EDC '11 moved from L.A. to Vegas, damn, Whos going?

i can't believe those cunts STILL haven't released the line up.
i know its going to be phat either way but this is just unprofessional...its like 2 weeks before the event...

The lineup overall is looking decent, but i'm really surprised that paul van dyk and benny benassi were left off the bill. the main stage on saturday still leaves us with a few surprises, so we'll see. I'm still pretty fuckin stoked about it all regardless =D

I hope justice takes one of those TBA slots!!!
Saturday = the best day imo, with sunday being second.

FRIDAY, JUNE 24 :: In order of appearance

Kinetic Field: Trent Cantrelle, Manufactured Superstars, Wolfgang Gartner, Dirty South, Tiësto, Steve Angello, and Sander Van Doorn.

Cosmic Meadow: Joaquin Bamaca, Beats Antique, Röyksopp, Richie Hawtin presents Plastikman Live, Subfocus Live, and Steve Bugg.

Circuit Grounds: Wippenberg, The Crystal Method, Christopher Lawrence, Roger Sanchez, Cosmic Gate, Calvin Harris, Steve Aoki and more tba.

Neon Garden: Kastle, Them Jeans, Dave Nada, DJ Vice, Bloody Beetroots Death Crew 77, Savage Skulls, Bird Peterson, Drop the Lime, Major Lazer.

Bass Pod: Crizzly, Marcus Intalex with Sharpness, Roni Size with Messinian, Friction with Dynamite, Borgore, Excision, Skream and Benga, Dieselboy, Marky,and TC with Armanni Reign.

SATURDAY, JUNE 25 :: In order of appearance

Kinetic Field: Hernan Cattaneo, Sidney Samson, Martin Solveig, David Guetta and more tba.

Cosmic Meadow: Alesso, The Glitch Mob, Bassnectar, Empire of the Sun, Chuckie, Dada Life, and Boys Noize.

Circuit Grounds: Droog, Pleasurekraft, Boris, Green Velvet, UMEK, Gaiser, Richie Hawtin, and Victor Calderone.

Neon Garden: Zedd, Porter Robinson, Feed Me, Hardwell, Bart B More, LA Riots, Jack Beats, Skrillex, and MSTRKRFT.

Bass Pod: The Juggernaut, Hive, Bare, Evol Intent, High Contrast, 12th Planet, Andy C with MC GQ, Rusko, Hype with Daddy Earl, Zeds Dead, Terravita, and LTJ Bukem.

SUNDAY, JUNE 26 :: In order of appearance

Kinetic Field: Thomas Gold, Paul Oakenfold, Avicii, Alesso, Swedish House Mafia, Laidback Luke, and Nicky Romero.

Cosmic Meadow: The EC Twins, Bunny, Robbie Rivera, Afrojack, Infected Mushroom and more tba.

Circuit Grounds: Moguai, Tritonal, John O’Callaghan, Sean Tyas & Simon Patterson, Ferry Corsten, ATB, Markus Schulz, Dash Berlin, and Showtek.

Neon Garden: Stanton Warriors, Araabmuzik, Sandro Silva, Harvard Bass, Felix Cartal, Felguk, Dada Life, A-Trak, and Wolfgang Gartner.

Bass Pod: Fury, Shiftee, Liquid Stranger, J Majik, Mt. Eden, Datsik, Doctor P, Planet of the Drums, Skism, Loadstar, Shimon, and Nu:Tone.​

^if you actually work for insomniac other than being just a promoter, PLEASE tell some one at the top to start adding an electro stage and get all the acts HARD usually have perform like Fake Blood, Autoerotique, Sound of Stereo, 2manydjs, and so forth. it would make you guys sell out every event.

Although I am very pleased to see Bart B more, green velvet, drop the lime, etc. :)

so i saw something about kid cudi being there, but i don't see a time slot for him, and all of the TBAs have been announced. I guess he's performing with guetta?

also, if anyone is trying to meet up, let me know. its just me and my dad going to this one. don't get me wrong, he rages, but i'm not sure if he'll be able to keep up the whole time, so i'm gonna need to meet some chill people to hang with.

^I thought about that but the party doesn't start til 8pm. I guess we'll see though. Vegas is still pretty hot around 8pm but it's quite cooler than the afternoon.

Los Angeles, CA. 6/26/10 1:47 PM 73.9 °F

Las Vegas, NV 6/26/10 7:56 PM 96.1 °F

8(8(8:)|:|:|

I'm not going, i totally want to cry.
This would be my anniversary rave too.
BOOOOO.
i'll be there in spirit! GODDAMN IT I WILL.

ya it's supposed to be 100 degrees tonight. crazy...

hope everyone has a good time.

stay hydrated and sage and all that....curious to see how this lays out, since another person died in EDC texas.

How was day one everybody?

