• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

End of the speed binge - some worries...

Antiprosynthesis

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, Im not really used anymore to doing non stop speed for a full week with Just one moment of sleep, until recently I was clean from everything for several years, I did a few times speed already since i started using again but not at all to this extent...

I also take very poor care of myself on stims, I only did a few Sips of water in a week And I didn't eat, I Just cant on stims and I was so focused on what I was Doing online that I Just dont think about drinking OR eating...

Sleep deprivation is kicking my ass atm and the comedown is unpleasent to say the least, Im having visual and audotory hallucinations, I almost cant Read anymore, my organs Hurt, Im real tired yet very tense, and even tho I realize that my feeling of worries is Just an effect of the comedown itself and I dont need to worry, I still worry... Maybe someone can give some tips and tricks to cope with this, IT would Just already calm me down to get a response...

i haven't been on week long speed binges but i had a crack addiction that resulted in me going long periods without sleep. once the hallucinations start the only way to stop them is sleeping, and once you do sleep it will probably be very difficult to wake up. i'd typically do 48-72 hours sleep and still be knackered.

drink some water ASAP. i would get dead paranoid i was having kidney failure cos i would get backache. i knew i needed to drink water but i was honestly capable of nothing, like you describe, was just concentrating on the task at hand (using/getting money/scoring). i'd go days without weeing. but a lot of the paranoia around that would probably have been ameliorated by just drinking.

take some vitamins if you can't bring yourself to eat yet.

everything you describe is par for the course for stimulant abuse, that doesn't mean its good, but most people manage not to cause permanent damage.

i know my advice is nothing magic, or even that isn't obvious, sadly i don't know what to say. if you have any downers to smooth out the residual stimulation until you can sleep it may be a good time for them.

i haven't been on week long speed binges but i had a crack addiction that resulted in me going long periods without sleep. once the hallucinations start the only way to stop them is sleeping, and once you do sleep it will probably be very difficult to wake up. i'd typically do 48-72 hours sleep and still be knackered.

drink some water ASAP. i would get dead paranoid i was having kidney failure cos i would get backache. i knew i needed to drink water but i was honestly capable of nothing, like you describe, was just concentrating on the task at hand (using/getting money/scoring). i'd go days without weeing. but a lot of the paranoia around that would probably have been ameliorated by just drinking.

take some vitamins if you can't bring yourself to eat yet.

everything you describe is par for the course for stimulant abuse, that doesn't mean its good, but most people manage not to cause permanent damage.

i know my advice is nothing magic, or even that isn't obvious, sadly i don't know what to say. if you have any downers to smooth out the residual stimulation until you can sleep it may be a good time for them.
Thank you for the extensive reply, I apreciate that...

I used to do freebase but never binged on IT, the cravings with freebase are bad tho...

Yes I know that the only solution is sleep but its still a bit too early, and since a few hours Im drinking a bit water and multi vitamin juice..

I have weed that helps me a lot to calm down...

Every advice helps, thx again...

Yes I know that the only solution is sleep but its still a bit too early, and since a few hours Im drinking a bit water and multi vitamin juice..

I have weed that helps me a lot to calm down...

Every advice helps, thx again...
well done for getting some water and vitamin juice down you. i'm glad weed is helping.

do you have anything like diazepam or pregablin? or even the sedating anti histamines? unfortunately without large doses of benzos i've found nothing that cuts the tail end of a stimulant binge down, even large doses of heroin wouldn't put me under (DO NOT TRY). the most important thing is not to score, the sooner you get some sleep, the sooner you will feel better.

other than that, all i could do while waiting to be able to sleep was watch really brainless visually pleasing stuff on tv, that didn;t require much concentration.

Eat!!!!

No matter how bad you don't feel like it.
Also hydrate. Even a little gatorade, something to get your body back in balance.

Benzos can help as well. You definitely need to get to sleep.

I go through this with every stimulant come down now a days. If I'm awake more than 2 days, I'll hear voices. See little things.

It all gets better once you cease use & start eating/drinking/sleeping again. I promise you it will & it does.

You will feel drained, sore & depressed for a few days most likely. It takes up to week for me to get back to "normal" even after a 1-2 day binge.
It seems to be worse the older I get too.

Yes indeed, im trying to watch some tv but my mind Wanders...

