• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Endorphins!!

As far as I understand, this is true about the casual relationship you speak of re endurance aerobic exercise.

I was going off a study that bilz0r posted showing aerobic exercise to leave, I believe, concentrations of beta-endorphin in the blood unchanged. Is this a reliable marker of changes in endorphin levels in the brain?
I don't see how inducing endorphin release via physical damage could be a good idea.

ebola

Hi there - I am a fan of endorphines but I generally run loads and I also instruct spin>rpm classes and the hit after those classes are pretty good !!

But anway for your info -Endorphins are a group of peptide hormones that occur naturally in the brain that, when released, increase your body's threshold for pain and affect the way you feel emotionally. Endorphins are chemically very much like morphine. There are a few things you can do to possibly release endorphins and increase your mood
Excerise Hard!!
Listen to soothing minutes for up to 30mt sclassical and instrumental selections. It has been found that thirty minutes of listening to this kind of music has released endorphins that have an effect equal to that of the muscle relaxer pill known as Valium.
Step
Spend some time in the sun. Overexposure to light can also cause a release of endorphins.
PLenty of SEX Intense pleasure causes the same effect as intense pain when it comes to endorphins.
Laugh and Cry - Some people claim that laughing hard for ten minutes can give at least two hours of pain-free sleep to those affected by painful illnesses. Some researchers claim that the body releases endorphins to release pain while experiencing the emotion that causes tears.
Just a few ideas anywhooooo ...