Im really sad right now, I had to miss EDC, just moved up north, my girlfriend is away for a month....I was up all night getting high by myself and periodically checking EDC's facebook for vids... I havent raved since New Years, and i haven't rolled since last october...TELL ME HAPPY STORIES GUYS.:)

Revelers embody as much of the show as the artists at Electric Daisy Carnival

By Jason Bracelin
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Posted: Jun. 26, 2011 | 1:04 a.m.

Of course there was a chick in a puffy white skirt pedaling a giant four-wheeled butterfly formed from two conjoined bicycles, at least half a dozen revelers dressed as party hard bananas and more flesh on display than a nudist camp composed solely of sumo wrestlers.

At 8 p.m. Friday at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the Electric Daisy Carnival officially began in all its awesomely absurdist glory and the need for pants and/or chest-covering fabrics officially ended.

It was a night as bright as day.

Everything seemed to glow and pulsate with color, as the 1,000 acres that formed the festival grounds emitted a supernova's radiance, and traversing the place was like entering a giant Lite-Brite or skinny-dipping in a lava lamp.

The main attraction, at least on paper, was the star DJs, the dance music prime movers who performed on six stages spread throughout the sprawling compound.

But the crowd was as much a part of the show as the artists themselves.

They came dressed as sexy bunny rabbits, sexy medical professionals, sexy superheroes, sexy Native Americans with painted faces and headdresses and sexy Ghostbusters (who knew such a thing could even exist?) if, that is, they came dressed in anything at all (bare chests, skimpy bikini bottoms and pasties were plentiful).

Aside from all the tanned and toned bodies on display, there were plenty of other diversions: Ferris wheels, bumper cars, a Tilt-A-Whirl and other amusement rides; stilt walkers covered in leafy green foliage; a black-clad drum corps stomping around; and a Fourth of July-worthy fireworks display that exploded above it all at 2 a.m.

Massive art installation pieces that looked like metallic insects or flowers or something a stoned H.R. Giger might dream up belched flames; a pair of metal towers shot bolts of purple-hued electricity that buzzed like angry wasps.

As such, it was easy to get distracted from the music, and perhaps this was the idea: rather than create an environment where the crowd merely stands and watches an artist perform, the Electric Daisy Carnival seemed more about attempting to cultivate an immersive atmosphere where the sounds were but a part of the experience, albeit a central one.

None of this is to suggest that the performers were an afterthought.

Far from it in fact, as the line-up on Friday was full of high-impact sets.

Moses couldn't part the sea of bodies that packed the Kinetic Field, where the headliners played on the biggest stage in North America, when superstar Dutch DJ Tiësto held court beginning at 1 a.m.

The capacity for that part of the grounds is 40,000, and it seemed to have reached that and then some, spilling into adjacent areas where Tiësto was a barely visible speck of red, the color of his T-shirt.

At festival gigs, nuance gives way to bombast, texture to sheer torque, and Tiësto was in full-on, fist-pumping anthem mode, playing favorites such as "Love Comes Again" to a crowd that bounced up and down like they were coated in rubber.

On the opposite side of the sonic spectrum, Richie Hawtin's set as Plastikman demonstrated that minimalist techno could still conjure maximum force.

Performing most of the time behind a circular wall of LED lights, Hawtin balanced ferocity and finesse impeccably with his heady, nonlinear electronica.

This was a night of contrasting aesthetics: as DJ Vice was enjoining the audience to go ape poo -- trust us, they needed no such encouragement -- Norway's Royksopp, one of the few acts to employ live instrumentation, was crafting alternately elegant and invigorated, meditative and poppy soundscapes while some crowd members lay in the grass in front of the stage, arms outstretched, making lawn angels.

Not long after Brits Skream and Benga unleashed enough bottom end to roil guts and cause indigestion on the aptly named Bass Pod -- a towering, circular lighting rig looked like a giant hamster wheel -- DJ Drop the Lime intermingled dubstep with rockabilly, transforming a surf standard like The Rivingtons' "The Bird's the Word" into a club banger.

Gradually, the night turned to dawn, with the reggae inflected Major Lazer providing a final burst of energy.

At one point, they played Jamaican folk standard "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)."

"Daylight come and me wan' go home," went its familiar refrain, which the crowd joined in on.

But clearly, not everyone embraced the sentiment.

To wit: As the audience filtered out into the parking lot at 6 a.m., some of them having taken in 12 hours of nonstop music, there was a dude handing out fliers for the after-party.

link

best.festival.ever.

seriously though, this is blowing ultra out of the water. all of the art and visual displays alone were worth the price of the ticket. the only thing ultra has over EDC is a better lineup, which i think will change next year. there's a guy riding around the festival on a giant glowing bat attached to a bike that flaps its wings when he pedals, and the dude was definitely tripping balls when i talked to him hahaha. The weather isn't NEARLY as bad as I thought it was going to be. the 2% humidity out here at night time really makes a big difference. It's not even over yet and were already planning next year.