I was addicted to benzo's but was able to kick that habit without Any lasting substitute so im never using Them again and also they do me no good...

I also used to use heroin on a stim comedown and that worked perfectly for me, but I also quit heroin and not planning on doing that again...

And no,.Im not going to score, besides I still have speed but i stopted using this morning cause I want to sleep tonight and take it easy a few weeks at least...

Weed works Just fine, at the moment its my favorite, daily drug, so weed is very important to me...

Eat!!!!

Also hydrate. Even a little gatorade, something to get your body back in balance.

this-^

the meth is distracting your body from just how starving and dehydrated is it, combined with sleep deprivation which is severe on it's own at least for your brain

you need to force some food into you my friend!! anything at this point, a donut, some corn... whatever, get some sugar and protein into your body

force yourself to drink water

only then think about smoking enough weed to pass out

weed is also a psychotogen, but if you have a big tolerance from daily use it shouldn't be a major issue

Bh
Eat!!!!

Benzos can help as well. You definitely need to get to sleep.

I go through this with every stimulant come down now a days. If I'm awake more than 2 days, I'll hear voices. See little things.

It all gets better once you cease use & start eating/drinking/sleeping again. I promise you it will & it does.

You will feel drained, sore & depressed for a few days most likely. It takes up to week for me to get back to "normal" even after a 1-2 day binge.
It seems to be worse the older I get too.

Yes, Im drinking and planning on eating before I go to bed...

I dont recover as good as i used to anymore, and I also used to handle the comedown well but now its a bit more difficult...

For my reply about benzo's look at my previous post.

Also, i Am very hot and sweating like a pig...

I dont recover as good as i used to anymore, and I also used to handle the comedown well but now its a bit more difficult...
as goes for any major addiction

harm reduction my friend

eat, drink water, sleep

the more progressed the addiction, the more control we need to consciously muster, right? it's hard, but we gotta do what we gotta do or else we die or end up with permanent damage and consequences as addicts.

I used amphetamines not Meth, for my reply about food and drinks look at my previous post.

Weed really poses very little danger to me, i would even say if at all if i wouldnt assume that all such things have potential dangers...

as goes for any major addiction

harm reduction my friend

eat, drink water, sleep

the more progressed the addiction, the more control we need to consciously muster, right? it's hard, but we gotta do what we gotta do or else we die or end up with permanent damage and consequences as addicts.
Yes you are right, but at the moment i still have quite good control over my general use.i Just felt like doing a serious binge...

Weed really poses very little danger to me, i would even say if at all if i wouldnt assume that all such things have potential dangers...
weed is not harmless my friend

little danger on it's own, to the normal person, sure

if your brain is anything like mine and prone to psychosis, it's not harmless my dude, once you have experienced a psychosis weed becomes very different.... it's not harmless and easily contributes to more psychosis. Please believe me on that.

if you have a major daily tolerance to weed this becomes significantly less noticeable, but it's certainly not helping your brain restore balance at all. It effects several neurotransmitters not just CB1/2.

at the moment i still have quite good control over my general use.i Just felt like doing a serious binge...

I'm sorry man but I don't believe you.

I don't think you have control over your use whatsoever based on your posts

You are actively in and out of psychosis.

I want to help you

Yes you are right, but at the moment i still have quite good control over my general use.i Just felt like doing a serious binge...

I have to agree with @negrogesic on this one unfortunately my friend, if you are unable to prevent yourself from going on a serious binge, you do not have control over your use.

When I relapsed in December I quickly ended up using 3-5 days out of the week by January. I wasn't in control. By February I made a promise to myself to reduce it down to once a week or fortnight which I did. I never use more than that and I use on the same day every time, because it fits in my schedule. I set a limit on how much I buy, and I don't go over that and go and get more. I happily describe that as controlled usage. And now that my finances no longer accommodate my use, I'm stopping.

I'm not perfect, I've already transitioned to another maladaptive coping behaviour which I no doubt will have even less control over than I did the meth in January, but that remains to be seen.

