• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Enough...! Went CT (Bupe, BZD, Barbs, Speed, Coke) after 2 years, now at at a 6 month rehab.

Benzorider

Bluelighter
Hello BL. Loong time since i been here. This is my story when i decided to fuck addiction and get clean.

Been a functioning addict for 15 years but the last 2 years i have been on 16 mg bupe, alprazolam, klonazepam, bromazepam, zopiclone, lorazepam, alimemazin, propiomazin.. (everyday, equivivilant of 60 mg diazepam) and the last 6 weeks i have been doing an additional gram of fishscale coke everyday together with a couple of 100 mg of phenobarbital (french shit) and some eurospeed to keep me going. Eventually the situation went out of control as you can imagine, both healtwise and money-wise... had a psycosis and started talking perfect norweigan, i am swedish and have never even been i norway... my god. Needless to say people got worried about me and when i ran out of the 2 ounces of blow i had bought for 4000 euros i came back to reality, well not reality but i understood that im gonna fucking die, nose bleeding all the time, you know the drill... And i was SO FUCKING SICK OF THIS PIECE OF SHIT WAY OF LIFE. I felt it my heart, at the core of my soul. HOLY FUCKING SHIT this 15 years old addiction problem have been FUCKING UP MY LIFE. Countless relations, family, friends... And of course the fucking overdoses, seeing my parents sad, sad look in their eyes and faces. Well, i said to myself, this is it. Enough is enough, im gonna get of this shit even if the withdrawal kills me, i dont give a shit.

So i called a good friend that never stops belive in me and is the stand up guy of stand up guys. Hes a nurse with practical experience in drugs... i tell him im goin CT in 30 days, can you make me the fastest taper schedule in history, please!? He said 30 days is a joke mate, this i s gonna hurt. I tell him good, i just wanna avoid dying if i can. So in 30 days i cut from 16 mg bupe to 0,5 and from an equvivilant of 80 mg diazepam to 1 mg klonazepam. Then i jump, straight into fucking purgatory, and mind you those 30 days wasent a fucking joyride either... but now hell starts for real.

Not going into to many details but after 4 weeks with an hour of sleep every 3-4 night, rollercoaster blood preassure, major pain in my bones and body, fatigue, major depression, dysphoria, anxeity, mood swings, hallucinations you name it, i had it. When i closed my eyes my heart rate went up to 180, kinda hard to sleep with that.. At this point i actually asked my PARENTS to shoot me in the head, very seriously. I was so fucking down under it was ridiculous, i looked like a a fucking wraith, a ghoulish-like creature with cancer... this was not good. So my poor parents offered them self to pay 20k for a 6 month stay at a rehab out in the woods. I said YES PLEASE and 4 days later i was driven to this place where i am right now, i almost collapsed when i got out of the car. Now i am laying in bed writing this 2 months later. Feeling fucking beautiful!!!

It took an additonal 4 weeks with an hour or 2 of sleep everynight and a very, very cognitive impairment before i started to "wake up" as they say at this facility. We are 12 great people here just working with our self and working out, eating healthy food 3 times a day, playing with animals, talking and chilling out. The place is Narconon and i was sceptical at first because im an athiest and i couldnt care less about religion BUT the scientology stuff is virtually non-existant and 3 of the 6 in staff isnt even a member of that church or whatever. Nobody even talks about it, sure there are some books of Ron L Hubbard laying around but thats up to every induvidial to read them, no pressure.

It took me 3 months from i started tapering to get to the point were i sleep 6-8 hours every night and doesnt wake up screaming in a pool of cold sweat. It was a ride trough hell and back but im so glad i did it. I have now spent 6 weeks at this facility and i havent felt better in my whole life. I dont even have cravings for drugs, since i got here i havent taking a fuckin aspirin.

Remeber folks, ALL drugs are shit. Coke isnt better and cleaner than speed, benzos arent milder than opiates, you are just lying to yourself. Took me 15 years to get that through my head... Idiot.

If i can do it, you all can do it. Over and out, greetings from Sweden.

Peace

Last edited:
Wow you've been through such a journey. I am so proud of you, not everyone comes to the same point or realizations like you have. Your hard work and writings here will give others some hope and encouragement. I wish you nothing but good health and peace my fellow swede. skål

Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

Dude!!! You seriously rock! You woke the fuck up and made a choice. This quitting business isn't about a "miracle", its about making a conscious decision to quit...plain and simple. Well, not so
simple:) Anyway, you are an inspiration. You are now walking the walk. That no sleep thing is not for the faint of heart. It is what usually keeps me relapsing. Recently, I found a new method for
detox that seemed to be my most gentle thus far. Gabapentin and clonidine for about 4-5 days. On the fifth day, if I choose, I take a sliver of Suboxone. That sliver puts me right back to normal.
I get energy and that bit of energy keeps me off the smack. I have to wait almost 3 days at least, before I can consider taking Sub. Any sooner, and I knock myself into precipitated withdrawals.
Now that is some terrifying shit. I have an 18 year history with heroin. Total love/hate. This past year I have made significant changes that I believe are putting me closer to quitting this bullshit
lifestyle for good. Wish you the best, man. I would love to go hang in the woods for six months!

Keep up the great work. You are worth it and posting your story helps many.

Thanks everybody for the nice words, they are heart-warming :) Im glad you appreciate my story that has beeing going on for far too long.

Funny thing i started this account back in -04, approximatly when my addiction to pills started. Time moves fast people!

Cheers!

Dude!!! You seriously rock! You woke the fuck up and made a choice. This quitting business isn't about a "miracle", its about making a conscious decision to quit...plain and simple. Well, not so
simple:) Anyway, you are an inspiration. You are now walking the walk. That no sleep thing is not for the faint of heart. It is what usually keeps me relapsing. Recently, I found a new method for
detox that seemed to be my most gentle thus far. Gabapentin and clonidine for about 4-5 days. On the fifth day, if I choose, I take a sliver of Suboxone. That sliver puts me right back to normal.
I get energy and that bit of energy keeps me off the smack. I have to wait almost 3 days at least, before I can consider taking Sub. Any sooner, and I knock myself into precipitated withdrawals.
Now that is some terrifying shit. I have an 18 year history with heroin. Total love/hate. This past year I have made significant changes that I believe are putting me closer to quitting this bullshit
lifestyle for good. Wish you the best, man. I would love to go hang in the woods for six months!

Keep up the great work. You are worth it and posting your story helps many.

Thanks so much friend, it really is coming to an insight and making a decision. Now i know i can never drink again even, i can never take RX medication for sleep, anxeity and pain managment. Maybe if i bust up a knee cap or my leg i will have to take someting for it. But only when im in serious pain.

I agree the sleep deprivation is the big problem.. i couldnt sleep even with 3-4 diffrent sleep medications at high doses every night. Just didnt work, being up 72 - 96 hours at the time makes you a little crazy you know.. The only thing that worked from time to time was, as you say, clonidine. Probably cause its an non-narcotic and you dont have tolerance for it. Furthermore the gabapentin/clonidine combo is actually good for removing symtoms from opiate/bzd withdrawal, up to a point. For me it helped with maybe 10-15% of the wd symptoms.

I did smack for 2 years, 10 years ago and i understand what ur talking about, that craving is so fucking intense.. i took me 1½ year to get it to fade away, havent touched it since. BUT a 7-10 day Heroin WD is a fucking vacation to a 8 week bupe wd, that shit NEVER ENDS it feels like, thats why people relapse, they just cant take the duration.. It so mental as well as physical. Brrrrr!

Keep up the balance and stay strong freind!