• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Enlightenment

Yea, he's one of the credible ones out there. No bullshit. But most importantly he's really happy.

I'll have a watch later on, thanks :)

Gonna go to meditation later, apparently a 'guest' monk is going to be speaking, according to my brother this guy is great. I forget his name but he's relatively well known... I should get high and heckle him :D

Is there an opposite to enlightenment?

Buddhist enlightenment or Western enlightenment? (i haven't been reading the thread) opposite of western enlightenment is ignorance and irrationality correct?

opposite of Buddhist enlightenment would be something like struggle, dissatisfaction, judgement - anything causing negative emotions.

I think the idea is to do good without trying and expecting nothing in return. You're supposed to be thankful for suffering while not creating any of it yourself.

Last edited:
Western enlightenment would be a cool discussion, but this seems more about spiritual enlightenment, something as yet undefined over 14 pages.

from what i've read enlightenment is a state of existence outside of time.

isn't something that can be explained, it's something that happens to you.

of course, i'm unsure if it actually exists - yet to traverse the cosmic consciousness..

Krishnamurti1.jpg

Krishnamurti. <3 He looks sanctified. He was a spiritual master-mind, for sure.

Last edited:
And I guess the opposite of Enlightenment would be Endarkenment. Or becoming lower and lower consciousness and more and more filled with negative energy. You could also say being more and more run by the ego and your physcial, emotional, and mental impulses, as opposed to being run by the higher self.

"When I speak about the new man, I have in mind the people of the Sun who live with Joy. The are exuberant, generous, and overcome their difficulties easily. They are heros, men with open hearts. They use everything wisely. They enjoy everything. In both suffering and pleasure, the new man is filled with an inner joy. He knows that both the bad and the good conditions are given in order for him to grow."

(Peter Deunov)

Yes, plus I think when you connect with your higher self you can withstand suffering.

[video]https://youtu.be/O6P42XI8GRo[/video]

Ramana Maharshi is said by many who met him to be the real deal. His teachings are typical advaita vedanta, self inquiry line of upanishad teachings. To those in the west he could be seen as a "useless parasite" as he spent all his time in a monastery reading comics while he chilled and occasionally expounded his teachings. In the east such people where revered until the ideas of the west crept in.

Who is the I? Why do people live, why do people die? Enlightenment itself is only a word that becomes irrelevant as one travels the path.

I have studied this topic extensively too bad knowledge is counterproductive in this topic. You must practice it, live it not know about it.

Yes, absolutely. I don't know, I think knowledege helps to practice, make you see the point in practicing.

First post!

I've always thought of enlightenment as being transcendence. The goal of certain practices to transcend normal human boundaries, whether that be pain, suffering, mind, or physical boundaries. I also like to think that we're all very intelligent in certain ways; being close to enlightenment in different areas. Insofar as spiritual enlightenment- using the spirit to transcend the human and become either more human, or trans-human.

And I guess the opposite of Enlightenment would be Endarkenment. Or becoming lower and lower consciousness and more and more filled with negative energy. You could also say being more and more run by the ego and your physcial, emotional, and mental impulses, as opposed to being run by the higher self.

Hmmm, I thought about this long and hard and thought that it might be true to have a so called endarkenment...

With the idea of light being a forbearer to enlightenment...we are always therefore striving for only those things in the category of light..

Which of course is pure and awesome..

But I think there could be a so called enlightenment..except about the bottom and base emotions that exist..

or a sort of duality compared to light...via darkness..

So the endarkenment can commence in truce...and truth to connect to the enlightenment more formidably..

Like discovering your dark side of the force...is honest and peaceful and feels good to be in the shade some of the time..

Doesn't mean you have to hurt people because your exploring your dark side...but I think the idea of exploring the dark side should show more form in psychotherapy and psychology indeed..