You must sleep. You're likely reaching (or have reached) stimulant psychosis. I also would very much recommend against smoking weed and adding to the situation as that can worsen psychosis or similar symptoms, and cause psychosis on its own (as it does for me, every time I use it). I recommend finding some melatonin if you can and using a large dose (12-15mg) to help put you to sleep. It's a natural chemical your body already produces so do not stress about the high dose. I take 9-12mg every night to sleep anyway, and when coming down from stimulants will take 15-20mg if I absolutely need to increase the dose.

For food, I would recommend yoghurt. Pick your favourite flavour. I eat this one specific brand of honey yoghurt as it is my absolute favourite food so it's as appealing as anything can get. Yoghurt is good because it actually has good nutritional value, dairy is useful plus it's soft so it's easy to eat, particularly if you have jaw pain from clenching for days on end.

Liquids I recommend water first obviously, but I know water can be very unappealing. So my next suggestion is juice (your favourite kind) or Gatorade, again favourite kind. If you're going to keep using I suggest purchasing powdered Gatorade so that you have some ready all the time. If you don't know what Gatorade is, it's an electrolyte sports drink.

Good luck! Feel better soon.

weed is not harmless my friend

little danger on it's own, to the normal person, sure

if your brain is anything like mine and prone to psychosis, it's not harmless my dude, once you have experienced a psychosis weed becomes very different.... it's not harmless and easily contributes to more psychosis. Please believe me on that.

if you have a major daily tolerance to weed this becomes significantly less noticeable, but it's certainly not helping your brain restore balance at all. It effects several neurotransmitters not just CB1/2.

I'm sorry man but I don't believe you.

I don't think you have control over your use whatsoever based on your posts

You are actively in and out of psychosis.

I want to help you
I have to agree with @negrogesic on this one unfortunately my friend, if you are unable to prevent yourself from going on a serious binge, you do not have control over your use.

When I relapsed in December I quickly ended up using 3-5 days out of the week by January. I wasn't in control. By February I made a promise to myself to reduce it down to once a week or fortnight which I did. I never use more than that and I use on the same day every time, because it fits in my schedule. I set a limit on how much I buy, and I don't go over that and go and get more. I happily describe that as controlled usage. And now that my finances no longer accommodate my use, I'm stopping.

I'm not perfect, I've already transitioned to another maladaptive coping behaviour which I no doubt will have even less control over than I did the meth in January, but that remains to be seen.

You must sleep. You're likely reaching (or have reached) stimulant psychosis. I also would very much recommend against smoking weed and adding to the situation as that can worsen psychosis or similar symptoms, and cause psychosis on its own (as it does for me, every time I use it). I recommend finding some melatonin if you can and using a large dose (12-15mg) to help put you to sleep. It's a natural chemical your body already produces so do not stress about the high dose. I take 9-12mg every night to sleep anyway, and when coming down from stimulants will take 15-20mg if I absolutely need to increase the dose.

For food, I would recommend yoghurt. Pick your favourite flavour. I eat this one specific brand of honey yoghurt as it is my absolute favourite food so it's as appealing as anything can get. Yoghurt is good because it actually has good nutritional value, dairy is useful plus it's soft so it's easy to eat, particularly if you have jaw pain from clenching for days on end.

Liquids I recommend water first obviously, but I know water can be very unappealing. So my next suggestion is juice (your favourite kind) or Gatorade, again favourite kind. If you're going to keep using I suggest purchasing powdered Gatorade so that you have some ready all the time. If you don't know what Gatorade is, it's an electrolyte sports drink.

Good luck! Feel better soon.
@Antiprosynthesis These are both great posts and I wholeheartedly agree with them both. Please heed their advice <3

First of all, thx to everyone for the replies and Im sorry for not replying, but i have very little energy... I AM not using speed now since monday.

I know that these are risks of smoking weed, but i feel like weed reduces my psychotic tendencies...

I try to eat lots of yoghurt and i drink multi vitamin juice, milk and water ...

Ill try to answer everyone specifically if I feel I have more energy to do so ...

First of all, thx to everyone for the replies and Im sorry for not replying, but i have very little energy... I AM not using speed now since monday.

I know that these are risks of smoking weed, but i feel like weed reduces my psychotic tendencies...

I try to eat lots of yoghurt and i drink multi vitamin juice, milk and water ...

Ill try to answer everyone specifically if I feel I have more energy to do so ...
I'm glad we didn't scare you off.

Take it easy, friend.