• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Effexor and MDMA

bluecloudsky4

Bluelighter
Would mixing Effexor with MDMA cause serotonin syndrome, and would the Effexor make the MDMA worthless?

You don't just suddenly have SS from mixing MAOIs/SSRIs with other drugs, it's something you put yourself at risk of each time you do drugs. From what I understand, the effexor will either totally inhibit you from feeling the MDMA, or it will dull it, or will have no effect at all. I've heard all three of those incidents from people on it.

I'm on effexor and have rolled on E during that time..

Because Effexor is a SNRI and not an SSRI, it interacts with drugs differently.. for example, I have no problem taking dxm or rolling.

Sometimes, however, rolling may not be AS euphoric as it use to be. You can still get high, atleast I have in my personal experience. It depends on the person though, as everyone's brain chemistry is different.

Let us know if it works out for you.

yea, im the same as fenix.... im just getting off effexor and i found i dont peak as hard as anyone else, unless i take more

fenix_starr said:
I'm on effexor and have rolled on E during that time..

Because Effexor is a SNRI and not an SSRI, it interacts with drugs differently.. for example, I have no problem taking dxm or rolling.

Sometimes, however, rolling may not be AS euphoric as it use to be. You can still get high, atleast I have in my personal experience. It depends on the person though, as everyone's brain chemistry is different.

Let us know if it works out for you.

Effexor is a reuptake inhibitor for both nor-adrenaline & serotonin, so it's not best to take serotonin-potentiating substances like MDMA or DXM while on it.

Generally, all antidepressants and/or drugs that are reuptake inhibitors ("RI") of sorts do not combine well with any drugs, especially not with stimulants.

The reason is that the high depends on the difference between the concentration before and the concentration after the intake, not on the absolute concentration. If you're on a RI, your serotonine concentration will already be high. Bringing it a bit higher will not produce a strong high. If, on the other hand, you're not taking any RI (if you're depressed!), the MDMA will lift you to a much higher level than you started with, and that's what makes you feel great.

A good analog is speed: accelerating from 5 to 40 mph is more thrilling than accelerating from 30 to 50, in spite of the fact that in the latter case you reach a higher speed.

I rolled a few times while i was on effexor and i did not like it one bit. It seemed like the effexor made me sweat 2x as much.

I rolled while on Effexor and was FLOORED every time. I would take 1 and would be beside myself itd make me roll so hard.

NO you cant. From memory it blocks the seratonin reuptake receptors.

I was on it for a while and had to go through the same process you are.

I believe effexor is SNRI. And you can take E with it, it will not kill you, but it will GREATLY reduce the effects. Would just be a waste of a pill.

Generally.. save all SSRI's for the days after a roll.. it will be much more effective... And if you want a definate answer on it.. go to www.erowid.org

On an untrelated topic.. or closely related.. you decide lol.. Psylocibin.. the psychoactive in Magic Mushrooms.. is excreted in much the same manner as seratonin... I always find I have such an awesome roll if I take shrooms too.. and pretty much do almost everytime I roll

Beings said:
I believe effexor is SNRI. And you can take E with it, it will not kill you, but it will GREATLY reduce the effects. Would just be a waste of a pill.

Correct.......... however the affects appear to vary from person to person......most will get nothing while others may get a slight feeling.......... I wouldnt be prepared to say it wont kill you as Im not aware of any studies and anyways everyone is different.

I think its best to assume that if your on Effexor then dont bother trying to use E.

im on 220mg of effexor a day, and have been for many years. Ive had no adverse effect with mdma cobined with venlafaxine in terms of bad experiences, but as most people say, it grarytly reduces the effect.

With that i mean that i dont get that euforic feeling that you want, but more like a clean amphetamine/speedy effect.