Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

ecstasy + weed - semi experienced - zoning out

mialei

Greenlighter
Last saturday my friends and I decided to take some pills and have fun in our house.
I usually start feeling the effects after about half an hour to 45 mins and it all starts with the feeling of being wrapped up in a warm blanket or being washed in warm water.
About an hour later after my first pill all my friends started to feel the effects but I wasn't feeling anything. This really annoyed me and I found it really uncomfortable witnessing my friends tripping while being sober. Soon enough I started to feel this weird pain all around my body; kind of like when you get the flu and lay in a bed without moving at all but your body aches. I told my boyfriend that I wasn't feeling fine and then left the room to lay in the bed for a while. A few minutes later my boyfriend came and joined me and we started to talk about the universe and other existentialist stuff which made me kinda calm. I agreed on going back to the room to smoke some weed and hopefully feel better. At this point I was still complaining about feeling completely sober which everyone found pretty weird. I could feel my heart beating fast, jaws clenching, pressure in ears and everything but I could think and act like I wasn't intoxicated.
I took half of a pill and started to actually feel stuff but without any positive vibes. When I roll I feel so loving and emphatic but I was not even close being all that.
I took a second whole pill and things started to get super weird. I don't remember lots but at some point my boyfriend and I were cuddling on the bed and I completely zone out, see him driving, and myself sitting next to him and as soon as I tell him that he has to take the right out loud I came back, see him looking so confused and realize that we were infact in our room I give the most insane and scared look to him. After I got over that, I hugged him again and when I let go I saw the wall really close to my face and got so scared that I jump. I laughed, hugged him again and told him that I was scared of the wall for some reason and I let him go again and freak out about the wall again. It almost felt like I was trapped in this weird cycle of zoning out and coming back and zoning out. I started to freak out because I couldn't decide what was real and what wasn't.
I took a half more and danced and chatted a little with friends. One of them was talking about really private stuff about him and the other was hallucinating insanely. Soon enough I realize that my friends also zone out and come back from that by saying something but it didnt seem to annoy them as much as it annoyed me.
Around 7 am we decided to go by the sea and sit on the grass to relax a little and after getting ready for half and hour and walking for a few minutes I stop, start panicking and ask my boyfriend where we were going because I just couldn't remember. I don't think I could realize that I was rolling at that point too. I was talking about losing my mind and panicking, zoning out, coming back, and freaking out.
I asked my friend and he told me that when I zone out, my eyes were open but the look on my face was completely empty.
Did anyone experienced something like this? If so I'd love to hear about it. If you have any idea why I had a trip like this please also share.
I'm thinking that the fact I took two pills just last week might be the case? Maybe my brain and serotonin levels just wasnt ready. I was also drinking whiskey but nothing too much. Our pills were not tested so I dont know that was in them. Found our pills on pillreports and apparently they were newly released testers.
I rolled 4 times before; 9 pills in a span of 3 months and never experienced something so unsettling.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_ecstasy
substancecode_mdma
substancecode_empathogens
substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabis
_combo_
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_negative
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mialei, welcome to Bluelight. :) Thanks for sharing your story with us.

It's odd that the actually positive subjective effects were absent for you.... I'd suggest that it might not be what you thought if not for the fact that everyone else you were with seemed to be enjoying themselves. It is possible that it just wasn't your night for it though, it could have been your recent rolling and alcohol use as you suggested, actually I would expect both those things to contribute either way, but still sometimes these things just happen because of something about your mood or even just some impossible to discern reason, like the stars just all aligned to give you a crappy night. Regardless, the standard refresh, take a short break, eat well and be active, make sure you've got good drugs.... You should be pretty much good to go again next time if you can stick to that kind of mindset.

The hallucinations you describe are actually not uncommon for strong MDMA experiences, they're something my friends and I used to specifically seek out from it. They generally start happening much more easily after a few hours and with the help of cannabis or multiple redoses, and can get all the way up to the point that they rival classical psychedelics like LSD and mushrooms if pushed far enough. Your best bet of avoiding them if you don't find them pleasant is to not dose too high, stick to one or two doses instead of continuing to take more, and don't mix in other drugs like cannabis. Other than when you're tripping so hard that you can act out your dissociated behaviors though, there's nothing inherently dangerous about them, it's just another kind of trip.

Hope that helps clear some things up. :)