• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Enhanced blends- is it bad to brew these?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
Just wondering. Guy that sold them to me said he wouldn’t with the enhanced stuff, but why?

mitragynine is poorly water soluble unless the solution is made acidic (achievable with citric acid, acetic acid [vinegar]... it's not hard)

other than that, no idea

in reality he probably has no idea what he's talking about

OPMS liquid extract, by volume, is mostly water...

mitragynine boils at 450f, far beyond the boiling point of water...

it's possible some of the various minor alkaloids are lost, but this really is not a worry for anyone with tolerance.

Last edited:
mitragynine is poorly water soluble unless the solution is made acidic (achievable with citric acid, acetic acid [vinegar]... it's not hard)

other than that, no idea

in reality he probably has no idea what he's talking about

OPMS liquid extract, by volume, is mostly water...

mitragynine boils at 450f, far beyond the boiling point of water...

it's possible some of the various minor alkaloids are lost, but this really is not a worry for anyone with tolerance.
Yeah. I usually use a dash of lemon juice when I do it. He runs a shop out of CO and nice website and stuff. A lot of interesting information on it. Seems like he is educated about it but yeah I dont get it either unless it’s adulterated…doesn’t have that feel though like it is.

I wouldn't brew any other kratom than "crushed leaf" kratom, which are little flakes of the dried leafs. These brew up nicely, like tea. Even tastes different. Gotta mix in lemon juice or citric acid and simmer for like 20 minutes. Then strain. Drinking any beverage made from the fine powder has always result in something revolting, the crush leaf tea tastes good somehow.

Effects oddly seem to last longer than eating the micronized powder. Searched "crushed leaf" kratom, it's worth trying.

Less efficient and more work than eating the powder but it's effects are interesting and distinct. Feel cleaner too.

I wouldn't brew any other kratom than "crushed leaf" kratom, which are little flakes of the dried leafs. These brew up nicely, like tea. Even tastes different. Gotta mix in lemon juice or citric acid and simmer for like 20 minutes. Then strain. Drinking any beverage made from the fine powder has always result in something revolting, the crush leaf tea tastes good somehow.

Effects oddly seem to last longer than eating the micronized powder. Searched "crushed leaf" kratom, it's worth trying.

Less efficient and more work than eating the powder but it's effects are interesting and distinct. Feel cleaner too.
I agree that crushed leaf is different. I had got some freeze dried stuff direct from Thailand and it was leaf,not powder. Slightly more stimulating and indeed it lasted longer.

But micronized does it for me too. I use coffeee filters and it comes out exactly like my freeze dried aside from the effects being a little different.

Like @Snafu in the Void said, I don’t see any scientific reason why we can’t brew enhanced tea. He makes his own enhanced blends and resells them which I know I know I could make it myself for cheaper but he’s a cool dude and I don’t mind supporting his business. It’s just when I asked him about brewing it, it was in relation to the alkaloids not degrading. Still that was my question. He may have been responding to not do it for the same reason as you; taste.
I missed that thought earlier.