• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Energy during opiate/kratom wd

Californiachicka

Greenlighter
Hi everyone!
Long story short, I've been using opiates or kratom daily for the last year. The last 6 months was 90% kratom, but 4x a day taking 4 teaspoons each dose.
I'm on day 5 of being off of everything completely, but I'm about to cave due to the fact I have ZERO energy and no motivation to do anything.
I have 4 small kids (all under 6) and I feel like the worst possible mom of all time.

Other than caffeine(it's not helping), is there anything I can do to help with the endless tired feeling and just plain worthlessness?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you get to the Dr? Gabbapentin helped me so much but only after I gave it a real shot. In low doses it makes one talkative and energetic. In larger doses it becomes a sedative. When I tried to take it as a sedative for multiple days it quit working so. I took low dose in the morning and double dose at night. I braced myself for withdraw from gabbapentin but when I stopped taking it 14 days later I was normal and fine. So it really helped. Take it seriously, the effects wear out quickly and soon it wouldn't work anymore anyways. It helped with everything from appetite to restless legs. I was on 90-300 mg oxy a day usually closer to 90 daily. I tried everything but would give in everytime before I made it on gabbapentin. I don't even keep it around as a temptation to be able to withdrawal again. As a non narcotic it is easy enough to get. For you having a legal addiction to kratom that reason alone they would likely take pity. Another way I have beaten wd is when I crushed 30mg into an entire bottle of immodium mint flavor of course. I really wanted it so I only took tiny sips when the symptoms were peaking. I still have more than half the bottle left. I don't touch it every other way I have tried cutting down this was the only way that worked. Hope my advice helps you.

If you can't get any medicine. I recommend at least the immodium. Second hot baths. Forcing yourself through workouts, walks or runs. It really helps.

^^thats good advice. I take gabapentin everyday. The above is true. As long as you're on it short-term, you can jump off

Warning- you eventually become dependent on it and the w/d is brutal. I take it daily for Bipolar 2. It helps tremendously w anxiety and oanic attacks. Just putting this out there so you're aware. You don't want to be surprised w the w/d

I have been taking 800mg (sometimes more) 3x a day for about 2yrs.

Totally agree too with above also Lyrica (pregabapentin) which is almost same but stonger than gabapentin kicked my wds in the ass! it made it all so bearable. It gave me energy better mood and held wd symptoms down greatly. Now i only take it occasionally for nerve pain in my feet. Did you ween down on kratom before jumping thats a helluva lot of kratom 16 teaspoons daily. If you jumped from that much it will be difficult but being your on day 6 you have been through the worse hang in there its gotta be tough ass hell taking care of 4 small kids right now. good luck!

OP, did you quit the kratom cold turkey or did you taper off? I certainly don't want to nudge you towards starting again now that you've already quit. But if you did indeed quit CT, you *might* want to consider taking it a bit slower and trying to taper down a bit before jumping off completely.

I was gonna say same thing Sim if she jumped from that much kratom! thats a shitload the most i ever did was 6 or 7 grams 3 times a day. But at that point i was only trying to match a 15 to 20mgs oxy dose it worked best for me only when i got my oxy dose down, doesnt do much when your going from high dosing opioids imo.

I was gonna say same thing Sim if she jumped from that much kratom! thats a shitload the most i ever did was 6 or 7 grams 3 times a day. But at that point i was only trying to match a 15 to 20mgs oxy dose it worked best for me only when i got my oxy dose down, doesnt do much when your going from high dosing opioids imo.

I had to quit cold turkey. Every time I would get more to taper down, I could never do it. I guess I just don't have the personality for it. I'm either all or nothing. I thought for sure I would be feeling better by now but I'm not. I'm scared to go to the doctor because I don't want to be labeled an "addict". I know that's stupid, but I also suffer from chronic kidney stones, and don't want to be denied meds if for some reason I really need them. I know that's silly, and I'm also scared to take something that I might get addicted to again and have to go thru another set of withdrawals. If the meds you guys are talking about has a potential for abuse... chances are I will abuse them.

Thanks so much for all the replies. It's beyond appreciated. It's especially hard going through this because no one knows. My poor kids think I'm sick with the flu.

I'm also on an antidepressant that I've been on a few years for ppd. I'm not sure if anyone of you guys know the body/brain zaps that come with you forget to take your antidepressants, but I'm getting those now even know I haven't missed a dose. Is that part of the kratom wd? That is one of the worst parts of this whole thing.
I'm so tempted to take some tramadol that's in my cupboard that's prescribed to my damn dog. How pathetic is that?!

More people ct then ween, im an all or nothing person too i only tapered cause i was on oxy daily for over 20 years so after all them years wds scared the shit outa me so i weened. Wds were not bad for me becaused i weened but there were times near the end of ween it got real tough. Lyrica can be abused but you build a tolerance real real fast i used it for a couple weeks straight and stopped without any physical wds maybe a little mental wd for a day. I was willing to take chance on another addiction just to end my opioid addiction its the only drug that ever controlled me, for a longtime. You are already on day 6 so the accute wds stage has to be ending so it will get better soon try to hang on.

Last edited:
I'm also on an antidepressant that I've been on a few years for ppd. I'm not sure if anyone of you guys know the body/brain zaps that come with you forget to take your antidepressants, but I'm getting those now even know I haven't missed a dose. Is that part of the kratom wd? That is one of the worst parts of this whole thing.
I'm so tempted to take some tramadol that's in my cupboard that's prescribed to my damn dog. How pathetic is that?!

This isn't so unusual when coming off kratom as it has some antidepressant like effects on the brain. I actually would encourage you to take a low to moderate dose of tramadol if you have it available for about a week to get over the rest of the kratom withdrawals (you shouldn't need more than 100-200mg/day). It would cause you to develop another dependency or have to withdrawal again as long as you only take it for 4-7 days and don't dose higher than my suggestion. It will give you back nearly all (if not all) your energy, stabilizing your mood and allowing you to function more or less normally. You should already be well into and over the hump of the acute withdrawal syndrome, so you really won't need to take tramadol for more than this short amount of time to get over the tail end of your acute withdrawals.

Gabapentin is also very useful for withdrawal, but since you have tramadol available, I would suggest using that for a few days until you're over kratom's acute withdrawal syndrome. Given the relative similarities of how the substance work, tramadol is ideal to use to detox from kratom. Once you stop taking tramadol after no more than a week you can use something like gabapentin to continue to effectively manage your mood a bit until you have moved on further from the acute withdrawal process and are more able to take care of yourself without these kinds of substances. Gabapentin would be ideal to use for the rest of the first month to first three months without opioids/kratom to give you the kind of stable mood that is a powerful ally in structuring the healthier kinds of routines and habits you'll need to rely on if you are to maintain long term recovery.

Don't feel bad about needing to using something like tramadol. If you have it available, there is literally no reason not to use it to enhance your detox experience. If anything it will give you an even better chance in the long run of successfully making it to a lifestyle of abstinence when it comes to opioids and opioid like drugs. Painful detoxes that make it difficult to manage and fulfill our personal, familial and professional duties and obligations in life tend to make long term recovery more challenging and the more appropriate, safer and less uncomfortable medically available detox options (like in your case taking tramadol until you're over the acute withdrawal).