version of Entourage, the HBO series that ran from 2004-2011. That gives a reprise for the inside Hollywood exploits of the up and coming film star, his manager and agent, his under-appreciated TV actor brother and the childhood pal/driver who form his inner circle.

Entourage movie