Editing posts in mobile mode deletes entire post.

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
When I have tried to edit posts while in bluelight mobile mode sometimes the entire original post gets deleted, even though I did not select the option to delete the post.

It's fairly well known around here. Something about the way the mobile edit page is coded... When you tap anywhere on the edit page it automatically clicks the delete button.

The only "fix" currently is to switch to the desktop view anytime you need to edit.

It happens to most everyone most of the time. Every once in awhile edit will work properly in mobile but don't try it as the odds are severely not in your favor that it'll work. Unless you like playing Russian roulette with your posts.

You'll notice people apologizing for being unable to edit occasionally and they'll say "because I'm using mobile". It's because they can't edit without deleting. (Well they can if they switch to desktop view... They either don't know this, don't know how or are too lazy to do so)

I can edit on my mobile if I just use the default operating system. I've got a crappy HTC thing atm. If I use chrome or whatever, the whole screen is just an enormous delete button. Which is odd IMO.

Yeah I have this issue as well when I forget to switch to desktop version. Fortunately I've only deleted things I wanted in my own forum, so can promptly undelete ;)

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I never use mobile, Ijust switch to desktop version.

Yeah I have this issue as well when I forget to switch to desktop version. Fortunately I've only deleted things I wanted in my own forum, so can promptly undelete ;)

Abuse of power! ;)

When I have tried to edit posts while in bluelight mobile mode sometimes the entire original post gets deleted, even though I did not select the option to delete the post.

i don't think the mobile skin was designed for editing posts. most phones will let you "view as desktop" which might work better.